Jan 26, 2018
Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
I got my new C8 HTC on Thursday delivered at home on a closed trailer.
I did a ceramic coat on Friday and after I decided to get the Corvette out for a small ride.
As soon as I hit just a little traffic slow down, the car temperature went up to 130 Celsius.
A message when on saying overheating, let the car idle for a moment... which is worst.
I parked on the side of the road and waited about 20 minutes. I restart and drove out of traffic and then the temperature went down to 88 - 90 degree Celsius.
I drove back home and let the car idle for 1 or 2 minutes and the temperature went up over 110 degree Celsius.
I stopped the car. I have an appointment to the garage for Monday morning.
I have checked the fluid level and it is low (meaning under the cold low level indicator) but there is no way to see the real level.
Both fans at the front radiators are working and the fan behind the driver door also works.

I just hope that the problem was just air bubbles trapped during the filling. Otherwise it will be an heavy problem.

By the way, the car arrived at the dealer with 40 KM on the odometer.
Or the car has been going through a quality check level 2 or they have found a problem that obviously has not been fixed.

Any idea of what could be wrong with the car?

By the way, the car arrived at the dealer with 40 KM on the odometer.
Or the car has been going through a quality check level 2 or they have found a problem that obviously has not been fixed.

Any idea of what could be wrong with the car?
I can see no other reason to have 40KMs on it.

The dealership came home this morning with their own trailer, put my car in and brought it to the garage.
The car was missing about 7.5 liter (out of 21.5) of antifreeze. They have not found any leak so the only explanation goes with a wrong filling at the factory.
They have scan the computer to find any code but there was no code at all. No mention of overheating.
The garage owner brought the car back to my home mid afternoon.
The idle temperature is now stable around 185 to 190 Fahreiheit.
Excellent service from that dealer out of Sherbrooke Quebec (Thibault GM).

The dealership came home this morning with their own trailer, put my car in and brought it to the garage.
The car was missing about 7.5 liter (out of 21.5) of antifreeze. They have not found any leak so the only explanation goes with a wrong filling at the factory.
They have scan the computer to find any code but there was no code at all. No mention of overheating.
The garage owner brought the car back to my home mid afternoon.
The idle temperature is now stable around 185 to 190 Fahreiheit.
Excellent service from that dealer out of Sherbrooke Quebec (Thibault GM).
Glad hear your car is OK.

Just SMH at the Quality Control by the plant.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Do you wonder why you had to pay for a pre-delivery inspection and preparation yet they did not check the coolant level?
Hmmmmm.
Perhaps the service for that pre-delivery charge is not what I think it is.
By the way, at Thibault GM there is no pre-delivery / preparation fee. You pay MSRP and no more fee.

That 40 kms tells me they had a problem and needed to get the car up to road/highway speed for a while to see if the problem was now fixed. And the problem COULD have been a coolant issue. I'd monitor your coolant level very carefully for the next 1-200 kms.
I did about 80 KM since the car is back home and I checked the coolant fluid level this morning and it was perfect. I removed the plastic / fiber carbon cover over the engine and checked carefully for any leak and I saw nothing so far. I will obviously monitor the level for the next couple of months on a regular basis.

Reactions: Maximus74
I was present when my car arrived fully wrapped up at the dealer. It had 51km on the odo, as it rolled off the truck. I did not like that, but...... maybe my car went to 2nd quality check, no clue, but it has been perfect, not one issue in 5500KM
From what I read on another forum, 2nd level quality check gives around 40 km and 3rd level quality check gives about 50 km. Glad to know that you have not encounter any problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.