YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Hello C8 Owners …

Looking for photo and measurements of the C8 air bag warning labels on sun screen visors
of 1LT/2LT and 3LT and the material type.
Been told it's the same material as the C7 with 1LT/2LT cloth and 3LT with suede but unsure.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
First thing I did when I bought my car was remove those ugly looking labels - LOL!
I removed them from sight as well on my c7's,
but with cover-ups that I can now get made with the OEM materials.
Hence why I am asking our C8 fellas if they would be so kind to reply.
After almost 100 views of a thread with such a rather simple request ...
not a single response so far. Guess I should not be surprised by that?
I'm even asking at a Dealership here in Calgary but am told it would be "disrespecting"
the owner of the car by having the doors opened. Unbelievable simple request as the
visor swings out for measuring the darn ugly labels - without even sitting in it.
By Law, I'm wearing a mask and regularly have to hand sanitize too. That's
rather respectful I think.

I will eventually get this information with a bit of patience I hope.

Last edited:
I removed them from sight as well on my c7's,
but with cover-ups that I can now get made with the OEM materials.
Hence why I am asking our C8 fellas if they would be so kind to reply.
After almost 100 views of a thread with such a rather simple request ...
not a single response so far. Guess I should not be surprised by that?
I'm even asking at a Dealership here in Calgary but am told it would be "disrespecting"
the owner of the car by having the doors opened. Unbelievable simple request as the
visor swings out for measuring the darn ugly labels - without even sitting in it.
By Law, I'm wearing a mask and regularly have to hand sanitize too. That's
rather respectful I think.

I will eventually get this information with a bit of patience I hope.
Misunderstood the question - or, at least, the implication - happens when old and senile. I was just making a comment not knowing the implication; which is great to know because if I order a C8 it would be much easier to cover the labels the way you suggest. It was a heck of a job removing them I can tell you that. Have a great day!! :Cheers2:

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
BTW, are you wanting pics of both sides of the visor? There are labels on both sides.
Now that I did not know ... thank you I would like to see what is on this visor that might be nothing but a nuisance and ugly so that
you fellas can option to cover them up. I call the manufacturer tomorrow but can always make follow-up requests once known.

dimensions for the labels would be most helpful as covers would be made slightly larger in order to make sure nothing shows.

Same sticker on both sides of 1LT 2.5" x 5" sorry for the glare on the ruler.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200820_124615.jpg
    thumbnail_20200820_124615.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail_20200820_124633.jpg
    thumbnail_20200820_124633.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
Wow they sure have over-killed on the labels by using both sides of the visor.
Thank you for the information.

I had a chat with my label manufacturer this morning and the C8 material is different from the C7.
Also finding that the 1LT/2LT & 3LT C8 all have the same visor material.
(Those with a C8 - 3LT please confirm this with me if I am wrong)
I've been told the sueded material is discontinuing.

We also might have the visors having Canadian Version differences from the USA in regard to the labels.

That 1"x6" visor label appears transparent ... wonder if that one is an easy peel-off ... perhaps not.
regardless ... information is sent to my manufacturer

I`ll be using my extra 3M carbon flash wrap as a temp fix with a small pull off tab for quick removal if somebody complains.
Do not use an `anybody` wrap as a glue residue may remain when removing.

I`ll be using my extra 3M carbon flash wrap as a temp fix with a small pull off tab for quick removal if somebody complains.
Larry that 3M vinyl, is it the 2080 Line because just ordered some didn't think they made carbon flash so I ordered black metallic

This product that can be manufactured is not for paint work.
It covers up the ugly air bag logo on the visor. Permanently.
There are mo laws about removing/altering most safety standards labels once it reaches the consumer.
Similar to it being OK to remove the transparent stickers regarding the side mirrors from the door windows.
So this product is purpose made with the OEM visor materials and not like the chinese gimmick label covers that out there.
No sure about why exterior paint wrap would be a better resolve other than cost
of when one does not want to see the ugly labels ... to each their own & all good.

i do appreciate and thank those who have replied with dimensions - if i happen to make and bring in a few C8 sets to purchase, it is totally by choice.
I have covers for all the C7 and C6 coming in soon and will be offered to CCF members first.
C8 covers will take a while as the exact OEM material is new to the market and has to be acquired.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks for all these efforts "SN-III". I should wait for my C8 but I'm too tired of waiting so I'm already purchasing accessories. As such I'll express my interest in the visor label covers you're kindly looking into. Judging by your earlier comments, I'll have the same material you're expecting to get, since mine will be a 2LT. On the other hand, I'm also getting a convertible but assume it'll have the same visors as the coupe? I'll PM "Sparro" to see if he can figure that out. I suspect he might be the first Forum member with a convertible, with it already in transit.

Reactions: YFCvii
SN-III, I am number 5 for a 2021 Corvette HTC at my dealer.
I should get it early next spring.
I also have an interest to cover those ugly safety stickers with a nice looking solution.
Count me in if you decide to have some cover sticker manufactured with the original material.

SN-III, I am number 5 for a 2021 Corvette HTC at my dealer.
I should get it early next spring.
I also have an interest to cover those ugly safety stickers with a nice looking solution.
Count me in if you decide to have some cover sticker manufactured with the original material.
Thank you for your interest. I will refer back to this thread as soon as I know the
fabric can be obtained and the product can be made and tag this into a new thread
in the appropriate selling section. Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread