Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
More pictures, info and more at these two links. These are new GM products being introduced on the CT5-V.
C1F63987-0ADA-418B-B452-1845BF15AC5C.jpeg

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/241407-c8-z06-to-have-carbon-ceramic-brembo’s

Might C8 Z06 Mag Wheels Be An Option - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

Pretty confident that carbon ceramics will be an option for the Z06. Just seems like table stakes nowadays since pretty much all the other big names are doing it too.

That said, I don't think they will ever be for me. I would suspect it to be a $10K option, and probably nearly just as much to do a full replacement. Unless I was racing and needed the competitive advantage, I have several other ways to spend $10K before a brake upgrade.

Magnesium wheels would be cool. Probably 30% lighter than aluminum and almost as expensive as carbon fiber. If they can find a way to mass produce and keep the price sane, it would be neat to see it on a production street car. Problem with both mag and carbon fiber wheels is that there is no repairing them if they ever get rashed or damaged. For that reason, I would either buy wheel insurance, or just run aluminum wheels for the street.

I think GM didn’t put slotted and drilled rotors on because they are more prone to cracking. Not good on a mass produced car. That being said I have them on my challenger with 6 piston Baer brake on all 4 corners and their fine so far but even if 1 out of a hundred crack I could see a major recall.

Hey "crazylegs": check your personal messages; I sent you one 4 days ago in case you haven't seen it yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.