Aug 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Z51 Coupe
Province
ON
So first off, I finally pulled the trigger & got on a wait list... I know it’s still likely a (long) while away before I’ll get my C8 but holy s**t I’m pumped to actually see this start to come to a reality. Highly recommend Andrew @BillSpencer, absolutely great to deal with, very happy to give them my business.

Has anyone put a forward-facing child’s seat in their C8? I haven’t been able to find any info if the passenger’s seat has the quick connect hooks or hook bar on the back of the seat tab for attaching a car seat.... I know you can’t do a rear facing seat regardless but if I could get a forward facing seat at least one of my kids will get a huge kick with crushing with dad... would be amazing to do that, especially for the daycare pickups, haha

If anyone has any experience trying to get a child’s seat with C8 would love to hear about it

Not that I'm an expert on kid restraining but I haven't seen a Vette yet with hooks for a child or baby seat. I would think your only option might be to strap the seat on with the seatbelt and maybe a ratchet strap around the seat. The child seat harness should hold him in his seat. I'd be more concerned about what happens if the airbags deploy. Is their a weight limit before the air bags would be active? Might want to put a towel or something down under and between the child seat and your leather as well. I can see your seats getting chaffed if not.

Ah thanks for that link, exactly what I needed.

So it doesn’t have any anchors, specifically the top anchor which apparently is req’d in Canada for forward facing child seats, so looks like it’s a negative...

Guess the kids are gonna have to wait until they grow into a booster seat, which depending on when I actually get a C8 may actually work out

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Can one not anchor the top to the seat back?
With the GT1 seat you can anchor it by strapping it around the headrest.
GT2 seat might be a little trickier but doable.
1607867860273.png

Think you would have to be very careful with installing a seat without proper attachments. The police here in Ontario, especially the Ontario Provincial Police are sticklers for installation of kids car seats.

Think you would have to be very careful with installing a seat without proper attachments. The police here in Ontario, especially the Ontario Provincial Police are sticklers for installation of kids car seats.
Yep looks like I’m limited to just a booster seat... my youngest kid is just gonna have to wait it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.