VetteCoins
Car
▶ $ICAMOU$ ◀
Province
BC
16 screws to remove cover...access port for oil fill/dipstick
rear window operates w/top up or down
20191011_133612_hdr_e0f8f536897cb2956156d2b9e185da3f9d0162e6.jpg

That's super cool! Notice the exhaust port at the rear of the cover - help keep heat away from the top when it's down.

Those gears are pretty cool too! I'm surprised they're exposed like that (the engineer in me is coming out).

I think the power rear window is also a great addition - one of the nice things with driving a classic roadster is having the top up and the rear window open.

I did just have a thought: HOLY BLIND SPOTS! The nacells are huge and don't have any windows in them. Guess you'll really want the 2LT if you get one of these!

Gears; probably the only/best way to grantee absolute synchronisation of all moving parts? There maybe too many variables to use electro-hydraulic systems.

.... just don't lean in with a necktie while operating the roof with the remote! :Woot:

:Cheers2:

Gears; probably the only/best way to grantee absolute synchronisation of all moving parts? There maybe too many variables to use electro-hydraulic systems.

.... just don't lean in with a necktie while operating the roof with the remote! :Woot:

:Cheers2:
Then the C8 convertible is not quite ready for prime time.

Reactions: LE BARON
When I pop the hood I want to see clean. This is hardly clean. Two ginormous gears looks like the hammer mill we rolled oats with on the farm when I was a kid. The engine compartment should look like it at least came after the industrial revolution.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Engine cover open, it does not look elegant at all but that is only for a brief period. If I ever become so fortunate to own a C8 vert, the top will be lowered and raised away from critical eyes! "Don't look now dear, the top is coming up!" :). With the engine cover in place, the vert might be sleek in the eye of the beholder. I say 'might' because it has two huge nacelles behind the headrests that will add to the controversy. Must have been one helluva engineering exercise to design the entire 'convertible' system on a mid-engine platform. Nonetheless, Corvette will continue to offer a coupe and a convertible.

Reactions: Dik
Hammer mill. Lol. Not bad...

Yeah, they do look rough around the edges but I'm good with them as long as they work perfectly.

My C6 was electro-hydraulic and did have issues. The mechanism does get out of alignment if you use it a lot.... and i used mine a lot.

Agree, the mechanics and hardware don't have the most appealing look to them. Function over looks, but both would be nice. then again, the price has to be considered. I'm sure if GM added another $20,000 to the C8 convertible, the mechanics would be, well ... more Swiss watch like.

Agree, the mechanics and hardware don't have the most appealing look to them. Function over looks, but both would be nice. then again, the price has to be considered. I'm sure if GM added another $20,000 to the C8 convertible, the mechanics would be, well ... more Swiss watch like.
So far we have Timex....:confused:

Reactions: Dik

Although not rear engine, the wife’s 2011 BMW Z4 with retractable hard top, is light years ahead of that monstrosity....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.