Will be killer. Can't wait to see that thing at the track.

I was considering it, but the 20% luxury car tax turned me off. If I win the lottery and money is no object, then I'll pay to play. For now, I'll stick with the Stingray.
We pay a hell of a lot of tax in BC . Not sure if the luxury tax would kick - maybe? Not sure where it starts.

These things are going to be next to impossible to find I'm guessing?

I called Dueck and the sales person was like "oh we don't know how many we're getting so we're not taking any..." then rambled on and said "there's 30 people in line and they might only get 3 a year".

So I'm actually more confused if anything lol.

These things are going to be next to impossible to find I'm guessing?

I called Dueck and the sales person was like "oh we don't know how many we're getting so we're not taking any..." then rambled on and said "there's 30 people in line and they might only get 3 a year".

So I'm actually more confused if anything lol.
He is full of you know what. Call Kelowna GM - they get a huge allocation. They gave me an an allocation, then Carter called me to order. KGM sold a lot of C7 and C8 and not a lot of local demand - out of town - so, you will probably get an order. They do chg $15K over
MSRP though.

Sorry - $10K over MSRP. Duecks would get a lot of allocations - all three dealerships - they sell a lot of corvettes. I suspect though that you might be late to the party: call all three - speak to new car sales manager to get the scoop.

They had a problem selling ZR1 in BC as even if you got one at list of $179k convertible. Tax was $45 k in BC

New Z06 will be limited year one like the ZR1 with most allocations going to USA. Some dealers in Canada will be lucky to get one. And the dealer owner will take it or sell to the highest bidder.

BTW Dueck sells C8s at MSRP but it’s a long line up. Why would you pay the crooks in Kelowna over MSRP.

Same as what? It will be hugely different than the C8 stingray for sure.
That is what I meant, how much it will differ from the C8 stingray. I do not care for the C8 as is now with respect to the looks so I am hoping the Z rendition will improve that to entice me into one. Something about the current C8 just does not pull me in and I never pay much attention to them when I see them.

I'm simply referring to the looks, the performance aspect of the C8 is already quite good with the current stingray model so I already know the Z will be great.

In any event you will need deep pockets and friends in high places to get a place in line for the first year of the Z06
As you know 99% will go the the US market first. A lot of people expect that they can jump out of the line for the base C8 and get a Z06 instead, but reality will set in quickly as dealers already have a two to three year waiting list for the standard C8 based on current production levels. Cheers

Sorry - $10K over MSRP. Duecks would get a lot of allocations - all three dealerships - they sell a lot of corvettes. I suspect though that you might be late to the party: call all three - speak to new car sales manager to get the scoop.

Damn, yeah I got in at Duecks for a normal C8, but the Z06 discussion so super muddy... I have no idea what the official protocol is, some are saying they're taking orders but the line is long, others aren't taking it at all.

The two Deuck sales people said they haven't gotten any word from Chevrolet for the Z06 so they seem clueless about it.

I'll stick with Dueck because they do only charge MSRP. Thankfully.

Damn, yeah I got in at Duecks for a normal C8, but the Z06 discussion so super muddy... I have no idea what the official protocol is, some are saying they're taking orders but the line is long, others aren't taking it at all.

The two Deuck sales people said they haven't gotten any word from Chevrolet for the Z06 so they seem clueless about it.

I'll stick with Dueck because they do only charge MSRP. Thankfully.
I think you can forget about a Z06 based on my dealer (Carters in N.V.) - long list and not many will be allocated to Canada for quite a while I would think? They charge MSRP as well. I probably will not get my C8 until summer 2022 and I was told to forget about a Z06. I am not getting any younger - so, I'll settle for my loaded C8. Good luck to you!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread