With the Z06 expected to be "the next best thing" I'll ask what others have experienced getting on waiting lists and what dealers have said about the ultimate sale price. I'll start with what I was told last w/e when I made the rounds amongst the 3 dealers in my City, who sell the most Corvettes:

-dealer #1: only 2 people on their list, however they require a $10,000 refundable deposit to get on the list (non-refundable once order in) AND you must agree up-front to pay $50,000 over MSRP. I passed.
-dealer #2: 38 people on their list, no deposit required but $5,000 non-refundable deposit payable when get allocation/make order; selling at MSRP. I passed due to so many on list before me.
-dealer #3: 15 people on their list, rest is the same as #2 above. I'm now #16 on their list.

Dealer #1 is convinced the Z06 will be ++rare and dealers will get very few allocations, or at least that's their rationale for asking "market-price" up-front. Dealer #2 on the other hand, expected the C8 Z06 to be about the same as what happened with the C7 generation where they received 10 Z06's amongst the 24 allocations they got: so 14 Stingrays and 10 Z06's. That sounded odd to me since other Forums had people speculating there'd likely be one Z06 for every 4 or 5 C8 Stingrays. But who knows??

Finally, I've been on a Z06 list since December 3/20 with the out-of-town dealer where I bought my Stingray: no deposit required due to my past C8 purchase and I'm #5. Like the Stingray, I think it a good idea to be on multiple lists. Hopefully by the Fall of 2022 when we're able to submit Z06 orders, the world will be back to "normal" for 2023 vehicle production/delivery and there will be far fewer delays. There you have it. Hope this helps out and I look forward to hearing about what's happened with others.

Last edited:
I would venture a guess that dealer #1 is likely correct with the rareness for the inaugural year of the Z06. 34,000 plus C7's were built in 2015 with 8000 plus being Z06 models. Only 1715 of the 34,000 C7's came to Canada in 2015 with 300 plus being the Z06. My dealer got 7 stingrays and 1 Z06 that year. If dealer #2 says he got 10 Z06's in 2015, I would call BS or poor memory. The fact that dealer #1 asking 50k over MSRP is disappointing but growing more common it seems. Good on ya Vaughn for getting on the list with a less greedy dealership. :thumbs:

No.7 on the list at a local Vancouver volume Dealer with $2k down refundable.
Another local dealer advised a lot of people are switching to the Z06 list from the C8 list. He would not give me a number.
I would be happy with a 2024-2025 allocation.
Plus ultimately the cost with the new tax would also be a deciding factor.
But yes the early bird gets the worm.

No.7 on the list at a local Vancouver volume Dealer with $2k down refundable.
Another local dealer advised a lot of people are switching to the Z06 list from the C8 list. He would not give me a number.
I would be happy with a 2024-2025 allocation.
Plus ultimately the cost with the new tax would also be a deciding factor.
But yes the early bird gets the worm.
I nearly convinced myself the Z06 is within my reach only to realize that with options and the luxury tax, these things would quickly move past my price range.

With the Z06 expected to be "the next best thing" I'll ask what others have experienced getting on waiting lists and what dealers have said about the ultimate sale price. I'll start with what I was told last w/e when I made the rounds amongst the 3 dealers in my City, who sell the most Corvettes:

-dealer #1: only 2 people on their list, however they require a $10,000 refundable deposit to get on the list (non-refundable once order in) AND you must agree up-front to pay $50,000 over MSRP. I passed.
-dealer #2: 38 people on their list, no deposit required but $5,000 non-refundable deposit payable when get allocation/make order; selling at MSRP. I passed due to so many on list before me.
-dealer #3: 15 people on their list, rest is the same as #2 above. I'm now #16 on their list.

Dealer #1 is convinced the Z06 will be ++rare and dealers will get very few allocations, or at least that's their rationale for asking "market-price" up-front. Dealer #2 on the other hand, expected the C8 Z06 to be about the same as what happened with the C7 generation where they received 10 Z06's amongst the 24 allocations they got: so 14 Stingrays and 10 Z06's. That sounded odd to me since other Forums had people speculating there'd likely be one Z06 for every 4 or 5 C8 Stingrays. But who knows??

Finally, I've been on a Z06 list since December 3/20 with the out-of-town dealer where I bought my Stingray: no deposit required due to my past C8 purchase and I'm #5. Like the Stingray, I think it a good idea to be on multiple lists. Hopefully by the Fall of 2022 when we're able to submit Z06 orders, the world will be back to "normal" for 2023 vehicle production/delivery and there will be far fewer delays. There you have it. Hope this helps out and I look forward to hearing about what's happened with others.
Well, I was going to say: if you were 1st on a list at a big dealer since 2020, you probably have a good chance to get one. I believe there will not be that many Z06 available for Canada. Your chances at your current dealer for a 2022, I would say are slim - probably looking at a 2023. The Z06 will sell for huge mark-ups at a lot of dealers; and, secondly, resales will likewise go at heavy premiums just like the C8 stingray. A friend who bought a C8 coupe in 2020 will be ordering a C8 HTC for 2022. The dealer (that I am ordering a 2022 HTC from) is giving him a trade-in allowance on his current car of: price paid plus $10K and he gets to drive it until he takes delivery of his new HTC. C8 2020 HTC are asking $145k+. I am 1st on the list for the AWD version which appeals to me more than the Z06 because I want AWD. Good luck and enjoy your C8 - drive it every day.

Great discussion, totally off the rails for this thread. :oops: :boomcar:

Waaaaaaay too much cleaning here. Please move these discussions to our off topic risk board.

I just opened up the flood gates with a general election thread in off topic so let's all go play there.

Reactions: AxeZ06 and frankmp
Can someone tell me if Z06 allocations are sperate from Stingray allocations?
Sounds like they are allotted separately. Is that true?
Does a dealer have a say in how many Z06's he gets or is it based on past Z06 sales?
Just how does it work.
Inquiring mind wants to know.

Can someone tell me if Z06 allocations are sperate from Stingray allocations?
Sounds like they are allotted separately. Is that true?
Does a dealer have a say in how many Z06's he gets or is it based on past Z06 sales?
Just how does it work.
Inquiring mind wants to know.
Probably run along the same lines as the 2019 ZR 1 allocations at least for the first year. And we all know how hard it was to get one and the dealer mark ups in Canada. In year one you are going to have to “know someone or be someone”
It’s a good bet people on lists will start seeing cars in year two.

My local dealers told me they expect the C8 Z06's will work similar to the last generation Z06's: they'll receive about the same over-all allotments for the C8 generation, however the C8 Z06's will count as part of their usual C8 allotment. One dealer thought they'd get almost half the number of Z06's compared to Stingrays (based upon the 2019 C7 generation numbers)...whereas another thought they'd get almost none (aka: only a very few). All this is predicated on the dealership ordering that number (or more) of Z06's so the dealer must put an order in for a Z06 to be in the running to get it. You'll see comments from Rruuff Day above, that the initial year when the C7 Z06's are released, resulted in very few making their way to dealers, so the local dealer who expects to only get 2 or 3 may be correct. It sounds like the number of Z06's a dealer received in the recent past, may be irrelevant for the initial year, perhaps due to high demand...or perhaps (??) GM purposely making way less than demand in order to stoke it...or GM favouring its larger US market???? If the high demand for the C8 Stingray is maintained for 2023, GM may make less C8 Z06's in order to crank out the Stingrays...and by doing so further increase demand for the Z06's...

Sorry Murray but I suspect it's going to be "we'll know once it happens" due to the C8 Z06 demand and the fact we're into a whole new generation where the "old rules/expectations" may be thrown out the window...or perhaps history will repeat itself for the initial C8 Z06 release year, and Rruuff Day is correct and very few will make their way to Canadian dealerships. It's clear from the 2 dealers I spoke with in more detail, they had very different expectations and I think this hi-lights the lack of certainty. Hopefully this will all become more clear, as we get closer to the Z06 production and ordering.

Stopped by Duecks today to get a status on my fuel door.
The Z06 list with 6 on the list is full currently they are no longer adding more test pilots :) to it.
I also stopped by the Marine location today. It sounds the same.
Yes. Z06 would probably be a 2 yr wait at least.

Picked up my new C8 HTC 2E62C163-10F2-4600-B0B6-E19DE30D3B31.jpegfrom Dueck today. Unless you are going to the track a z06 is just going to be about bragging rights. Just happy to get a C8.

Picked up my new C8 HTC View attachment 86374from Dueck today. Unless you are going to the track a z06 is just going to be about bragging rights. Just happy to get a C8.
Seen you yesterday picking it up. I was at Duecks to check on some parts.
First time seeing a HTC. You have a great looking ride. Hope you get a few more top down days this year.

First time seeing a HTC. You have a great looking ride. Hope you get a few more top down days this year.
Should be able to drive every day with the new tires. I plan on putting them on my 2022 Z51 C8 HTC. I hope to order this month - please keep fingers crossed for me.:Cheers2:

Reactions: GreenTurtle2C8
How does GM view trading a 2021 or 2022 in to the dealer for a Z06 upgrade?

Assuming I get my 2022 in mid-2022, and prices stay high on the used car market, could I order a 2023/24 Z06 and then trade the 2022 in when it shows up? Or do I sell it privateIy even though will for sure I will not have the 12k kms (I think it's 12k?) on the clock, more like 6k. I am assuming here the dealer will pay me more than MSRP for the 2022.

Regards,

Livy M.

Already have it broken in and the first oil change done. Wanted to shake it down before winter. Mission Accomplished
No regrets, lots of positive comments even with the old school wheels. One thing I noticed it that it generates very little brake dust and the rotors don't rust, they must be using some different linings and special metals for the rotors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.