I paid $3000. Others paid much less. There is another thread on here somewhere. Perhaps one of these will help.

if you bought the GM EXTENDED WARRANTY how much did you pay as pick up my car this weekend and they are asking $3617+tax for 84months
Extended warranty is almost all profit for the dealership. It takes little negotiation to reduce that number down by 30% or more. Keep in mind that the 84 months includes the new car GM warranty period as well so actually gives you only an additional 48 months. Power train new car warranty is 60 months so an additional 24 months on that. If you have any warranty work at all done on your car, any promise of a rebate at the end of the term is negated. Good luck negotiating.

Can I refund my extended warranty and buy it elsewhere? I bought it when I signed. Paid $2700 plus tax for 84 months/60,000 km. Doesn't seem like the greatest deal compared to what most of you got.

Can I refund my extended warranty and buy it elsewhere? I bought it when I signed. Paid $2700 plus tax for 84 months/60,000 km. Doesn't seem like the greatest deal compared to what most of you got.

Check the warranty written terms. They should spell out your refund options. Sorry but I'm in my office and don't have access to my extended warranty wording.

Reactions: zoslick
You really have to read the fine print in the extended warranties. For example, on some extended warranties, if you do your own maintenance the warranty is not valid, if you modify the exhaust or the intake, the warranty is not valid. Also, lots of terms and conditions on the warranties that pay back some amount if you did not use the warranty (e.g. if you use roadside assistance once, then you are not eligible for the rebate after 7 years, you also have to keep the car for at least 7 years to get the rebate).

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
You really have to read the fine print in the extended warranties. For example, on some extended warranties, if you do your own maintenance the warranty is not valid, if you modify the exhaust or the intake, the warranty is not valid. Also, lots of terms and conditions on the warranties that pay back some amount if you did not use the warranty (e.g. if you use roadside assistance once, then you are not eligible for the rebate after 7 years, you also have to keep the car for at least 7 years to get the rebate).
True all of that. Plus if you get any warranty work done in the first three years while it is actually still under the new car warranty, it negates getting your rebate. When I bought my C7, the dealer tried to sell me the extended warranty. For an example he told me it costs $1000 to change a headlight bulb cause they havero remove the front bumper. Then I read the fine print.... Headlight bulbs not covered.... Duh....

I second the recommendation of Bruce Shannon at Laplante. A straight shooter and an all around nice guy to deal with. Give him a call or an email, he'll help you out.
[email protected]

I just wanted to say thanks for the lead regarding Bruce Shannon. I finally decided to go with the 72 months 80,000Km warranty from Bruce @ Laplante on my 2020 C8 and he was over 1000.00 less than my dealer. I think my dealer made a mistake, but when a dealer makes a mistake that would have cost over 1k, I start to wonder if it's really a mistake or an objective. Regardless, I did not point it out to them, I let it go. So once again thanks :) :)

Reactions: Maximus74
I just wanted to say thanks for the lead regarding Bruce Shannon. I finally decided to go with the 72 months 80,000Km warranty from Bruce @ Laplante on my 2020 C8 and he was over 1000.00 less than my dealer. I think my dealer made a mistake, but when a dealer makes a mistake that would have cost over 1k, I start to wonder if it's really a mistake or an objective. Regardless, I did not point it out to them, I let it go. So once again thanks :) :)
72 months with 80000km should cost around 2500$ with 100$ deductible if you negotiate.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.