Sep 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Z51 Vert
Province
ON
I am going to be building our C8 with the Dealer soon, and am looking for input from you guys as to your thoughts on Accessories .... ie .. rocker panels, high wing, flaps, trunk and floor mats. Not sure if I should just load it up with the build or if after market is the way to go. What are your thoughts and or experiences on this matter. This will be our first Corvette, so help is greatly appreciated!

Look at the prices for things such as front floor mats, frunk/trunk trays and (if interested) a car cover. I was able to do much better on pricing for those items by buying GM OEM from an online GM wholesaler (in this case: BuyKippScottGMParts.ca in Alberta, but they will ship to you in Ontario, if you don't find someone else local) rather than putting them on my order for the car or buying them from my dealer. I didn't install the other "bigger ticket" items you've mentioned but know others who did and they paid ++ getting them from the States, given the US exchange rate and ship charges...plus they also paid for installation which is usually included if you buy direct from factory as part of your original order. Best to check on whether install comes included with the price, if you buy from factory or the dealer.

Sometimes some items aren't available direct from GM, so some of my friends were happy to pay more just to get them. That may have changed now but you're likely better off researching what you want and comparing it to what's available direct from GM. Then on top of that, you may prefer what the aftermarket is able to offer, compared to GM OEM. For example, I didn't like any of the OEM rims so purchased new ones from MRR Wheels in Los Angeles (a Forum sponsor). Finally, I've been able to negotiate discounts on accessories with dealers I'm buying a car from, in the past with other vehicles. Maybe with this being the third year for the C8 you'll be able to do that with your dealer? Hope this helps and I invite others who've purchased the "body add-ons", to chime in.

Reactions: SONSH1NE
Highwing get from the factory. I'm pretty sure it will work out to being cheaper than after the fact.

Mats...depends if you want the plastic all weather mats or carpet. If you want the plastic ones, I'd go factory. If you want carpet, Llyods are nice, but the upgraded factory carpet ones are nice too. I got the factory upgrade carpet mats, but I layer the stock ones on top to keep them clean!

Side skirts and other aero bits, I would go aftermaket. Tons of options out there, so just choose what you like best.

Wheels - lots of debate on this topic, but I personally hate the offset of any stock wheel, regardless of design. Because of that reason, I wouldn't pay to upgrade to any of the factory options, and would just spend the money on aftermarket that address the offset "tucked" look.

Flaps - cheap enough from GM to get them installed at the time of purchase.

As mentioned, you can buy from a place like Kipscott in AB. I bought my cover from them. You just need to factor in the shipping costs.

Reactions: SONSH1NE
American hydrocarbon . Could not get them from GM . But I waited for these . After seeing both GM and other manufacturers I found these better built ( a lot stronger). Rear low wing in carbon fibre arriving soon

Attachments

• 55816CFB-14F4-490C-A7D2-D01B5DD16968.jpeg
    55816CFB-14F4-490C-A7D2-D01B5DD16968.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 5D62CDC9-9C48-4AA3-AB68-C7D9C4C9B0EC.jpeg
    5D62CDC9-9C48-4AA3-AB68-C7D9C4C9B0EC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
American hydrocarbon . Could not get them from GM . But I waited for these . After seeing both GM and other manufacturers I found these better built ( a lot stronger). Rear low wing in carbon fibre arriving soon
Looks great. If you don’t mind me asking, who did you get to install the side skirts?

front splitter was installed by a body shop when I did the carbon flash paint . The side skirts I did myself I have a 4 post hoist. You have to drill the body unfortunately (LOL) . It called for a oversized 3/8 hole for alignment play. . I did a elongated 5/16 hole . I used a 3M two sided tape on the underside of the upper lip installed just below the door where the upper seams meet the body . The underside is rivets . Just fallow the pattern. It’s vary important the hole is drilled accurately. Worked well

If it's anything like my C7 was, it's easy. Position the skirt in place first with A clamps. The hardest part is getting up nerve up to drill the first hole. Took me an hour for the first side and 15 minutes for the second. An air or power rivet gun really helps. If you were closer, I'd lend you mine....lol...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.