Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I was in getting a few mods done on my C7 yesterday at Carter GM in North Vancouver: sales manager thought allocation for new ME C8 would be light - based on C7 volume. He also told me that they would not be marking up the MSRP like other dealers might do - eg. Duecks GM. I believe I am no. 2 on the list to order - so, we shall see if I even get a chance?

I know Canada has been routinely messed over with C7 allocations especially during the beginning years of a new Corvette generation. However, GM is planning, contrary to many’s thoughts, to cease C7 production and so it will be “full speed C8 production” at some point (sure you saw the December SOP rumor).

If you are # 2, and if you dealer got some C7’s the first year, I think you will be just fine.

Reactions: ccltj
Soooo ... Are you number 2 on the list with a deposit?
Love the crap talk about availability and that other dealers are marking-up from MSRP when there is no C8s yet.
So few dealers did the markup shenanigans on the ZR1 ... that I have started to think starved Canada of any more ZR1 allocations.
Afterall, checking the Museum website webcam, ZR1s are still being delivered down there.
So, crap talk about MSRP markups will be at the risk of allocations as far as I am concerned.
I know of two dealerships with a list that have no deposits required.
They also expect 2/3rds of that list not to follow through.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I know Canada has been routinely messed over with C7 allocations especially during the beginning years of a new Corvette generation. However, GM is planning, contrary to many’s thoughts, to cease C7 production and so it will be “full speed C8 production” at some point (sure you saw the December SOP rumor).

If you are # 2, and if you dealer got some C7’s the first year, I think you will be just fine.

The dealership gouging when the C7 came out was full on. The C6 was no longer in production so I do not see the difference and frankly expect it to be even more heinous with the C8.
@JCWP I truly hope you do get your C8 and at MSRP and not be thrust into a bidding war over it.
As @SN-III said there are some dealers that indeed do honour the MSRP.
Unfortunately there are others who inform you after having a 20k deposit for a year; who you just bought 200k worth of cars from in that year.... tell you when the allocation finally comes in that you will have to make an offer.
Scum of the earth. 🤬

The dealership gouging when the C7 came out was full on. The C6 was no longer in production so I do not see the difference and frankly expect it to be even more heinous with the C8.
@JCWP I truly hope you do get your C8 and at MSRP and not be thrust into a bidding war over it.
As @SN-III said there are some dealers that indeed do honour the MSRP.
Unfortunately there are others who inform you after having a 20k deposit for a year; who you just bought 200k worth of cars from in that year.... tell you when the allocation finally comes in that you will have to make an offer.
Scum of the earth. 🤬
I’m sorry I brought that experience back to you D. Knowing of yours and a few of my own, we are much better buyers for it. Hate lost opportunities though ... like this one ... the moment it was available I was there and as I was asking to place a deposit, the guy right beside me bought it! .... MSRP on the spot 😢...
0DB6800B-DDDE-44F4-B4DF-1FD6F206DE95.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Soooo ... Are you number 2 on the list with a deposit?
Love the crap talk about availability and that other dealers are marking-up from MSRP when there is no C8s yet.
So few dealers did the markup shenanigans on the ZR1 ... that I have started to think starved Canada of any more ZR1 allocations.
Afterall, checking the Museum website webcam, ZR1s are still being delivered down there.
So, crap talk about MSRP markups will be at the risk of allocations as far as I am concerned.
I know of two dealerships with a list that have no deposits required.
They also expect 2/3rds of that list not to follow through.
Yes deposit. Duecks here - by far the biggest corvette dealer in Vancouver - maybe the west has a habit of marking up on MSRP: did it with the ZR1.

The three locations in the U.S. that typically have the markups (and they went to literally went as high as $25-$50K) at more than a few dealers, are California, Texas and Florida (where the most Corvettes are sold). Due to the internet however, the percentage of folks instead buying from dealers as far as the other side of the country, is exploding the last five to ten years. The top dealers, Kerbeck in NJ, MacMulkin in NH and Criswell in MD, are all selling more than 2/3’s of their Corvettes from other than local buyer with an amazing amount being cross country sales. Any surprise that in this internet age that the top dealers (again in the U.S. for that is all I know about), have never charged over sticker in the last 20 years, even on very short supply models and brand new, first of a new generation, Corvettes.

Of course there are dealers in the west and other parts of the country, who also never charge over sticker in the U.S. Caveat emptor for sure.

I have always bought my new Corvettes from at least 3,000 miles away and always been treated by one of those three U.S. dealers outstandingly.

I hope in Canada you have that same purchase opportunity, then get to get it home via either a “road trip,” courtesy delivery, or some other means of getting it to your home.

Reactions: ddgermann
The three locations in the U.S. that typically have the markups (and they went to literally went as high as $25-$50K) at more than a few dealers, are California, Texas and Florida (where the most Corvettes are sold). Due to the internet however, the percentage of folks instead buying from dealers as far as the other side of the country, is exploding the last five to ten years. The top dealers, Kerbeck in NJ, MacMulkin in NH and Criswell in MD, are all selling more than 2/3’s of their Corvettes from other than local buyer with an amazing amount being cross country sales. Any surprise that in this internet age that the top dealers (again in the U.S. for that is all I know about), have never charged over sticker in the last 20 years, even on very short supply models and brand new, first of a new generation, Corvettes.

Of course there are dealers in the west and other parts of the country, who also never charge over sticker in the U.S. Caveat emptor for sure.

I have always bought my new Corvettes from at least 3,000 miles away and always been treated by one of those three U.S. dealers outstandingly.

I hope in Canada you have that same purchase opportunity, then get to get it home via either a “road trip,” courtesy delivery, or some other means of getting it to your home.
Interesting. Where I deal the GM told me they never price over MSRP: I believe they have dealer ships in BC & AB - Carter GM. Not high volume - Duecks is by car the biggest corvette seller in BC - maybe all the west?

I am available for a really small fee based on my grin at the end of the journey and not based on miles

Brian delivered a special car to bc once

I was in getting a few mods done on my C7 yesterday at Carter GM in North Vancouver: sales manager thought allocation for new ME C8 would be light - based on C7 volume. He also told me that they would not be marking up the MSRP like other dealers might do - eg. Duecks GM. I believe I am no. 2 on the list to order - so, we shall see if I even get a chance?
My C8 is on order at Dueck at MSRP, they do not mark up above MSRP. Solid dealership.

My C8 is on order at Dueck at MSRP, they do not mark up above MSRP. Solid dealership.

My suggestion for anyone waiting for a 2021 C8 and told it'll be priced at a maximum of MSRP or at MSRP, is to ensure that's in writing. So if not already confirmed by the dealer in an email, then you should send a self-serving email to your salesperson, confirming the conversation telling you that: the date and who said it and where the conversation took place. Maybe this won't be needed when it's time to take delivery, however it'll be nice insurance if necessary. As well, on the off-chance (and I think it unlikely now) that COVID again reduces production numbers and demand for the 2021's spikes with prices people will pay rising in lock-step, dealers might once again be tempted to boost sale prices. So having written confirmation will be handy for that too. Plus if the salesperson you're dealing with now, isn't working for the dealership when your C8 is about to be delivered, this written confirmation will again be helpful.

Regardless, if not already done, you should nail down pricing now and whatever you're told should be in writing, to avoid any future "misunderstandings". JMO.

My suggestion for anyone waiting for a 2021 C8 and told it'll be priced at a maximum of MSRP or at MSRP, is to ensure that's in writing. So if not already confirmed by the dealer in an email, then you should send a self-serving email to your salesperson, confirming the conversation telling you that: the date and who said it and where the conversation took place. Maybe this won't be needed when it's time to take delivery, however it'll be nice insurance if necessary. As well, on the off-chance (and I think it unlikely now) that COVID again reduces production numbers and demand for the 2021's spikes with prices people will pay rising in lock-step, dealers might once again be tempted to boost sale prices. So having written confirmation will be handy for that too. Plus if the salesperson you're dealing with now, isn't working for the dealership when your C8 is about to be delivered, this written confirmation will again be helpful.

Regardless, if not already done, you should nail down pricing now and whatever you're told should be in writing, to avoid any future "misunderstandings". JMO.
My car is currently in 3800 status and I have a vin# which means it's on the assembly line today 🤘

My car is currently in 3800 status and I have a vin# which means it's on the assembly line today 🤘
Ya, 3800 is built. Who told you 3800? What is your vin? My SS should tell you when it came off the line.
Unless you mean 3400

Last edited:
I only have the last 8 digits and i'm not sure what my ss is, sorry. New here :)
Sorry, I post a spreadsheet every morning with the vins coming off the line the previous day.
This is the thread for it.
I can also tell you your full vin.

So 1G1YB2D43L5101234 First four are always the same.
1st is Country of Origin: 1 = USA
2nd is Manufacturer: G = GM
3rd is Make of car: 1 = Chevrolet
4th is Car Line or Series: Y = Y-body series (Corvette)
5th is A = 1LT, B = 2LT, C=3LT
6th is 2 = coupe, 3 = HTC (Vert)
7th is always D (restraint system)
8th is engine type 4 = LT2
9th is the Check Digit. Use the Check Digit Calculator
10th is model year M = 2021
11th is 5 = Bowling Green
12th is 1 = customer, 0 = CTF
The rest is partial vin. (sequential)

Reactions: sledbc
Sorry, I post a spreadsheet every morning with the vins coming off the line the previous day.
This is the thread for it.
I can also tell you your full vin.

So 1G1YB2D43L5101234 First four are always the same.
1st is Country of Origin: 1 = USA
2nd is Manufacturer: G = GM
3rd is Make of car: 1 = Chevrolet
4th is Car Line or Series: Y = Y-body series (Corvette)
5th is A = 1LT, B = 2LT, C=3LT
6th is 2 = coupe, 3 = HTC (Vert)
7th is always D (restraint system)
8th is engine type 4 = LT2
9th is the Check Digit. Use the Check Digit Calculator
10th is model year M = 2021
11th is 5 = Bowling Green
12th is 1 = customer, 0 = CTF
The rest is partial vin. (sequential)
Wow thank you I think I can figure out my full vin, I still don't know what My SS is to check status :)

Wow thank you I think I can figure out my full vin, I still don't know what My SS is to check status :)
SS = Spread Sheet.
Check your last 5 digits with this picture
Or tell me the last 5 and I'll tell you within the hour when yours was built

1610920252761.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.