West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
1574180239889.png

Reactions: BDK and Bixter44
I don’t like the awarding of the accolades of Car of the Year when it is not even rolling off retail assembly and is not in the showrooms for us yet. Dont like it one bit. Not in disagreement as the 2019 GMC Sierra is an awesome truck ... but not until I was able to test it, buy it and drive away in it. Just saying ...

Last edited:
I don’t like the awarding of the accolades of Car of the Year when it is not even rolling off retail assembly and is not in the showrooms for us yet. Dont like it one bit. Not in disagreement as the 2019 GMC Sierra is an awesome truck ... but not until I was able to test it, buy it and drive away in it. Just saying ...
To each his own. Did you read my post with Jay Leno and the head engineer - excellent review of the engineering.:vc:vc:vc Just saying ..... come on man - relax:Cheers2::Cheers2:

To each his own. Did you read my post with Jay Leno and the head engineer - excellent review of the engineering.:vc:vc:vc Just saying ..... come on man - relax:Cheers2::Cheers2:
I did say ... I didn’t disagree with the Motor Trend perception ... not a big fan of Jay ever since I saw him slam the hatch of a C7 down. I will watch the video and I’m not relaxing until I put on my white gloves and then check your C8 out next Summer 😂👍🏻

Last edited:
I agree.

Shouldn’t be awarding “car of the year” when the production models aren’t even on the street.

For all they know, chevy slipped them a bunch of ringers as test cars (wouldn't be the first time and gm has a lot riding on this launch) and the production car, while still might be a monster, might not live up to the test cars.

It may very well be deserving of “car of the year”, but awarding that before getting some miles on a production car is like reviewing a restaurant as “the best place in town” when you haven’t even tasted the food yet...

Last edited:
I did say ... I didn’t disagree with the Motor Trend perception ... not a big fan of Jay ever since I saw him slam the hatch of a C7 down. I will watch the video and I’m not relaxing until I put my white gloves and then check your C8 out next Summer 😂👍🏻
You is on man - :Cheers2: :Cheers2: :Cheers2: - a triple. Tourmax: they did drive the car; but, not sure it was a production model - not sure as they had complaints - then drove the real one and took it all back - something like that.

You know what would be funny? If the 2020 vette doesn’t roll off the line closer to 2020 year end (or, gawd forbid, early 2021) and it keeps the “car of the year 2020” title.

Won’t happen, but it sure woukd be an odd postion for MT to be in.

Of course, that woukd REALLY suck for thise that have orders in already...

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
You know what would be funny? If the 2020 vette doesn’t roll off the line closer to 2020 year end (or, gawd forbid, early 2021) and it keeps the “car of the year 2020” title.

No! Not! You must start thinking pleasant thoughts - positive energy is what is required....................... :devil: :devil:

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
Don't forget Edsel was car of the year, also that other Chevy that Ralph Nader knew nothing about.

You may not be too far off Tourmax. I spoke to a dealer two days ago (yes... a totally unreliable source), that crystal balled the C8 not showing up in Canada until at least mid, if not late summer. He said GM won't even begin production until February at the minimum and It takes 10 weeks to make a C8 (contrary to Tadge telling Leno that they can make a car in 5 minutes.... LMAO).... That has the first production car coming off the line no sooner than April, ; and if history repeats itself, Canada's allocation of maybe 300 or so total cars isn't going to get anything even close to the first 10,000 cars built so call it mid June or so for Cdn buyers event 3800, 2 months from there brings delivery in mid August.... Just in time for a quick ride and an oil change before putting on the battery tender.....
Again... This is pure conjecture (much like we've heard for the past 3 years), and I really hope for the guys that have deposits on and expect a car in 2020, that it's much sooner than that.

1574312021242.png

You may not be too far off Tourmax. I spoke to a dealer two days ago (yes... a totally unreliable source), that crystal balled the C8 not showing up in Canada until at least mid, if not late summer. He said GM won't even begin production until February at the minimum and It takes 10 weeks to make a C8 (contrary to Tadge telling Leno that they can make a car in 5 minutes.... LMAO).... That has the first production car coming off the line no sooner than April, ; and if history repeats itself, Canada's allocation of maybe 300 or so total cars isn't going to get anything even close to the first 10,000 cars built so call it mid June or so for Cdn buyers event 3800, 2 months from there brings delivery in mid August.... Just in time for a quick ride and an oil change before putting on the battery tender.....
Again... This is pure conjecture (much like we've heard for the past 3 years), and I really hope for the guys that have deposits on and expect a car in 2020, that it's much sooner than that.

View attachment 33640
Geez, thank you for that optimistic revelation - I feel better already - LOL. :Banghead::Banghead:

I did say ... I didn’t disagree with the Motor Trend perception ... not a big fan of Jay ever since I saw him slam the hatch of a C7 down. I will watch the video and I’m not relaxing until I put on my white gloves and then check your C8 out next Summer 😂👍🏻
And don't forget about me James. I will be there with a brand new pair of Mechanix gloves invading your C8's privates. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread