Is the order of this thread screwed up for anyone else? Posts 15 , 10 and 1 are in different locations all the time. I have to search for new posts when they come in.

The only one that's out of order for me Murray is post #10: the order I see is #1, 2, 10, 3 to 9, 11 and onwards. Don't know why it's out of order with #10.

Thank you for your interest. I will refer back to this thread as soon as I know the
fabric can be obtained and the product can be made and tag this into a new thread
in the appropriate selling section. Cheers
SN-III, count me in for the covers as well. They are oddly distracting to my peripheral vision.

I ordered the color chart from "sunvisorsolutions" to see what color will work with my 2LT convertible and will post the result on this thread. The chart was only US$4 including delivery. Then the material itself should cost around US$12/pair from them so perhaps that will work out to about US$50 for both visors (4 sides: front and back of each visor)? I'll post that as well once I figure it out. Unless of course SN3 jumps in with a C8 visor solution...

I ordered the color chart from "sunvisorsolutions" to see what color will work with my 2LT convertible and will post the result on this thread. The chart was only US$4 including delivery. Then the material itself should cost around US$12/pair from them so perhaps that will work out to about US$50 for both visors (4 sides: front and back of each visor)? I'll post that as well once I figure it out. Unless of course SN3 jumps in with a C8 visor solution...
Did you find a solution?

Did you find a solution?

Hey Murray. After looking at the colour chart, I thought the best match for my visor was the "2469 charcoal black" and I ordered a complete sheet (US$15.95 + delivery) to make sure I had lots of material to work with. I'll post the before/after on the Forum once I install it. I'm not expecting it in the mail for another month or so.

Reactions: Murray20c8
So far very little fortune as it is a tough go with the “covid excuses south of the 49th”. If you share with me that the material is an exact match (because close match is not well received for me except to those saying better than nothing). I can then see if the supplier I have can obtain the material ... eventually. Then I will get the die-cut dimensions and get sets made. This only so that others can get it too and without the fuss of using scissors and getting it straight and perfect. A few might spend just a little more just to get a peel & stick “made-for” look - and it’s all my risk. No big deal with those who do this themselves. I also thought about buying the material but the nice rounded corners and protective packaging would be hard to match for the very very very fussy consumer/owner. Thx

So far very little fortune as it is a tough go with the “covid excuses south of the 49th”. If you share with me that the material is an exact match (because close match is not well received for me except to those saying better than nothing). I can then see if the supplier I have can obtain the material ... eventually. Then I will get the die-cut dimensions and get sets made. This only so that others can get it too and without the fuss of using scissors and getting it straight and perfect. A few might spend just a little more just to get a peel & stick “made-for” look - and it’s all my risk. No big deal with those who do this themselves. I also thought about buying the material but the nice rounded corners and protective packaging would be hard to match for the very very very fussy consumer/owner. Thx

Hey no worries SN3. Your "sun visor service" for past Corvette generations, is duly noted and appreciated. I'll post the results of my "C8 sun visor experiment" and let everyone know if the material I use is an "exact match". I'll even get "she who must be obeyed" to decide on the match, to give us an "expert opinion" since my spouse is used to dealing with fabrics and has a much better eye than me.

Thank you ... you can PM me a photo ... I hope this works for you as although I have the actual available material samples in my hand, I am blind without an actual C8 available for me to make a match. It is what it is ... and my garage already over-flow’ith for adding anything more 😇

Hello all. I've now installed my 2020 C8 2LT visor covers from "Sun Visor Solutions", plus done another one for a friend with a 2021 3LT. For those interested:

A. Do-it-yourself:

1. You start by ordering the Fabric Color Chart from Sun Visor Solutions.
2. You use that to try and match the fabric on your C8 visor.
3. You can then order different sizes of material from them (but see below for my suggested size).
4. When the material arrives, you cut it out to fit then peel off the back cover and stick it on to cover your visor warning labels (but see the template attached below).

B. If you want to follow what I did:

5. Order the full 8X10" sheet, rather than any of the smaller size packages.

6. Sun Visor Solutions has no material that perfectly matches the C8 2LT and 3LT trim line fabric, but what they do have is very close and IMO not a readily noticeable difference. The closest I found amongst their swatches was the #4184 "Jet Black" fabric for the 2LT and the #1559 "Black" for the 3LT suede. I didn't try working with the 1LT so I can't suggest a Sun Visor Solutions fabric to you 1LT owners. You'll have to order the Fabric Color Chart to compare and choose your own fabric. Perhaps SN3 will one day figure out an exact match for each trim level of the C8...

7. You then cut out the 4 pieces you need (the same 2 sizes per visor). Attached is a template I prepared, showing the shapes I cut out to fit the visor warning labels. This is the hardest part and it's done for you. My spouse is into "Cricut" so we have the "Cricut Maker" which is a machine which allows you to set up perfectly measured shapes by computer, then cut them out. That's how the template was made. You can choose to cover more, or less, than what I did, but I think my shapes work OK. If you also have access to Cricut, use a round blade for cutting plus the "faux seude" material setting (determines cutting depth) and the "more" (not default) Cricut setting to cut a bit deeper. Those directions are specified on the bottom of the attached template. If you don't have Cricut, cut the shapes out the old-fashioned way using a ruler with sharp scissors or better yet, a razor blade/knife. One caveat: the warning labels I have are in English/French, as required for Canada. For those of you in the States, check out the photos below to see if your label shapes are the same, since I suspect they may be in English only? Perhaps someone can post a photo of the US visor labels or let us know if they're the same size and my template also works for them.

Attached are photos showing the smaller visor warning label before and then after applying its cover. The edge of the covering fabric could be cleaned up (rough edges cut off) to better blend in; it depends how fussy you are but remember this is a close-up photo so it shows great detail and normally you don't notice the edge. Or better yet, find a fabric that exactly matches and so far, Sun Visor Solutions doesn't have that. The more noticeable difference is when the larger warning label is covered up on the other side of each visor. I've attached one photo showing that larger warning label (Canadian version), w/o its cover. I know many will argue none of this is needed but each to his/her own. If you choose to do it, I hope this helps and good luck!

C8 Stingray Visor Cover Template.jpg C8 2LT Visor Small Warning w:o Cover.jpg C8 2LT Small Visor Warning With Cover.jpg C8 Stingray Larger Visor Label.jpg

Ya … Very good on the C8 above.
I did not want to bulk order packaged pre-cut pieces until I know I can get a very good if not exvellent material and color match. Few things are “perfect” but I would hate to offer something C8 owners would have obvious disappoint with. Yes SunVisor Solution is my go-to when putting together a bulk order.
So the wait continues for the day 👍🏻

Hello all. I've now installed my 2020 C8 2LT visor covers from "Sun Visor Solutions", plus done another one for a friend with a 2021 3LT. For those interested:

A. Do-it-yourself:

1. You start by ordering the Fabric Color Chart from Sun Visor Solutions.
2. You use that to try and match the fabric on your C8 visor.
3. You can then order different sizes of material from them (but see below for my suggested size).
4. When the material arrives, you cut it out to fit then peel off the back cover and stick it on to cover your visor warning labels (but see the template attached below).

B. If you want to follow what I did:

5. Order the full 8X10" sheet, rather than any of the smaller size packages.

6. Sun Visor Solutions has no material that perfectly matches the C8 2LT and 3LT trim line fabric, but what they do have is very close and IMO not a readily noticeable difference. The closest I found amongst their swatches was the #4184 "Jet Black" fabric for the 2LT and the #1559 "Black" for the 3LT suede. I didn't try working with the 1LT so I can't suggest a Sun Visor Solutions fabric to you 1LT owners. You'll have to order the Fabric Color Chart to compare and choose your own fabric. Perhaps SN3 will one day figure out an exact match for each trim level of the C8...

7. You then cut out the 4 pieces you need (the same 2 sizes per visor). Attached is a template I prepared, showing the shapes I cut out to fit the visor warning labels. This is the hardest part and it's done for you. My spouse is into "Cricut" so we have the "Cricut Maker" which is a machine which allows you to set up perfectly measured shapes by computer, then cut them out. That's how the template was made. You can choose to cover more, or less, than what I did, but I think my shapes work OK. If you also have access to Cricut, use a round blade for cutting plus the "faux seude" material setting (determines cutting depth) and the "more" (not default) Cricut setting to cut a bit deeper. Those directions are specified on the bottom of the attached template. If you don't have Cricut, cut the shapes out the old-fashioned way using a ruler with sharp scissors or better yet, a razor blade/knife. One caveat: the warning labels I have are in English/French, as required for Canada. For those of you in the States, check out the photos below to see if your label shapes are the same, since I suspect they may be in English only? Perhaps someone can post a photo of the US visor labels or let us know if they're the same size and my template also works for them.

Attached are photos showing the smaller visor warning label before and then after applying its cover. The edge of the covering fabric could be cleaned up (rough edges cut off) to better blend in; it depends how fussy you are but remember this is a close-up photo so it shows great detail and normally you don't notice the edge. Or better yet, find a fabric that exactly matches and so far, Sun Visor Solutions doesn't have that. The more noticeable difference is when the larger warning label is covered up on the other side of each visor. I've attached one photo showing that larger warning label (Canadian version), w/o its cover. I know many will argue none of this is needed but each to his/her own. If you choose to do it, I hope this helps and good luck!

View attachment 83498 View attachment 83499 View attachment 83500 View attachment 83501
I just remove the warning labels. A bit tedious, but, if you take your time they come off nicely
Misunderstood the question - or, at least, the implication - happens when old and senile. I was just making a comment not knowing the implication; which is great to know because if I order a C8 it would be much easier to cover the labels the way you suggest. It was a heck of a job removing them I can tell you that. Have a great day!! :Cheers2:
Yes, you are probably right.:Cheers2:

I just remove the warning labels. A bit tedious, but, if you take your time they come off nicely

:Cheers2:
No idea about the C7, but the C8 labels do not come off easy at all. In fact even the best I've seen makes the cloth look very rough where the label was.

No idea about the C7, but the C8 labels do not come off easy at all. In fact even the best I've seen makes the cloth look very rough where the label was.
Damn. Came off easy on all three of my other corvettes. I'll have to ask my detailer his opinion when, and if, I get my 2022 before I die - LOL.

Damn. Came off easy on all three of my other corvettes. I'll have to ask my detailer his opinion when, and if, I get my 2022 before I die - LOL.
Let us know what he says, if you ever get your C8 ;)
Perhaps there is a glue dissolver that one can work along the edge as it's peeled off.

Many thanks to @netinsah for his detailed explanation above and in order to pay it forward, if anyone is looking for the fabric colour chart from SunVisor Solutions lmk and I’ll throw it in an envelope and mail it out.

Mavrik

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread