Vikcanada

C8 2020 Red, Z51, 2LT, Lift, Carbon Fiber.
Oct 9, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8
Province
ON
Hi Guys,

I have already taken my C8 through an automated car wash twice.

I did a touchless High pressure spray, No wheel track thing to drag you along, No Under carriage spray, Yes to side rocker Pannel Blaster. Blow dry thing at the end.

AMAZING RESULTS: I had the passenger step outside and view it from the exterior window. My head was looking out to the back and I was totally focused on the water in the engine bay and where it went. ALL of the water went only in the narrow sides in the back and surprisssingly went linear down where it should like a slide. There was NO splashing into the other areas. Like a controlled water slide quick exiting down the sides. I guess the grille holes are designed and adjusted them so the water get re-angled to go straight down. I just used a microfibre on the carbon fibre appearance package, rear widow and under rear glass. In fact, I liked having the extra cleaned drops of water there so I could use a cloth to clean it up. It actually works out to perfect timing.

Where? Simoize car was at Canadian Tire.

TIP: You can get your hand cut open and even get stitches while drying the inside of the rear hatch window. There is a small black wire/cord that runs length wise with a VERY sharp edged black tie down strap. Please be careful. Tip originated from Rick Conti Corvette. I'll trim it off and wrap it with black electrical tape in the summer.

Happy Motoring :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have already taken my C8 through an automated car wash twice.

I did a touchless High pressure spray, No wheel track thing to drag you along, No Under carriage spray, Yes to side rocker Pannel Blaster. Blow dry thing at the end.

AMAZING RESULTS: I had the passenger step outside and view it from the exterior window. My head was looking out to the back and I was totally focused on the water in the engine bay and where it went. ALL of the water went only in the narrow sides in the back and surprisssingly went linear down where it should like a slide. There was NO splashing into the other areas. Like a controlled water slide quick exiting down the sides. I guess the grille holes are designed and adjusted them so the water get re-angled to go straight down. I just used a microfibre on the carbon fibre appearance package, rear widow and under rear glass. In fact, I liked having the extra cleaned drops of water there so I could use a cloth to clean it up. It actually works out to perfect timing.

Where? Simoize car was at Canadian Tire.

TIP: You can get your hand cut open and even get stitches while drying the inside of the rear hatch window. There is a small black wire/cord that runs length wise with a VERY sharp edged black tie down strap. Please be careful. Tip originated from Rick Conti Corvette. I'll trim it off and wrap it with black electrical tape in the summer.

Happy Motoring :)
... "a VERY sharp edged black tie down"
Here is a tip from an old sparky; never cut the excess of the zip-tie. Grab the excess with pliers, tight to the lock then twist it off. As long as you grab the excess square with the plier, 99% of the time there is a very short, soft and not sharp tag end.
I hope that helps?

... "a VERY sharp edged black tie down"
Here is a tip from an old sparky; never cut the excess of the zip-tie. Grab the excess with pliers, tight to the lock then twist it off. As long as you grab the excess square with the plier, 99% of the time there is a very short, soft and not sharp tag end.
I hope that helps?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread