VetteCoins

Attachments

• B8C4D749-5635-473F-819F-9C2329AFD576.jpeg
    B8C4D749-5635-473F-819F-9C2329AFD576.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Rruuff Day
  • Agree
Reactions: Dik
Will be interesting to see who buys an EV sports car. The main attraction is the sound no?

Will be interesting to see who buys an EV sports car. The main attraction is the sound no?

For many yes. For others it's the torque and going from "0 to 60" in little time. I've noticed a few Tesla's quickly zoom up to me to "show off" their acceleration prowess, when I've been merrily minding my own business while doing my usual "above the speed limit" cruising. I'm not talking the Model 3 Tesla's but rather the higher priced models where I suspect people with money view them as "sport cars" and scoff at my lowly internal-combustion motor.

Reactions: kerry4
For many yes. For others it's the torque and going from "0 to 60" in little time. I've noticed a few Tesla's quickly zoom up to me to "show off" their acceleration prowess, when I've been merrily minding my own business while doing my usual "above the speed limit" cruising. I'm not talking the Model 3 Tesla's but rather the higher priced models where I suspect people with money view them as "sport cars" and scoff at my lowly internal-combustion motor.
I owned a Tesla Model S performance model for a couple of years. Yes instant torque and HP, but got a bit bored with it after awhile. Had all the options and auto pilot was pretty cool. Tesla is going to be coming out with a sport model in the future. It will be the fastest street car in the world. Zero to 60 miles per hour in 1.7 seconds I believe. That will shake up the sports car market. You just need a $50.000.00 deposit and then come up with another $200,000.00 when it is being built. LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Maybe the E-ray will just be a more hybrid focused version. I would agree that it seems unlikely that GM is ready to provide an all-electric Corvette based on the C8 platform. There would be too many compromises. It would make more sense to build an electric version as more of a stand alone. I think even the E-ray will be hybrid, so you'll still have that engine singing in behind you. You'll probably be able to run on all electric if you want. I would be more interested for the torque and all-wheel drive aspect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.