Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Started a new thread on this since the other got nasty.
This is a cool table on lowering your C8. Any changes let me know.
Courtesy of Tim0shel on Midengine forum

1632337397875.png

Has anyone here gone through the process & lowered a Z51 w/ front lift & mag ride? Would this affect the warranty at all, particularly with the front lift ?
GM made it so one can lower the car with Z51 and mag ride etc. So, no it won't affect your warranty.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27 and jimmyb
Thanks Murray.

I’m having a real hard time deciding what to do with wheels… I know I’ll be changing them, but can’t figure out what route to go…. I’m pretty set on Vossen HF5s (I really like the white car on black wheels look) but the overall cost of everything is starting to weigh on me, I didn’t hold back on anything with my order & still have to get the PPF, ceramic coating & tinting done, so have to think about budget now :(

My options are:

1) Lower & powder coat stock wheels: $1600
2) Lower & swap stock wheels, keep tires: $4,500
3) Keep factory height & go with 20/21 setup: $7500

Also found out I just went to 3000 yesterday (I had a Sept allocation with Spencer) & am hearing in the other forums that TPWs are going faster than normal, so if I am getting new wheels I want to line everything up for when the car is delivered.

Reactions: pozi240 and MY21C8
Thanks Murray.

I’m having a real hard time deciding what to do with wheels… I know I’ll be changing them, but can’t figure out what route to go…. I’m pretty set on Vossen HF5s (I really like the white car on black wheels look) but the overall cost of everything is starting to weigh on me, I didn’t hold back on anything with my order & still have to get the PPF, ceramic coating & tinting done, so have to think about budget now :(

My options are:

Also found out I just went to 3000 yesterday (I had a Sept allocation with Spencer) & am hearing in the other forums that TPWs are going faster than normal, so if I am getting new wheels I want to line everything up for when the car is delivered.
Good luck with your wheel dilemma. Wish I could help. 😂😂
DEB0420C-FA8B-4935-A7CD-7A94876F0E04.jpeg

Thanks Murray.

My options are:

If you like Aerolarri wheel designs you could save alot of money

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Thanks Murray.

My options are:

I like the stock looking wheels, but many don't like the offset. So I bought the carbon flash wheels. If you like the look of the stock wheels, then I'd go with option 1.
However, I do like the look of some of the aftermarket wheels so if you want to go aftermarket I'd choose option 2.
Option 3 IMO doesn't return value.

Gilles27,
How much cheaper are the Aerolarri wheels? Is there a Canadian Distributer?
$1800 usd for fully forged wheels, only real drawback I see is a 3 month delivery but if done over winter I see no issues. All purchases are done direct with Aerolarri

Reactions: pozi240
Thanks Murray.

My options are:

Too bad you were not closer to Ottawa, I do PPF/Ceramic coating/paint corrections on the side (used to do it professionally in a previous life... LOL). For friends and family in our local car clubs, I don't normally charge much more than my cost of materials, since its not a business for me, but a passion and a hobby now. (I do use the same tools and products as the pro's though, since I have an account with the suppliers I've maintained over the years).

Too bad you were not closer to Ottawa, I do PPF/Ceramic coating/paint corrections on the side (used to do it professionally in a previous life... LOL). For friends and family in our local car clubs, I don't normally charge much more than my cost of materials, since its not a business for me, but a passion and a hobby now. (I do use the same tools and products as the pro's though, since I have an account with the suppliers I've maintained over the years).
Thanks for the kind offer. Right now I’m leaning to doing that through the dealer, but may do it at another shop if I can do the wheels/lowering/coating all at one place & work out a better deal.

Based on the feedback I’ve ruled out the 20/21 setup, just not worth the money.

Reactions: DAL and pozi240
Out of curiosity, of those who have a fully adjustable suspension, how many have actually lowered the ride height, and by how much? I'm talking for daily driving, not the track. I'm ordering mine with mag-ride and no front lift, so I'd like to know if lowering the car is something people do without too much trouble on speed bumps, etc.

Out of curiosity, of those who have a fully adjustable suspension, how many have actually lowered the ride height, and by how much? I'm talking for daily driving, not the track. I'm ordering mine with mag-ride and no front lift, so I'd like to know if lowering the car is something people do without too much trouble on speed bumps, etc.
I have not done this yet, but plan on doing so for track use. I traded my C7 Grand Sport against my C8 order (placed in August and TPW was this week so may see the car in a couple of weeks!). When I handed over the trade car early to Spencer, Sean Lawlor's (Sales Manager) C8 was there and I parked the C7 next to it. There was more than 1.5 inches additional ground clearance on the C8 compared to my Grand Sport so I have zero concerns about lowering the C8 by up to an inch. Not 100% sure if Sean's car was a Z51, or if the Z51 is already lower than the non-Z51. I never had any problems with the low ground clearance on the Grand Sport, but do not have to navigate steep driveways - railway crossings were the biggest concern for me.

I have not done this yet, but plan on doing so for track use. I traded my C7 Grand Sport against my C8 order (placed in August and TPW was this week so may see the car in a couple of weeks!). When I handed over the trade car early to Spencer, Sean Lawlor's (Sales Manager) C8 was there and I parked the C7 next to it. There was more than 1.5 inches additional ground clearance on the C8 compared to my Grand Sport so I have zero concerns about lowering the C8 by up to an inch. Not 100% sure if Sean's car was a Z51, or if the Z51 is already lower than the non-Z51. I never had any problems with the low ground clearance on the Grand Sport, but do not have to navigate steep driveways - railway crossings were the biggest concern for me.
Interesting. Guess I will order the adjustment wrenches then :)

My recollection is that the GM specification C8 lowering also involved changes to the suspension alignment (camber, castor)? Is this really as simple as just adjusting the suspension with a shock wrench?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.