Sep 4, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Audi S5
Province
ON
Hey guys first of all I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new user here I've been on the forum a few times in the past just reading through past posts. I was wondering if someone can walk me through or tell me if contacting bill spence/other dealerships directly here for information is the best way to get information regarding putting my name down for a pre order. Also are they doing refundable deposits or anything.

Thanks,

Give Julian a call at Bill Spencer and he can discuss with you how the ordering process works. Of all dealers in Ontario I truly feel you'd have the best chance receiving a car from them.

At the moment you'll be placed on a list and I'm sure your deposit would be refundable.

The great thing about Bill Spencer is that they sell more Corvettes than any other dealer in Canada and are family run and very transparent. Want to know where you are on the list, text Julian. Can't say enough good things about them...I've now bought two vehicles from them and referred loads of colleagues and family.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
Give Julian a call at Bill Spencer and he can discuss with you how the ordering process works. Of all dealers in Ontario I truly feel you'd have the best chance receiving a car from them.

At the moment you'll be placed on a list and I'm sure your deposit would be refundable.

The great thing about Bill Spencer is that they sell more Corvettes than any other dealer in Canada and are family run and very transparent. Want to know where you are on the list, text Julian. Can't say enough good things about them...I've now bought two vehicles from them and referred loads of colleagues and family.
I thought Cullen was the number 1 Corvette dealer??

Awesome thanks for the information! I'll give the dealership a call this week from reading on this forum Wilson Neblitt and Bill Spence seem to be the go to volume ones. So I was gonna give em both a call and try and see which one to go with. Is Julian on this forum by any chance?

I thought Cullen was the number 1 Corvette dealer??
The 3 dealers battle it out each year. That's Brian Cullen, Wilson Niblett and Spencers. If you are in or near St Catherines, I'd talk to Cullen. If in North York area, W/N if east with Spencers.
I bought mine from Cullen and I had a good experience, but so have others from the other 2. To me, though, Spencers seems to be more informative, but they are all represented here.

• Agree
The 3 dealers battle it out each year. That's Brian Cullen, Wilson Niblett and Spencers. If you are in or near St Catherines, I'd talk to Cullen. If in North York area, W/N if east with Spencers.
I bought mine from Cullen and I had a good experience, but so have others from the other 2. To me, though, Spencers seems to be more informative, but they are all represented here.
Watch which Cullen. There is Brian in St. Catharines , Ray in London, Barry in Guelph. Big Chevy family lol

Don't know why people want to go to big dealerships? I went local. They only had 3 allocations and I had no problem getting my 2020 in less than a year. I find local people actually try harder to please. I did try a bit bigger dealership and they didn't seem to interested in getting me a Corvette at all. So left and went to a smaller one. They were very helpful and took me seriously. I figure an allocation is an allocation. Whether it's 30 or 3. If they have an allocation you should have no problem getting a car.

Reactions: Blu427
Appreciate the info man yeah I I'm closer to Wilson Niblett I live closer to Vaughn but wouldn't mind having to travel a bit further either.
All three will give you an honest answer about your expected timeline. Last I heard all three were almost full for 2022's.

To increase your odds of getting a C8, it's best to put your name on multiple lists. The downside is tying up your dough with multiple deposits. But they're refundable until actually placing the order. And you may be able to negotiate a lower deposit amount...one way that may work is to mention someone having recommended the dealership (especially a member of a local Corvette Club; if you know anyone who belongs; that worked for me)...or mention you're at their dealership since you're a member of these Forums, especially for Bill Spencer or Wilson-Niblett who are sponsors on these Forums and no doubt will appreciate the good PR you'll give them after your smooth purchase transaction. Many people get on multiple lists and after they get an allocation, drop off a list which moves others up, so don't be overly discouraged when you're quite far down on a list with a large-volume dealer. Good luck!

I tried local. They never returned my call and when I did get a hold of them I would be 30th on their list for an expected 3 allocations. Try, sure, but don't gamble.

Same here. I contacted Lindsay and Peterborough. I had bought an ATS from Magee in Peterborough a few years prior...Neither returned my call.

Awesome thanks for the information! I'll give the dealership a call this week from reading on this forum Wilson Neblitt and Bill Spence seem to be the go to volume ones. So I was gonna give em both a call and try and see which one to go with. Is Julian on this forum by any chance?
I bought my C7 from Wilson Niblett and would highly recommend them...very honest & professional.

I tried local. They never returned my call and when I did get a hold of them I would be 30th on their list for an expected 3 allocations. Try, sure, but don't gamble.
I guess there are good and bad sales people at every dealership. The bigger one I tried ws horrible. The smaller one I did order from were great. It's the same in every industry.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Hey guys first of all I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new user here I've been on the forum a few times in the past just reading through past posts. I was wondering if someone can walk me through or tell me if contacting bill spence/other dealerships directly here for information is the best way to get information regarding putting my name down for a pre order. Also are they doing refundable deposits or anything.

Thanks,
I ordered mine July 28

I too am new to the forum and am enjoying the content thus far! I put a deposit down on a C8 for my wife in August of this year with Jeff Easton at Brian Cullens in St Catherines. After trying to deal with my local dealers in the extreme Ontario South, I found myself discouraged with the lack of allocations that they had and the huge amounts of people on their list. To be #40 on a list of 2 per year was not acceptable. Luckily they were honest with me on their list. Dealing with the Big City Dealers, I found Jeff was the one who actually took the time to educate me on a process that I had no clue about. I hope that many placed deposits with several Dealers and I move up the ladder quickly. Looking forward to our first Corvette in in what looks like 2023!

I too am new to the forum and am enjoying the content thus far! I put a deposit down on a C8 for my wife in August of this year with Jeff Easton at Brian Cullens in St Catherines. After trying to deal with my local dealers in the extreme Ontario South, I found myself discouraged with the lack of allocations that they had and the huge amounts of people on their list. To be #40 on a list of 2 per year was not acceptable. Luckily they were honest with me on their list. Dealing with the Big City Dealers, I found Jeff was the one who actually took the time to educate me on a process that I had no clue about. I hope that many placed deposits with several Dealers and I move up the ladder quickly. Looking forward to our first Corvette in in what looks like 2023!
Welcome! I dropped down their list for my 2020. Many dropped out for many reasons before Covid. I know it's a long list but let's hope it's less than a year for you.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Just to provide an update I called wilson niblett last friday and went in on Saturday. My sales reps name was Kieran and he honestly was awesome. Put a deposit down for the C8. My allocation is set for 2024 I was kinda hoping for 2023 though.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Just to provide an update I called wilson niblett last friday and went in on Saturday. My sales reps name was Kieran and he honestly was awesome. Put a deposit down for the C8. My allocation is set for 2024 I was kinda hoping for 2023 though.
It all depends on when MY2023 is set to begin. I believe the Corvettes used to start in July. I'm not a Corvette expert, but I think that is what I heard. If W/N expects about 100 this MY then you might get a 2023. Did you ask what number you are on their list?

• Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.