Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
Finally
Got the plastic mesh and downloaded a template from someone on another forum but I forgot his name for credit.
The grille is 47X 15.5. One corner was bend ,so I got a $10 us discount. Listed as $29.00 us Ebay.
Printed out the 3Xpdf`s but sheet `A` was somewhat faint so you`ll have to use your creative talents as C8 owners.
Looks like I might have enough to do the air inlets to the engine . Looking for a template for that too.

There are a lot of versions coming out, one with a red `blanket` and fine mesh screen
Now all I need is the C8..... Mesh  template.jpg.

Attachments

• MESH TEMPLATE SHT 1.pdf
    229.4 KB · Views: 352
  • MESH TEMPLATE SHT 2.pdf
    312.3 KB · Views: 188
  • MESH TEMPLATE SHT 3.pdf
    301.1 KB · Views: 174
Will NOT be using this plastic version as according to C8 Liz, only 50% of air goes through. There is a similar thread on Corvette forums usa .Shopping around for better.

I wont be using this plastic. I have a steel mesh in mind.
However , I have deleted a post of one I am considering and was planning an update with a disclaimer, but here is why.
I am concerned that if I post the mesh , or anything else that might affect warranty or operation of the corvette, I would be held responsible ie ` he said so and it`s his fault my car broke etc`. You can see what I`m getting at.
The forum here has a waiver when you sign on but not for members who share any ideas here.

Starting with the template, I used some metal mesh material that I had from another home project. I spray painted 2 coats of black paint on them and installed with 6 small black zip ties on each. I added strips of black duct tape around the notch on the right side to cover sharp edges. I had 225 miles on my car when I started and the AC fins on the right side already had a few small dents. One was maybe 1/2 cm wide. My last C7 GS had grill holes that were about the same size as the C8 and I had a bird get inside my grill. I had to cut out a small grill section that was hidden behind the license plate to let him out. Hopefully, this will solve both problems.

Many thanks for the template. The grill inserts fit perfectly.

Regards,
Bill Winderweedle
2021 3LT Z51 HTC Sebring Orange Natural Dipped FEL MRS
161856822_4244298865588581_2108682364564653489_o.jpg

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread