Another 'Yeah. Maybe' to add to the already huge list.... If this one is assumed correct, I guess we won't be expecting C8's in October... and certainly not at the expected price point of some of the membership.......

Reactions: Zora
CorvetteBlogger is an excellent source of lots of Corvetteinformation, sometimes takes a position on certain “new information.” Interesting that on this one, he just raises questions, does not take a position on the comment by a poster NiceRide that he is a supplier and that they were notified of the December, 2019 start of C8 production. However, I do love the very last sentence in CB’s article...

CorvetteBlogger said:
So take this rumor with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila) and let’s check back in a few months to see if it came to fruition.

Another 'Yeah. Maybe' to add to the already huge list.... If this one is assumed correct, I guess we won't be expecting C8's in October... and certainly not at the expected price point of some of the membership.......
Actually, if the price point is way off traditional pricing this car will not sell in the volume expected. I certainly will not be buying the stingray if it is much over $100K with all the options I would want. I paid $86K for mine -well optioned: AT, red brake calipers, MRC, carbon fiber trim, 2LT ( I hate alcantra), sport exhaust, nav., vert etc. So I would want the same in the ME - not sure I want a vert again?

As you paid $86K for yours, assuming it was not a recent year, heavily dealer discounted from MSRP price you paid, and as you seem to not want the ME’s HT convertible option (and you paid either $4,000 or $5,000 for your soft top convertible), start smiling right now.

However, we strongly suspect new options would become available on the C8, such as a roughly $1,500-1,800 front axle lift system, so if you start to check new several options boxes, you could self-select there not being a ME from your self posted “not much over $100K” C8 budget.

I suspect you will have discipline, and not choosing too many new options, and consequently there would be a ME coupe in your garage!

Reactions: ddgermann
As you paid $86K for yours, assuming it was not a recent year, heavily dealer discounted from MSRP price you paid, and as you seem to not want the ME’s HT convertible option (and you paid either $4,000 or $5,000 for your soft top convertible), start smiling right now.

However, we strongly suspect new options would become available on the C8, such as a roughly $1,500-1,800 front axle lift system, so if you start to check new several options boxes, you could self-select there not being a ME from your self posted “not much over $100K” C8 budget.

I suspect you will have discipline, and not choosing too many new options, and consequently there would be a ME coupe in your garage!
Don't need a lot of stuff: don't track - interested in handling and safety options - eg. MRC & blind spot recognition etc, AT...................

i believe, but this is not yet confirmed, yet is consistent with both GM’s stated increased level of safety standards in its vehicles and at least for all U.S. vehicles, that all non HD trucks sold after Sept 1, 2022 will be required by Federal rules to have automatic emergency braking.

However, before then, IMO, BSP could be a standard component of the entry 2020 ME. It might well be accompanied by back-up warning protection — again as standard equipment. Tadge commented around 2016 that he would have like to included BSP in the C7, but with its rear corner heat exchangers, there was not physical room for mid-generation BSP upgrade. As to when we might see, rear cross traffic alert and lane department warning system, many of the GM’s vehicles in the $30,000 price range (USD) already have them.

Reactions: ddgermann
Speculation, speculation in regards to when the C8 will make it's debut. I was told by a Toronto Chevy dealer not to expect to see it till 2020. I would assume he would know ,as most car salesmen know it all. (LOL)
Not! Most do not know their product that well at all - most cannot be trusted - concerned with a sale - no thoughts about tomorrow and customer loyalty etc.I absolutely hate dealing with car salesmen.

Speculation, speculation in regards to when the C8 will make it's debut. I was told by a Toronto Chevy dealer not to expect to see it till 2020. I would assume he would know ,as most car salesmen know it all. (LOL)

LOL..@ car sales personnel...

... I am certainly not in any C8 information loop but from the chatter I've witnessed from 2017 until now, it's fairly obvious that the only people who really know what they are talking about aren't talking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread