Sep 13, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 stingray conv
Province
ON
Had my C8 HTC all packed up for a road trip and didn’t reach the top of my driveway when the front hood latch warning came on Opening and closing didn’t help. Drove around block and warning sounded like church bells inside car and speed limited to 42 kmph. Anyone else with same problem

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny Hop
Just bought a C8 HTC, hope this isn't a common problem! What did you do to fix it?
Nothing yet…stopped at dealer and they think it’s the front latch/sensor..so they ordered one..we’ll take car when I return ( took other car on trip..bummer)..problem is dealer is 15km away and speed locks out at 42 kmph…maybe CAA

Nothing yet…stopped at dealer and they think it’s the front latch/sensor..so they ordered one..we’ll take car when I return ( took other car on trip..bummer)..problem is dealer is 15km away and speed locks out at 42 kmph…maybe CAA
That's less than a half hour drive. I'd wear ear plugs and go myself rather than a tow.

Reactions: Miss Fury
Had my C8 HTC all packed up for a road trip and didn’t reach the top of my driveway when the front hood latch warning came on Opening and closing didn’t help. Drove around block and warning sounded like church bells inside car and speed limited to 42 kmph. Anyone else with same problem
You can take a look at this information and see if it’s of any help. Scroll down for common questions related to this. You aren’t the only one with this problem. Happens mostly on 21 and 22 units. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Bunny Hop
No,but I think you should check with your dealer for a “recall” notice and adequate repair.

Just returned home and took car to dealer. Hood latch warning was gone once I started it up after sitting for a week...must of reset somehow. Issue wasn't covered as to I'm out of warranty....but problem was fixed with an upgraded $60 latch/solenoid and 1 hour labour. Go figure.

I have a sort of similar thing on my 2024, 2 month old C8. I really have to push hard, until it takes over and closes the front hatch. Comparatively, the rear one is a breeze and requires just a little push. Is this the harbinger of issues to come with the front latch?

I have a sort of similar thing on my 2024, 2 month old C8. I really have to push hard, until it takes over and closes the front hatch. Comparatively, the rear one is a breeze and requires just a little push. Is this the harbinger of issues to come with the front latch?
You shouldn't have to push the rear lid at all. Using the handle you pull down swiftly and the lid will close itself. I have a manual frunk, but I'd assume it's the same as the rear hatch

Users who are viewing this thread