"Which is Better" is a clickbait title that has no real meaning or value. Better what? Track car, daily driver, fuel efficiency, price? Who cares. People don't buy one or the other because one is better. People buy a sports car because they love it. You can't put a quantifiable value on that.

These are two incredibly different cars. The only similarities are they both have a V8 engine and 4 wheels. Aside from that, it's a comparison of apples to oranges. A better comparison would be the Camaro ZL1 1LE with the ZR-1 engine.

The current Ford GT is the closest American car to the 2020 Corvette, but even then they're two completely different cars for other reasons.

"Which is Better" is a clickbait title that has no real meaning or value. Better what? Track car, daily driver, fuel efficiency, price? Who cares. People don't buy one or the other because one is better. People buy a sports car because they love it. You can't put a quantifiable value on that.

These are two incredibly different cars. The only similarities are they both have a V8 engine and 4 wheels. Aside from that, it's a comparison of apples to oranges. A better comparison would be the Camaro ZL1 1LE with the ZR-1 engine.

The current Ford GT is the closest American car to the 2020 Corvette, but even then they're two completely different cars for other reasons.
Listen being a car guy; I love: Ford GT ( best comparison to C8), the GT 500 and My C7 & C8 and Ferrari - both the Ferrari & Gt Ford can't afford at over $400K plus. The Shelby GT500 I can afford; and, as I say, would love to own the vette and her. My wife would kill me!!!:heavycar:

The only GT with a link to Ford I am considering is one like this:

I love the Ford GT - the latest models 2017 & 2019. The downside: not practical (no room for luggage, golf clubs etc.) - so, can't really go anywhere except a drive - LOL.

I love the Ford GT - the latest models 2017 & 2019. The downside: not practical (no room for luggage, golf clubs etc.) - so, can't really go anywhere except a drive - LOL.
Sat in a couple last week at these factories - Race Car Replicas and Home - Ardern Cars
No auto available; no bump shift - no traction control - no cup holders - a real race car - really nice.

Sat in a couple last week at these factories - Race Car Replicas and Home - Ardern Cars
No auto available; no bump shift - no traction control - no cup holders - a real race car - really nice.

Indeed. The current Ford GT was designed and built without the restrictions executives placed. The engineers literally were able to do whatever they wanted. It's a pure track car. You'll never want to drive one on public roads.

Indeed. The current Ford GT was designed and built without the restrictions executives placed. The engineers literally were able to do whatever they wanted. It's a pure track car. You'll never want to drive one on public roads.
There are few that are licensed for the road (and in Ontario). I have been invited to go for a spin in one this spring owned by a fellow in Toronto. It is a replica out of South Africa (CAV).

The 2017 & 2019 would be fine on public roads - all the latest technology!!

There are few that are licensed for the road (and in Ontario). I have been invited to go for a spin in one this spring owned by a fellow in Toronto. It is a replica out of South Africa (CAV).

Oh, for sure it can be licensed and it can be driven on the road. It's that it's a track car that has been legalized. It's possible, but that would be like driving a Corvette with race suspension and aluminum seats. Not comfortable.

For me, i have always always been a mustang fan, owned one and loved it. Why i went to vette was this c8, for me its gorgeous and more affordable than a gt500, try to get one of those for msrp not a chance. I get good performance great looks and save myself 40 g. If money was no object then the gt500 would be in my driveway

These are selling at auction for over $1M. Can't get on the buy list unless you are a collector. By the way; these are built in Markham, ON at a subcontractor to Ford; Multimac.
Yeah, I knew that: a friend of my son who graduated with him from UBC B.A.S.c. (mech. engineering) worked there after graduation.

For me, i have always always been a mustang fan, owned one and loved it. Why i went to vette was this c8, for me its gorgeous and more affordable than a gt500, try to get one of those for msrp not a chance. I get good performance great looks and save myself 40 g. If money was no object then the gt500 would be in my driveway
I bought the first of the GT500 in 2007 (traded in 96 collectors edition corvette convertible): a new convertible and paid about $25K over MRSP from Brown Bros. (never buy anything from them again). The first model had the badges; but, nothing else - basically a GT with a SC. It handled brutally; so, I had the suspension upgraded ( Shelby), car lowered, added big MF Mag exhaust system and away I went. The subsequent models got better several years after and the new one will be amazing. There should be dealers that sell for MSRP, I would hope? I am a Mustang fan also; but, I am on my 4th corvette. I love my C7 - amazing car!! The C8 IMHO is a car to have over the new Shelby GT500. In a perfect world, I'd have both to be honest: wife would kill me and no space in my garage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread