This is an exact copy of what was posted here the day of the cars release.

Although I never get tired of seeing these features. What a car.
What I found interesting yesterday while I was waiting for an oil change. I was hovering over a 19 GS chatting with a “car salesman” in the showroom. As I had seen this ☝️and many other videos on the features of the C8 I thought to ask and perhaps get some tidbit of inside or expanded information on the new generation and its features.
The guy knew nothing... and I mean nothing about Corvette let alone the C8. It was irritating listening to him talk about the C7 right in front of us and literally hear him make stuff up as he clearly had no clue.

I admit that it did feel good to eventually corner him with questions and end his pathetic little attempts to pretend to know anything about the car. He turned purple when I put my hand up and asked him to stop. Asked him if he knew anything about any GM cars? Explained I have had 3 corvettes and was shocked at how little he knew about GMs roped off signature car in his showroom.
At that point he got pissed off and walked away... think he called me an a-hole too but I was laughing too hard and maybe didn’t hear him right.

This car should be in with the Cadillacs in stand alone dealerships.

Ok sorry for the de-rail but man it was funny.
Back on the rails. 😀

This is an exact copy of what was posted here the day of the cars release.

Although I never get tired of seeing these features. What a car.
What I found interesting yesterday while I was waiting for an oil change. I was hovering over a 19 GS chatting with a “car salesman” in the showroom. As I had seen this ☝and many other videos on the features of the C8 I thought to ask and perhaps get some tidbit of inside or expanded information on the new generation and its features.
The guy knew nothing... and I mean nothing about Corvette let alone the C8. It was irritating listening to him talk about the C7 right in front of us and literally hear him make stuff up as he clearly had no clue.

I admit that it did feel good to eventually corner him with questions and end his pathetic little attempts to pretend to know anything about the car. He turned purple when I put my hand up and asked him to stop. Asked him if he knew anything about any GM cars? Explained I have had 3 corvettes and was shocked at how little he knew about GMs roped off signature car in his showroom.
At that point he got pissed off and walked away... think he called me an a-hole too but I was laughing too hard and maybe didn’t hear him right.

This car should be in with the Cadillacs in stand alone dealerships.

Ok sorry for the de-rail but man it was funny.
Back on the rails. 😀
Sorry man! I never know if something is posted - be nice if system told you it was a duplication? The guy I am ordering from does not know squat about corvettes or the new C8: you would he he would access all the info that is posted so he is up to speed on the car? He is the no. 1 salesman as well, I believe? Crazy, if I were selling this car I would be totally up to speed. I have a funny idea that he will not have a clue how to indoctrinate me on the car when it arrives; probably, have to do that on my own?

Reactions: ddgermann
Sorry man! I never know if something is posted - be nice if system told you it was a duplication? The guy I am ordering from does not know squat about corvettes or the new C8: you would he he would access all the info that is posted so he is up to speed on the car? He is the no. 1 salesman as well, I believe? Crazy, if I were selling this car I would be totally up to speed. I have a funny idea that he will not have a clue how to indoctrinate me on the car when it arrives; probably, have to do that on my own?

It’s really pathetic there are sales people for these cars that are not motivated enough to spend 10 minutes on YouTube to learn the basics at least.
They want your money and don’t show you or the process any respect by being utterly useless.
Can you imagine how long You or I would last on a job being this lazy? 😂

Ya... less than a day.

• Agree
Reactions: BDK and 12cents
It’s really pathetic there are sales people for these cars that are not motivated enough to spend 10 minutes on YouTube to learn the basics at least.
They want your money and don’t show you or the process any respect by being utterly useless.
Can you imagine how long You or I would last on a job being this lazy? 😂

Ya... less than a day.
Right on man :Cheers2: :Cheers2: - make it a double - LOL. It boggles the mind: common sense isn't very common anymore.

Unfortunately laziness attitude and entitlement have become the norm at so many companies I have seen lately. I know when I walked in and placed my factory GM order for my C7 after researching for a full year, I could run circles around all the salesmen in the dealership all day. Unfortunately it is a different world now than I remember even 10 years ago when people took pride in whatever they do for a living. We are a dying breed now for sure. Sorry for helping derail this thread some more but I could resist.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Unfortunately laziness attitude and entitlement have become the norm at so many companies I have seen lately. I know when I walked in and placed my factory GM order for my C7 after researching for a full year, I could run circles around all the salesmen in the dealership all day. Unfortunately it is a different world now than I remember even 10 years ago when people took pride in whatever they do for a living. We are a dying breed now for sure. Sorry for helping derail this thread some more but I could resist.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.
Always nice hearing from you Ziggy. Missed you at Graham's. Have a great trip to BG:Seeya:

• Agree
Just hand over a $100,000 so I can make the sale. Not a good way to sell, close a deal or get repeat business. It seems the customer is better informed then many sales people these days. That is precisely why I do my homework before purchasing any big ticket item. I will read and learn as much as I can and then decide whether I'm going to buy the C8 ,,, with my wife's permission of course.

• Haha
Just hand over a $100,000 so I can make the sale. Not a good way to sell, close a deal or get repeat business. It seems the customer is better informed then many sales people these days. That is precisely why I do my homework before purchasing any big ticket item. I will read and learn as much as I can and then decide whether I'm going to buy the C8 ,,, with my wife's permission of course.
I never ask my wife because she will say NO even though it is not about affording; just the fact, that I am spending money period! And on a car - god forbid. She will be mad at me like always - just glad I have my own money - LOL.

I never ask my wife because she will say NO even though it is not about affording; just the fact, that I am spending money period! And on a car - god forbid. She will be mad at me like always - just glad I have my own money - LOL.
What's hers is hers and what's mine is ours. Never did understand that logic.:Confused5:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.