Oct 29, 2018
Port Colborne
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Stingray
Province
ON
I have a 2020 C8 Coupe and 9 times out of 10 when I open the trunk with the fob or the switch beside the license plate the trunk does not open with enough gap to allow me to lift it with ease (the gap is only about 1/8". When I brought this issue up with the body shop manager he told me that there was no adjustment on the trunk release so he could do nothing about it. Just wanted to hear from other owners if they are experiencing the same issue as that is definitely not a solution.

It likely just needs an adjustment.
My 4th gen Camaro had issues like that. The fix was to add another spring. I doubt this is that severe since it only happens to a few C8's.
Probably I really have not looked at the latch that closely but as I said the body shop manager told me there is no adjustment. I will have to re-visit this issue next week.

Probably I really have not looked at the latch that closely but as I said the body shop manager told me there is no adjustment. I will have to re-visit this issue next week.
He said that? I've never seen one that isn't adjustable. Hmm. Well, the weather isn't conducive to doing work on cars.

Can't say I have had any issues with opening clearances front or back. My frunk stands up about half inch when opened. Easy to get my fingers on the edge to pull up.
Same with my rear hatch deck. The release gives me more than enough room to get my fingers under it to raise up. I have to think the springs are replaceable if not adjustable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.