Mar 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2021 C8
Province
AB
Hey guys, my c8 had it's allocation in mid February and it's build date is set for mid April.

Wondering how long it will take after that to be delivered to Calgary?

Would appreciate the help as I've been dying of anticipation haha :)

Welcome :Seeya:
tell us more ...
like ...
your C8 specs & color
the dealer you chose
etc etc etc

too many aspects affect this however
who knows ... delivery day might be shortly followed by
and/or include a short corvette cruise with CCF friends ;) :canada:

Reactions: Gurpc
Hey guys, my c8 had it's allocation in mid February and it's build date is set for mid April.

Wondering how long it will take after that to be delivered to Calgary?

Would appreciate the help as I've been dying of anticipation haha :)

Delivery time to Western Canada from Kentucky, is usually about a month. It took a month for mine to arrive in Calgary. That's by train from Kentucky to Calgary where it's unloaded and put on a truck to the Calgary dealer. There was a past rumour that they may start doing deliveries by truck rather than train and if that happens, it may be a shorter time. I wouldn't count on that though.

All that assumes there are no glitches once your C8 comes off the production line. For example, it could be held up due to quality control issues or for other reasons.

But realize you're on the home stretch and will soon be driving your C8...so count yourself lucky compared to the many still waiting behind you.

Ask your salesperson keep you posted as to its progress and let you know when it arrives. If you live in Calgary, you may be able to swing by and watch it being unloaded from the truck. If not, hopefully your salesperson will snap some photos for you showing it being unloaded.

Finally and since you're new, I created a checklist of sorts that you may find helpful and will post it next. CONGRATS!!

Reactions: Gurpc
Thanks! It's a 2LT coupe torch red, GT2 two tone seats in adrenaline red with a few other small upgrades.

Had put the original deposit down end of May 2020 at CMP Chevy in Calgary.

Appreciate the help :)

Reactions: YFCvii
As promised, here's my suggested "10 point to-do checklist" for those like you with a TPW (Target Production Week):

1. Stop procrastinating and get all those accessories still on your wish-list.
2. Get your dealer to confirm the date of actual production, and
3. provide the VIN to you once available (well before any delivery date).
4. Then with the VIN make vehicle insurance enquiries to get that started.
5. Line up where you want to PPF or ceramic coat, etc. your new ride (negotiate pricing and work out all details you can) if that's something you want to do.
6. Then try and talk your salesperson into taking photos of the C8 on the delivery truck and when getting unloaded (if you can't be there) and ensure they keep ALL of the
"paperwork" found in the car upon delivery.
7. Get your dealer invoice in advance so you can iron out any unexpected pricing issues.
8. Then as soon as you take delivery, don't forget to register with the Ron Fellows driving school.
9. Then baby it for the break-in period and DO NOT make my mistake and allow any trusted friend or anyone else, to drive it during the break-in period.
10. Once your tachometer changes, drive it like it's stolen! (almost)

So much to do! So little hours! Congrats and enjoy! 😀

Reactions: Rebby and Gurpc
Delivery time to Western Canada from Kentucky, is usually about a month. It took a month for mine to arrive in Calgary. That's by train from Kentucky to Calgary where it's unloaded and put on a truck to the Calgary dealer. There was a past rumour that they may start doing deliveries by truck rather than train and if that happens, it may be a shorter time. I wouldn't count on that though.

All that assumes there are no glitches once your C8 comes off the production line. For example, it could be held up due to quality control issues or for other reasons.

But realize you're on the home stretch and will soon be driving your C8...so count yourself lucky compared to the many still waiting behind you.

Ask your salesperson keep you posted as to its progress and let you know when it arrives. If you live in Calgary, you may be able to swing by and watch it being unloaded from the truck. If not, hopefully your salesperson will snap some photos for you showing it being unloaded.

Finally and since you're new, I created a checklist of sorts that you may find helpful and will post it next. CONGRATS!!
Wow I really appreciate all this info!

Thank you so much!

It travels from Kentucky to Toledo by truck and then can sit in Toledo for a while before getting on as train. That is usually where the hold up is. Dealers now have access to a delivery app that tells them where the car is at any point along the way. I noticed Morgan Crosbie was using the tracking app.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.