Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
A CTF Z06 was spotted recently (yesterday?)
It was confirmed by the vin which is a production vin ending with 50xxxxx as opposed to 51xxxxx
Edit: I should correct my statement to say that customer ordered vins end with 51xxxxx and early experimental cars, which are crushed later, have a vin stating it's experimental (I forget exactly what that is) and CTF's end with 50xxxxx

Last edited:
A CTF Z06 was spotted recently (yesterday?)
It was confirmed by the vin which is a production vin ending with 50xxxxx as opposed to 51xxxxx
Edit: I should correct my statement to say that customer ordered vins end with 51xxxxx and early experimental cars, which are crushed later, have a vin stating it's experimental (I forget exactly what that is) and CTF's end with 50xxxxx
Interesting: I was told that the C7 Z06's had a different vin sequence of 56xxxxx. I should assume the C8 will be similar.

My mistake. I assumed they were confirmed by vin, but they were confirmed by stickers on the windshield stating they were CTF's. In fact MECF is reporting (via Mark Riel) that 36 CTF's were made. This could also explain recent low number of Stingrays produced.

1648990589236.png

I took a pic of the car's vin, that was on tour near Buffalo prior to the C8 release. It was destined for the crusher. Vin ending with "X".
Ya, that's it. EX is for experimental and they get crushed later. CTF's are checked over etc. and given to dealers to sell unless they need to be crushed also..

Reactions: AxeZ06
What does CTF mean?
Ya, they are the cars they build on the line testing to make sure they are built to customer releasable standards. They are then tested and driven by the engineers in real life situations. Once they have miles on them many are taken apart to check for wear etc. If all goes well they can then be confident that the line can build customer cars. The CTF cars are then either crushed or given to dealers (once freshened up) to sell.
The EXperimental cars are usually hand built and therefore can not be sold and so are crushed once their usefulness is done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.