Winter tires on soon flyboy - LOL!! Raining here big time next full week - driving my SUV.
Yep. My studded Nokian Hakkeppelittas are waiting in my garage....... They're fitted to wheels that look identical to my stock wheels with the exception of the fact that they're 19" all around, instead of 20" in the rear, and they didn't come with a Corvette logo on them, so I just bought some decals on ebay...... Oddly enough it's been warmer out here than it has been there. 18C etc............. hee hee............ We're winning for now.............but you'll pull ahead pretty quick....

Yep. My studded Nokian Hakkeppelittas are waiting in my garage....... They're fitted to wheels that look identical to my stock wheels with the exception of the fact that they're 19" all around, instead of 20" in the rear, and they didn't come with a Corvette logo on them, so I just bought some decals on ebay...... Oddly enough it's been warmer out here than it has been there. 18C etc............. hee hee............ We're winning for now.............but you'll pull ahead pretty quick....
U R probably the only one that drives a vette during the winter - real winter - not rainy winter like here - however, last 2 here have been brutal for Vancouver.

Reactions: flyboy999
Yep probably. It is worth noting when they develop these types of vehicles, including the C7, that they perform extensive winter testing on them, typically in Europe. The cars are in fact designed to be driven all year round, and you would be surprised just how capable the car is on snow and ice when the right tires are fitted. It is so good that I re-positioned my Subaru WRX STi to Lions Bay for winter use and just have the Vette here in SK now (along with my wife's Toyota FJ just in case ;) ). The Viper is NOT as capable as the Vette hahaha.... Quite honestly, the performance between the STi and the Vette in wicked winter conditions is so close to equal that you wouldn't believe it. My snow tires for the Vette also have a little extra side wall to provide additional clearance.........the car is brilliant, particularly with the A8, which as you know shifts so incredibly quick and keeps the car at about 2000rpm right in the traction zone......love it!!!

This photo GIF from the article is actually of great comparison help. :thumbs:
I am warmer to having one C7 and one C8 now
however I am definitely not going to be in the front of the line
for 2-3 years while other consumers' money is testing the C8s out.
C7vsC8.gif

I have to keep one with the engine in the front :joyful:
... have to derail for a bit ...
I have flashbacks of helping my Sister to buy her first New Car - a GM Cavalier Z24.
The Salesperson mentioned quite a bit about how the motor mounts were designed with her safety in mind - that when she has a front end collision the motor will just drop and then she'll just run over it. I laughed so hard with that on the Dealership Sales Floor. He really thought his comment was helping my Sister's decision.
So fast-forward, this may mean that the C8 is to be considered much more safe than C-Gens before it ...
as we don't have to run over the motor now, it will just magically drop out the back. :Woot:
... OK sorry ... back to our regularly scheduled program :happy:

Last edited:
for 2-3 years with other consumers' money is testing the C8s out.
View attachment 19969
I have flashbacks of helping my Sister to buy her first New Car - a GM Cavalier Z24.
The Salesperson mentioned quite a bit about how the motor mounts were designed with her safety in mind - that when you have a front end collision the motor will just drop and you will run over it. I laughed so hard on the Dealership Floor with that selling tactic. He really thought he had my Sister thinking the comment was helping her decision. So fast-forward, I guess the C8 will now be considered much more safe than the C-Gens before it ... as we don't have to run over the motor now, it just drops out the back ...
OK back to our regularly scheduled program :happy:
No time for me to wait 2 or 3 years - not getting any younger - we shall see - on top of list to order.

No time for me to wait 2 or 3 years - not getting any younger - we shall see - on top of list to order.
I am equally and absolutely good with your decision to top the order list ... and good reason.
I do look forward to hearing all about your C8 acquisition.
My "life's short" list has Corvette checked off :thumbs: (and I didn't think of Corvette #2 and so on ...:Banghead: )

I am equally and absolutely good with your decision to top the order list ... and good reason.
I do look forward to hearing all about your C8 acquisition.
My "life's short" list has Corvette checked off :thumbs: (and I didn't think of Corvette #2 and so on ...:Banghead: )
Thank you for that!!

It's the same old story....when I purchased my Z06 with 07 package and $32K of options it was THE top dog....for about a year and then the ZR1 was released....always something better on the horizon...they keep us chasing.....if you don't take it too seriously kinda fun....

for 2-3 years while other consumers' money is testing the C8s out.
View attachment 19969
The Salesperson mentioned quite a bit about how the motor mounts were designed with her safety in mind - that when she has a front end collision the motor will just drop and then she'll just run over it. I laughed so hard with that on the Dealership Sales Floor. He really thought his comment was helping my Sister's decision.
So fast-forward, this may mean that the C8 is to be considered much more safe than C-Gens before it ...
as we don't have to run over the motor now, it will just magically drop out the back. :Woot:
... OK sorry ... back to our regularly scheduled program :happy:
Great story on the salesman and running over the engine. My salesman three ywars ago told me that once I was moving and put my M7 in neutral, I could shift with the paddles without using the clutch. I was mean and never told him the difference... lol...

Great story on the salesman and running over the engine. My salesman three ywars ago told me that once I was moving and put my M7 in neutral, I could shift with the paddles without using the clutch. I was mean and never told him the difference... lol...
It's always entertaining to share these episodes after the fact and find its enjoyment factor ... frustrating as hell when one is in the nitty-gritty of the purchase process and getting to "trust" the person who may sometimes come across as merely collecting commission (which often is noticed with whether 15 minutes is taken with you or an hour for the delivery orientation). Great story as well Eric :Smuggrin:

I take note of salesperson delivery time with me in order to judge who best to send my referrals to. This is because if the time isn't spent at delivery, my referral just asks me a lot of questions after (which I really don't mind too much other than to minimize this need as much as I can).

Last edited:
I think this is one of the areas that differentiates the true "exotic" sports cars from our Corvette. For example, my wife and I made a trip over to Lamborghini of Vancouver last month, as I've been toying with the idea of a Murcielago. The salesman could have told you how much each bolt on that car weighed, or the Huracan, or the Gallardo, or the Aventador, etc........... vs. the Corvette salesman who is selling a Silverado one minute, and a high performance sports car the next, and knows full well that it might be the last time he ever sees you. There seems to be no interest in developing a relationship with the customer, or a similar level of interest in the product they are selling. The level of product knowledge with respect to these cars, and a car like my Viper, is absolutely pathetic. It doesn't provide you with a whole lot of confidence when the guy selling you the car has no clue, and you're left to wonder whether or not anyone else at the dealership does either (read mechanics)??? So, as the C8 approaches, I wonder if these guys are going to notice the engine isn't in the front anymore.....hahahahaha............ If anyone is interested, check this out: What your Lamborghini Salesperson should have told you when buying a Huracán!
Now, I wish GM would spend the time to train its sales staff to this level of product knowledge and professionalism in advance of the C8's release. It would make the buying experience, and handing over $150K+ for a car much more satisfying.

I think this is one of the areas that differentiates the true "exotic" sports cars from our Corvette. For example, my wife and I made a trip over to Lamborghini of Vancouver last month, as I've been toying with the idea of a Murcielago. The salesman could have told you how much each bolt on that car weighed, or the Huracan, or the Gallardo, or the Aventador, etc........... vs. the Corvette salesman who is selling a Silverado one minute, and a high performance sports car the next, and knows full well that it might be the last time he ever sees you. There seems to be no interest in developing a relationship with the customer, or a similar level of interest in the product they are selling. The level of product knowledge with respect to these cars, and a car like my Viper, is absolutely pathetic. It doesn't provide you with a whole lot of confidence when the guy selling you the car has no clue, and you're left to wonder whether or not anyone else at the dealership does either (read mechanics)??? So, as the C8 approaches, I wonder if these guys are going to notice the engine isn't in the front anymore.....hahahahaha............ If anyone is interested, check this out: What your Lamborghini Salesperson should have told you when buying a Huracán!
Now, I wish GM would spend the time to train its sales staff to this level of product knowledge and professionalism in advance of the C8's release. It would make the buying experience, and handing over $150K+ for a car much more satisfying.
You summed up my frustration when I bought my car.

Reactions: flyboy999
Very frustrating right? You're not alone JCWP. Most of us have worked hard for our cash, and handing it over for the purchase of a "toy" isn't always the easiest thing to do (particularly if the wife isn't on board ;) ) It's made that much harder when the person selling you the toy hasn't even bothered to invest the time to make themselves knowledgeable about the product........ It feels like, "Just give me your money, and go figure this thing out for yourself, because I can't be bothered." I'm really hoping that you are able to get your hands on one of these C8 machines, and that the purchase experience is better....but you and I both know the likelihood of that........ ;)

Excellent point(s) @flyboy999 that I also find prevalent and hopeful.
I have got to know a few GM Salespeople personally in my years. I have found a difference where
exotic sales appears to be attainable as a career with passion. The North American Big 3 Dealerships appear to have a different environment whereas one may desire to "specialize" only to be challenged for the same
Customer with the same Product by someone who appears to only want commission by
Management who only push mass selling and with better "smoke & mirrors" for pricing.
This actually can work well for many of us who know quite a bit about the product that we are buying.

Most recently however, I found my effort has been greater in getting hands-on knowledge of the C7 ZR1
than what I have experienced by Sales in every Calgary Dealership. I get the YYSSW feeling of
being judged before taken seriously ... so my effort toward actually committing to the ZR1 has been
simmered by poor selling strategy. On the other hand, Maserati at the Calgary Auto Show, opened the
ropes and had my Wife sitting in a SUV based solely on a double-take at the vehicle as she walked by.
Taking her as seriously interested before asking if she was even in the market for it. (I was worried) ...
... in the meantime GM didn't even bring the Eastern Show's ZR1 out West ...
Anyways I love this Forum for this type of chat ... Cheers :thumbs:

Last edited:
Excellent point(s) @flyboy999 that I also find prevalent and hopeful.
I have got to know a few GM Salespeople personally in my years. I have found a difference where
exotic sales appears to be attainable as a career with passion. The North American Big 3 Dealerships appear to
have a different environment whereas one may desire to "specialize" only to be challenged for the same
Customer with the same Product by someone who appears to only want commission by
Management who only push mass selling and with a better "smoke & mirrors" of pricing.
This works for many of us who know quite a bit about the product that we are buying.
Most recently however, I found my effort has been greater in getting hands-on knowledge of the C7 ZR1
than what I have experienced by Sales in every Calgary Dealership. I get the YYSSW feeling of
being judged before taken seriously ... so my effort toward actually committing to the ZR1 has been
simmered by poor selling strategy. On the other hand, Maserati at the Calgary Auto Show, opened the
ropes and had my Wife sitting in a SUV based solely on a double-take at the vehicle as she walked by.
Taking her seriously interested before asking if she was even in the market for it. (I was worried) ...
Anyways I love this Forum for this type of chat ... Cheers :thumbs:

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. My feeling is, if GM wants to seriously dip their toes into the "exotic car" arena with the C8, they need to similarly step up the level at which the vehicle is being sold. I realize I'm making the assumption that is what they are attempting to accomplish with the C8. They want to run with the big dogs: Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren........etc...... There is no doubt in my mind that they can do it in terms of performance, but when it comes to overall product satisfaction, I fear they are going to fall short. In my mind, when you purchase an "exotic" sport car, you are not only buying the product, but you are "buying into the brand." You buy the hats, T-shirts, and make plans to attend the racing events where your "brand" is competing. This "buying into the brand" starts right at the first moment you encounter a salesperson offering the product, and continues throughout the duration of your ownership with trips to the service department, etc. We all know how difficult it is to erase a "first impression"..... I'm really hoping our "first impression" of the C8 is better than it has been for the ZR1 and those that have come before it.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread