Credit to John Gibson for his Facebook posting about an encounter he had with a pair of motorcyclists, who claimed he was driving left of centre and was responsible for one of the motorcycle's front foot peg striking and damaging John's C8. The PDR recorded everything and proved their story false. Looking at the video and having driven motorcycles for over 10 years, I'm surprised the lead bike was so far out and on the centre line around a curve, when experienced bikers would have taken the curve on the inside. Perhaps he was trying to stagger himself with the bike behind him? Oh well, the best thing about this story is that the biker who hit the C8, didn't lose control and crash going (likely) highway speed, which could easily have been deadly. He fortunately hit the soft molding on the side of the C8 and kept going. John was driving close to the centre line as well, but the bike was clearly over it and on the wrong side of the road. I thought people would find this interesting. Kudos to the C8's PDR.

Last edited:
Credit to John Gibson for his Facebook posting about an encounter he had with a pair of motorcyclists, who claimed he was driving left of centre and was responsible for one of the motorcycle's front foot peg striking and damaging John's C8. The PDR recorded everything and proved their story false. Looking at the video and having driven motorcycles for over 10 years, I'm surprised the lead bike was so far out and on the centre line around a curve, when experienced bikers would have taken the curve on the inside. Perhaps he was trying to stagger himself with the bike behind him? Oh well, the best thing about this story is that the biker who hit the C8, didn't lose control and crash going (likely) highway speed, which could easily have been deadly. He fortunately hit the soft molding on the side of the C8 and kept going. John was driving close to the centre line as well, but the bike was clearly over it and on the wrong side of the road. I thought people would find this interesting. Kudos to the C8's PDR.

Hi , Iv seen this being done by other bikers riding the line , I was driving on 22x going north and a motor cycles was riding the line and I moved over to the right to avoid having accident , not the 1st time either , beware .

Hi , Iv seen this being done by other bikers riding the line , I was driving on 22x going north and a motor cycles was riding the line and I moved over to the right to avoid having accident , not the 1st time either , beware .

He was probably texting.... lol....
Seriously though, that's not uncommon. Not sure what is is with some of them..And it doesn't seem to matter whether it's on a corner or not... Not like you're invincible on a bike..

I bet you my last dollar he was riding a Harley, they are famous for riding way too far in the middle of the road, they figure everyone will move I guess

So does the PDR just record every time the vehicle is driving and stores a certain length of time or what?
You have to turn on the PDR in a C7. There's an SD card slot for it in the glove box. Records about 750 minutes on a 32 gig card. Have no idea how it works on a C8

I drive with my PDR on all the time. It's like second nature, turn on the car, turn on the PDR. You never know when things will go bad and a picture, in this case, video, is worth a thousand words.

I also have a dash cam looking back in my rear window. Ya just never know.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
An example of poor vehicle operation (in this case motorbike operation)
when at higher speed for entering and exiting an inside turn on a two-way road …
See sooooo many trailering operators do this when they
over-compensate for not shouldering their vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread