Dec 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 ZF1 Stingray
Province
QC
How many of you seeing the trunk space will deter you from purchasing a C8? This model will directly affect your decision to purchase one based on the function of the car. No longer will it be a very useful car while being a high performance sports car. You'll look cool in an extra exotic looking car that will fit right in beside supercars and you will be able to enjoy the performance but forget it being utilitarian like previous generations.

Forget bringing your wife on a 2-3 day trip sleeping in a hotel. With all their stuff and your own forget about a little shopping. I like to go to the states once in a while and when we are there we buy some food, snacks, a bottle of booze and I like to buy some used books. We'd have to sacrifice half the luggage and forget the idea of shopping. Will you shop, do 2-3 trips to a post office and ship your goodies back home? Second issue since it won't be very useful, forget about spending Saturday in your favorite car shopping for groceries for your long work week that's coming ahead so you can pay for the car.

For me I love the supercar look and that is my number one priority for my first sports car but it's a deal breaker at the moment because I only have a little time on Saturday and Sunday to enjoy life while the GF and I need to buy supplies for the work week. A C7 fit will fit both needs but isn't a true looking supercar. I guess the C7 was the last option for a blue collar working man. I was imagining doing weekend trips but with a C8 that would be out of the equation unless it's only for sight seeing in your nice shoes and eating out at restaurants.

Video worked fine for me. Yes. Storage space is reduced a bit from the C6/C7 gens but I think with some thought, and after examining the many pics and specs of the trunk/frunk space, that longer trips and baggage is not going to be a huge issue. Especially if you forego removing the targa top, It gives you a touch more space in the coupe. Both the coupe and the vert have 12.6 cubic feet of storage space compared to 15 in the C7 coupe. The C7 vert is considerably less.

I have taken many extended trips into the US with both my C6 and C7 and only once wished for more room as I am an antique picker and found a windfall of treasures...lol... This was 2 carry=on size airport bags, a 12 V plugin cooler, booze, one of my guitars, Brenda's shopping treasures, and various antiques I purchased along the way. Only drawback was not having room to take the top down and not having room to buy more...lol

DSCN2026.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Tango
I drive a c4 converible so the C8 storage space looks pretty big to me. I’m not sure I could even get a single golf bag in mine with the top down, let alone a couple suitcases. And; as far as I’m concerned, it’s pretty much a crime warranting capital punishment to drive a ‘vert with the top up...

The C7 coupe looks absolutely CAVERNOUS to me compared to my ‘vert.

I wouldn’t say the C7 isn’t “supercar” enough when it can hang with (or beat) modern ferraris and other exotics. It’s more like a “supercar” with “musclecar” overtones. But the C7 is still in the “evolutionary” chain for the corvettes, where the C8 taps the “revolutionary” category.

Not everyone likes the C8 either. Here’s a writeup on one of the c2/3 designers commenting on the “styling” of the c8. He’s not a big fan. He doesn’t hate it, but he actually hit on several points that clarified some of the things I couldn’t put my finger on about the C8 styling being a little “off” to my eye:

Now, thats just his opinion and opinions are highly subjective. Thus, he’s neither right nor wrong. Thats just the nature of some thats “subjective”.

Still, a guy has got to spend his money one what he likes and if you don’t like the C7 and the C8 won’t work for you, well...

Maybe a nice C3/4/5/6?

Maybe wait to see what the C9 will be?

Hmmmm, I wonder what a C8 would look like pulling a small utility trailer or with one of those “roof top cargo boxes”?

Lol!

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik and Tango
Still, a guy has got to spend his money one what he likes and if you don’t like the C7 and the C8 won’t work for you, well...

Maybe a nice C3/4/5/6?

Maybe wait to see what the C9 will be?

Hmmmm, I wonder what a C8 would look like pulling a small utility trailer or with one of those “roof top cargo boxes”?

Lol!

;)

I still love the C7 styling, with a few decals to accentuate the sides and a racing wing, it will be perfect. My lottery wish is a Lambo Hurrican for the looks and exhaust sounds but I have to settle for something in my budget. The C8 is pretty futuristic and could be a little cousin of the Lambo style wise, I see the C8 use same line style as they used for the C7 plus the side scoops.

The roof top cargo box is a good idea for a trip, I hadn't thought of that. As for a C7 being a supercar, well I'm no expert determining if it is or not. Maybe if the price tag would be 150 thousand dollars then automatically people would label it so.

On another note since the C8 are sold out or not available until 2021 and I absolutely want a car for next summer I'll go for the C7 and when they start to be readily available then I'll see what I'll do. Imagine driving that how exotic it'll be!

jons_lambo-jpg_lightbox.jpg

Last edited:
I find the more I look at the C8, the more I like the C7. Looking at the C7, I find myself liking my C4 even more. I guess I'm just stuck in the 80's.

I skip the C5/6 altogether. Not that they're bad cars, They're pretty much superior (mechanically) in every way to my clunky old C4. My reasons are purely subjective: I just don't like the looks of them. The C5 just has too big a butt on it and the C6 looks like (to me) a C5 that has had the "flip up" headlight removed. The C5 is just kind of "bulbous" to my eye and the C6 is pretty close to the same for me.

The C7 isn't a bad looking car, it's growing on me (which looking at the C8 is increasing that "growing"):

corvette.ashx

ZR1-Corvette-2019-White-Hennessey7-min.jpg

Pretty hot looking IMHO. But if you're looking for that "euro" look, the C7 isn't exactly that flavor. I'm also biased towards front engine layouts, but that's just me and I full acknowledge the limitations it brings with it.

here's a C8 with a cargo carrier photoshop to give you an idea towards looks:

subp3ria copy.jpg

Not the sportiest look, but could be managable for the infrequent long distance trip. You could always pop it off and leave it in the hotel room when you get where you are going I guess. You'd have to make it yourself though. i doubt that's going to be an option anyone offers for the C8.....:)

• Useful
Reactions: Tango and Gilles27
Since I don't want it if the top doesn't go down, the C8 is an improvement on what I currently own. More luggage space!!! It definitely works for me, but since I just got my C7, it will be a while before I join the C8 group.

Reactions: Dik
How many of you seeing the trunk space will deter you from purchasing a C8? This model will directly affect your decision to purchase one based on the function of the car. No longer will it be a very useful car while being a high performance sports car. You'll look cool in an extra exotic looking car that will fit right in beside supercars and you will be able to enjoy the performance but forget it being utilitarian like previous generations.

Forget bringing your wife on a 2-3 day trip sleeping in a hotel. With all their stuff and your own forget about a little shopping. I like to go to the states once in a while and when we are there we buy some food, snacks, a bottle of booze and I like to buy some used books. We'd have to sacrifice half the luggage and forget the idea of shopping. Will you shop, do 2-3 trips to a post office and ship your goodies back home? Second issue since it won't be very useful, forget about spending Saturday in your favorite car shopping for groceries for your long work week that's coming ahead so you can pay for the car.

For me I love the supercar look and that is my number one priority for my first sports car but it's a deal breaker at the moment because I only have a little time on Saturday and Sunday to enjoy life while the GF and I need to buy supplies for the work week. A C7 fit will fit both needs but isn't a true looking supercar. I guess the C7 was the last option for a blue collar working man. I was imagining doing weekend trips but with a C8 that would be out of the equation unless it's only for sight seeing in your nice shoes and eating out at restaurants.
Not sure that is true? The C8 will have more room than my C7, I believe. Right now I can get my golf clubs and gear in the trunk; where as the C8 will hold 2 golf bags - then their is the frunk. Definitely way more space than a 911 or any other SC I can think of. The C7 coupe will hold more stuff than my vert probably? I have had 4 vettes and my C7 is, by far, the best handling of all them. Their are a fair number of C7 owners where I live and they are not blue collar workers. They love their C7 (mostly Z06).

Reactions: Dik
The C7 vert has 10 cubic feet of luggage space. 5 less than the C7 coupe and 2.7 less than the C8 coupe and Vert. This is a pic of a C7 with two golf carry bags.

View attachment 34441
I knew you would come to my rescue with numbers to prove my point!! :Cheers2: :Cheers2:

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
It's not really about the numbers but more on the way you can pack and put stuff in it. For example you buy some groceries you will have to come up with some type of stackable dividers or your fruit and vegetables will get squashed at the bottom. Or let's say like Rruuff Day has shown, he's on a trip stops at an antique place and buys a chandeliers, in a C7 you could do that but the C8 probably not. With this new model you will have to get creative.

It's not really about the numbers but more on the way you can pack and put stuff in it. For example you buy some groceries you will have to come up with some type of stackable dividers or your fruit and vegetables will get squashed at the bottom. Or let's say like Rruuff Day has shown, he's on a trip stops at an antique place and buys a chandeliers, in a C7 you could do that but the C8 probably not. With this new model you will have to get creative.
I don't think " space" is a major issue quite frankly. Both the C7 & C8 are super compared to all other 2 seater sports cars - period!!:Beatdeadhorse:

• Agree
Reactions: BDK and JoeyBats
Maybe put your fruits and vegetables on top. Just sayin....

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.