Oct 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C8
Province
ON
I am going back and forth with deciding whether to get an extended warranty for my C8. I am just posting to see what others paid. I know i will get many opinions on whether its worth it or not. I was quoted $2500 for the GMPP 7 year 160k. I figured that's probably a good deal but of course i have to decide now as they wont guarantee that price for any amount of time for me to think on it. I would prefer to wait 2.5 years and purchase right before my factory warranty expires but who knows what the price will be. Any opinions on price or what have others been quoted a few years into ownership?

I am going back and forth with deciding whether to get an extended warranty for my C8. I am just posting to see what others paid. I know i will get many opinions on whether its worth it or not. I was quoted $2500 for the GMPP 7 year 160k. I figured that's probably a good deal but of course i have to decide now as they wont guarantee that price for any amount of time for me to think on it. I would prefer to wait 2.5 years and purchase right before my factory warranty expires but who knows what the price will be. Any opinions on price or what have others been quoted a few years into ownership?
I paid 3k. :( But I never barter. I can't do it.

Reactions: kerry4

Have a search of this forum for previous discussion as we discussed this earlier but it looks like a good price

Do you have a contact for where you got the warranty? I would like to see if I could get it for the same :)

I received great support from Bruce at Laplante in Hawksbury, Ontario. Highly recommend him.
@JR410 @Aldy

JR410 did your price for the extended warranty include ZERO deductible? Higher deductibles of course lower the cost of the EW, so that is why I am asking.
I think Aldy said his was $100 deductible on 7yr/60K for $2500? How much wer you quoted for the same but with zero deductible?

I am told by dealer that you can only get the zero deductible option if you buy within the first 30 days of car ownership. After that the minimum deductible is $100. It jumps at some point to $200 deductible if you buy up to the just before 3/60 warranty expires. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
@JR410 @Aldy

JR410 did your price for the extended warranty include ZERO deductible? Higher deductibles of course lower the cost of the EW, so that is why I am asking.
I think Aldy said his was $100 deductible on 7yr/60K for $2500? How much wer you quoted for the same but with zero deductible?

I am told by dealer that you can only get the zero deductible option if you buy within the first 30 days of car ownership. After that the minimum deductible is $100. It jumps at some point to $200 deductible if you buy up to the just before 3/60 warranty expires. Can anyone confirm this?
Sorry, yes, I went for the 100$ deductible version. (500$) less than 0 deductible

@JR410 @Aldy

It may have changed but I was offered all the deductible options 3 months before my 3/60 expired on my C7

Not to put a damper on FCPP or extended warranties but a couple of warnings related to me from a recently retired GM service manager regarding FCPP. If you are counting on the rebate at the end if you do not use the warranty, be cautious throughout the years. Any use of the roadside assistance that the plan comes with will negate your rebate. Also, if you have a service problem, the first thing they ask is "is this under warranty". The FCPP plan, no matter how many years the plan is, begins the day you bought the car, not after the GM warranty runs out. If you say yes, they will diagnose the problem which may result in a $20.00 warranty fix but that also negates your rebate. Lastly, put the expiry date in your smart phone calendar or somewhere to remind you when the warranty runs out. They will not just just send you a rebate or remind you. You have 60 days to contact them and submit a claim or no rebate.

Reactions: Chawla29 and Nik
Not to put a damper on FCPP or extended warranties but a couple of warnings related to me from a recently retired GM service manager regarding FCPP. If you are counting on the rebate at the end if you do not use the warranty, be cautious throughout the years. Any use of the roadside assistance that the plan comes with will negate your rebate. Also, if you have a service problem, the first thing they ask is "is this under warranty". The FCPP plan, no matter how many years the plan is, begins the day you bought the car, not after the GM warranty runs out. If you say yes, they will diagnose the problem which may result in a $20.00 warranty fix but that also negates your rebate. Lastly, put the expiry date in your smart phone calendar or somewhere to remind you when the warranty runs out. They will not just just send you a rebate or remind you. You have 60 days to contact them and submit a claim or no rebate.
Thanks for the information- I usually don’t but extended warranties but because the car is so new I thought it was a good idea. I asked about GM’s extended warranty and it was about $3200 plus tax with no rebate at the end. Good idea about the end date- I entered it into my calendar.

Reactions: JR410
A lot will depend on how many buy into it and how many warrantee claims are made in the 1st 2 years

Those B.....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.