This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C8 Emblem Also Leaked

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Let’s take a deeper dive in the emblem found on the attendant thread about the key fob. The C8’s emblem has a tighter “V” shape, and is also a little more three-dimensional. Here are some companion pictures to illustrate:

A little tighter V as was predicted, but additionally, a more three dimensional emblem. Nicely, it does not having the C5’s surrounding circle which made bug, dirt and wax cleaning such a PIA.

Thank you also to Road&Track for finding this all for us; I love that it was uncovered as an FCC filing, so again, putting any photoshop theories to bed.

As to the emblem, I thank a little birdie who whispered to me, about the beginning of the summer, some things about the emblem, all borne out in this picture

A comparison to the C7’s emblem:

Attachments

• 9F202DB3-4CE8-4611-9BE0-D5FC28429D89.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 11
A member of MECF.com figured the following progression of the height to width of the Corvette emblem, specifically fromthe C6 emblem to the C7’s, to the C8’s. Interesting that is not just an artistic progression, but also a mathematical one. Though its becoming more of an “aerodynamic,” further wing-swept-back look is also clear.

I am working with a renderer to see if we can get a super precise, “clean” C8 emblem from all this. Renderer Chazcron was able to get us, from the FCC web site, the cleanest image of the key fob emblem we have so far, though still a long way from this, again this being a pre-production emblem part, to a precise, aesthetically-looking C8 emblem. We hope we can get there in the next day or two.

You can be sure that the new emblem design will continue the faceted jewel like bevels around the perimeters that reflect light. Parallel detailing and higher quality inserts will have a jewelry level of detail. The new emblem will eclipse the C7 emblem in its quality of detail. Can't wait to see it ! Here is a custom Corvette emblem artisan that machines incredibly crafted emblems to jewel like finish and detailing.

https://www.cnccookbook.com/austin-b...er-car-badges/

http://s3.cnccookbook.com/img/Others...7TwinTurbo.jpg

It appears CRABBYJ's emblem is very close. The emblem on the Key FOB is too small to test the angles accurately but CRABBYJ's does allow my Kor-I-Noor Rapidograph adjustable Drafting Triangle to fit within my monitor perimeter ledge. Knowing that the centerline is true vertical, the next two vertical lines that are parallel are 7 degrees splayed outward of the centerline. The two most outer vertical lines that create the top two points are actually 5 degrees splayed out from the centerline. So both pairs of the top two angles are not actually parallel with one another.
The new emblem appears to be a hybrid of this design logic. There appears to be a centerline on the new emblem that is a vertical beveled metal look. The next two vertical lines show them being perfectly parallel to the centerline. The two most outer vertical lines that create the top two points on the new emblem are splayed out at only 2 degrees giving the new emblem a more vertical with closer paralleled lines.

Reactions: Zora