Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
Im pretty keen on seeing the C8 in person. Those numbers aren't scary, just depends if the car lives up to the hype..... and I hope with a bit nicer interior trim. I would still be inclined to purchase a year 2 production C8 which should have some potential first year glitches worked out.

• Agree
Reactions: Zora and ddgermann
I think you guys should have a listen to this.
hqdefault.jpg
Although I found this guy pretty annoying, and as with most YouTubers he spent an inordinate amount of time getting to the point, his source, a big dealer in Michigan, who apparently has very close ties to GM, has provided information regarding the C8, and in particular, the cost of the various models that is NOT consistent with Bob Lutz's predictions. I would hold off putting all your eggs into the "Lutz Basket". Lutz is the same guy who tried to sell us a tarted up Viper for $300,000 U.S. (VLF Force 1) and predicted that Tesla was going to be history................... Bob helped create the Viper.......great. But since 1992..........uh.............let's just say Bob likes to talk a lot.................

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well that was 24.55 life minutes that I will never get back. lol...
I'm not crawling into C8 bed with any of the seers. This guy, as you mentioned @flyboy999 , is annoying as hell, and really not saying anything we haven't heard already. The $120k (US) entry model price is certainly higher than the hints we've been getting from the regular C8 pundits that are hovering around, but it could also be a lot closer to fact. If that is the case, and on the one-in-a-million chance that he is right about the $120k/$135k and the $155 - 160k price for the ZR1, that pretty much equals a castastrophe for GM. If I can afford $120K, there's no way on GGE that I won't drive my sweet C7 for a year or two more and save up the other $ 15k for the upgrade or the $35k+/- spread for the ZR1. I can't see sales figures of the base C8 even breaking even for GM if there's a bigger, better, faster penis enhancer a year away for a pittance more. But....And that's a big but.... He does contradict himself a bit.... Once he told us the price prediction, he then went off later on supercar comparison with the 720S and mentioned the C8 ZR1 could be had for $40k less... Simce the 720S base is over $300k, that shoots his $135 - $140k for the ZR1 all to pieces unless there has been some new breakthrough in basic mathematics that I haven't heard of yet..
Anyhows. that's my take and I've been out to lunch before so don't take this to the bank, or the farm, or wherever you store your disposable cash. JMO.

Last edited:
Im pretty keen on seeing the C8 in person. Those numbers aren't scary, just depends if the car lives up to the hype..... and I hope with a bit nicer interior trim. I would still be inclined to purchase a year 2 production C8 which should have some potential first year glitches worked out.
I wish it was AWD as well and included some of the other safety hwy features that are available on other cars; especially with the visibility issues it will have.

It totally agree with the sentiment that, if the C8 is priced too high, GM is going to be in trouble. The C7 is just so good, and every time I walk away from the car I gaze back lovingly at it, and say, "Damn that thing looks awesome....". It's such a good car, that it will be hard to beat, and hard to justify shelling out $40K etc. more for a base model.... Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time believing that the C8 will be less than $100K in Canada. I hope I'm wrong...... We'll see ;)

It totally agree with the sentiment that, if the C8 is priced too high, GM is going to be in trouble. The C7 is just so good, and every time I walk away from the car I gaze back lovingly at it, and say, "Damn that thing looks awesome....". It's such a good car, that it will be hard to beat, and hard to justify shelling out $40K etc. more for a base model.... Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time believing that the C8 will be less than $100K in Canada. I hope I'm wrong...... We'll see ;)
I hope U R wrong too - LOL. Hey, BTW Merry Christmas!!!!

Reactions: flyboy999
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.