Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Working with Bill Spencer Chevrolet I bring the members and readers of the Canadian Corvette Forum the opportunity to get a new C8 Corvette sooner than any other dealership across Canada. With us in contention for being the top Corvette dealer in Canada for 2019, we will receive a very high allocation for 2020 and 2021 Corvettes.

We received an allocation of 13, 2020 Corvettes during Phase 1 of the 2020 model year.

Currently, our waiting lists are:

MODEL​
CUSTOMERS WAITING​
Stingray
9​
Z06
6​
ZR1
1​
Last updated Mar 10, 2020

Our next post will contain our policy for placing deposits on the new C8 Corvette. It applies to all, Stingray Z06 and ZR1.

Last edited:
Bill Spencer Chevrolet Ltd.
1090 Elgin Street West
Cobourg, Ontario
K9A 5V5

Re: C8 Corvette Ordering

To whom it may concern,

GM has released 26 of our orders so far. We have sold over one hundred 2019 Corvettes so we anticipate we are in a good position to earn additional allotment.

We are taking $5,000 deposits. This deposit will secure your sequence for ordering the 2020 Corvette, or Z06, or ZR1. At any time prior to your order being released by GM to the plant, placed you may take your deposit back. We are not permitting those who make deposits to sell their spot or give it to someone else. If you choose not to order, anyone in line behind you will move up.

Once your order has been released by GM to the plant, your deposit will become non-refundable.

No dealer, under any circumstance, can guarantee delivery of your 2020 Corvette. This is because, even after awarding dealer allocation, GM may encounter circumstances, acting in good faith, beyond its control. If we do not get an allocation to cover your order, or if GM is unable to build your order, your deposit will be refundable in full, or you may choose to instruct us to convert the order to a 2021 model.

The deposit you are considering is accepted based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Your price will not be discounted, nor increased beyond MSRP, even if market conditions or other factors lead dealers to do so.

If you wish to place a deposit on a ZR1, please contact me directly.

Last edited:
FAQ

1. How many 2020 Corvettes will you receive?
This we cannot answer. No dealership in Canada can. We have received an allocation for 13 Corvettes for the first half of 2020. We are, just like all other dealerships, left in the dark as to how many more we will receive. Any number at this point in time will be a guess. From previous experience, allocations after the first half will be distributed on a week-by-week basis. Therefore, we may not know how many we will receive until we have been given our final allocation for 2020.

2. Do you have a separate waiting list for convertibles?
No. Once the constraint on convertibles is lifted, coupes and convertibles will be ordered and built side-by-side. Any allocation can be built as either a coupe or convertible, therefore our waiting list combined both.

3. Will the MSRP increase for 2021?
We cannot confirm an answer to this question. Historically, the MSRP has increased in the second model year of the Corvette, so one can assume the price will increase for the 2021 Corvette as well.

UPDATE:

We have received an additional 6 allocations for the next two weeks, completing the first 13 we have been allocated for the first half (H1) of the 2020 model year (MY).

The second half (H2) begins in 5 to 8 weeks, between February 14th(ish) and March 6th(ish). DOSP is monthly. If H2 begins March 6th, and we receive any allocation in February, it will be above and beyond our original allocation and expectation. Alternatively, we may not receive any allocation in the month of February.

If H2 begins February 14th, we may receive an allocation for February and it will not be above any previous expectation.

We currently do not know how many 2020 Corvettes will receive in H2, but we will know before H2 begins.

Great information... We need more of this.
I don't mind waiting, if the allocation details are known. I do mind being told, just leave us a deposit and we'll get back to you later with the details.
I call that teasing... No one likes to be teased.

I can imagine it would feel like teasing if I had not placed a deposit and lost the opportunity to get a 2020 Corvette. Most people who are hoping to get a 2020 Corvette have already placed a deposit. Our earliest deposit came in May of 2019 when we didn't even know if we were getting one.

Anyone who has not placed a deposit yet will likely be getting a 2021, or will wait until dealerships have some inventory.

• Clever
Reactions: Vettari
Working with Bill Spencer Chevrolet I bring the members and readers of the Canadian Corvette Forum the opportunity to get a new C8 Corvette sooner than any other dealership across Canada. With us in contention for being the top Corvette dealer in Canada for 2019, we will receive a very high allocation for 2020 and 2021 Corvettes.

We received an allocation of 13, 2020 Corvettes during Phase 1 of the 2020 model year.

Currently, our waiting lists are:

MODEL​
CUSTOMERS IN LINE​
ORDERS ACCEPTED BY GM​
CUSTOMERS WAITING​
Stingray
34​
13​
21​
Z06
3​
0​
0​
ZR1
1​
0​
0​
Last updated: January 17, 2020

Our next post will contain our policy for placing deposits on the new C8 Corvette. It applies to all, Stingray Z06 and ZR1.
I have a deposit with ur dealership. Gonna change my build a bit. How much notice will be given before order actually gets placed?

I have a deposit with ur dealership. Gonna change my build a bit. How much notice will be given before order actually gets placed?

We'll notify you as soon as we receive the allocation and you're in line for it. It is usually about 5 business days prior to the order being accepted by GM.

Has anyone here with a confirmed order tried to follow up with the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892 ? While I do not want to hound my dealer, it would be nice to follow the build process via the codes. Yes too much time on my hands.
Has anyone here with a confirmed order tried to follow up with the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892 ? While I do not want to hound my dealer, it would be nice to follow the build process via the codes. Yes too much time on my hands. hahaha
On gm.ca you can ask the live chat person just have your order # and they will let you know

Reactions: EJChevy and ABC
Has anyone here with a confirmed order tried to follow up with the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892 ? While I do not want to hound my dealer, it would be nice to follow the build process via the codes. Yes too much time on my hands. hahaha
I use the chat feature on Chevrolet Canada's website. If you have an order number and the name of your dealership, they can give you a status update on your order.

Reactions: ABC