Makes people accountable for their requests - must justify vs - adding on 5% just because?
Sounds like a good idea in theory, but it's the execution of it that was poor. I could have built a perfect zbb with all the rationale in the world. Someone from the top would always come back and arbitrarily take out 10% just 'cause, and call it "stretch". At that point, the exercise lost its integrity.

But back to the Z06 commercial! lol It's a Marketing investment into the brand. But even some of the best marketing companies in the world can't definitively link marketing investment to volume growth.

I used to work for a leading energy drink company who spent millions in Canada alone...not a single marketeer could ever prove that a single dollar invested drove share or volume.

Compkex ussue
I spent most of my career in sales and no one ever questioned whether all those games of hosting golf with customers ever led to an actual increase in sales. Of course it did! ;):Cheers2:;)
Me to: lots of golf, dinners, get-a-ways (of course all business at least on paper) international conferences - wine tours etc. etc. Man, it was torture in the trenches. Retiring - I had to get use to spending my own money - ouch!! One of the top sales reps and always over budget on my entertainment budget - LOL.:Cheers2:

Compkex ussue

Me to: lots of golf, dinners, get-a-ways (of course all business at least on paper) international conferences - wine tours etc. etc. Man, it was torture in the trenches. Retiring - I had to get use to spending my own money - ouch!! One of the top sales reps and always over budget on my entertainment budget - LOL.:Cheers2:
And the pain of having to downgrade to Noodle balls from the Pro V with the company logo.:(

And the pain of having to downgrade to Noodle balls from the Pro V with the company logo.:(
I know. It has been a difficult transition - still have some golf balls left - not many that I did not pay for - LOL. You must be getting ready to head south to enjoy the sun?

Our flight south is November 4 & we are anxious to go.
Maybe you can drive by then in your GS or, is it down there already? My plans were to buy a place down there (10 yr. ago) and found out my wife does not want to go - she retired and still works a full week as casual.:confused:

Maybe you can drive by then in your GS or, is it down there already? My plans were to buy a place down there (10 yr. ago) and found out my wife does not want to go - she retired and still works a full week as casual.:confused:
GS stays home for another winter. Wife's Mercedes SL500 purchased last year has become our southern toy.

Attachments

• IMG_3646.JPG
    IMG_3646.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 14
Retirement is hard on us all... Corvettes and Mercedes and a snowbird home in the South... It just doesn't get much tougher than that. Almost makes us want to go back to work.... NOT! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.