IWNTAC8

Casual User
Sep 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Grand Sport
Province
ON
Just wanted to hear how the owners of the 1LT models feel about their purchase?
You have any regrets? Wish you had some of the stuff from the 2LT package?
I am thinking HTC and thinking 1LT however that seems like a very rare combo.
Appears most HTC owners go with the 3LT but I would prefer not to spend that much $ on a summer toy.
Look forward to hearing your feedback/opinions.

I understand you soo much, I was thinking exactly the same as you for the 1LT HTC.

Since 2LT+HTC+Z51 (because I need the Z51, kidding.. I do not need the Z51 but I want it...) This come a bit expansive...

I love the look of the HTC and the SPACE gain in the luggage.. but viewing the engine is really cool also.

Then I order the Coupe 2LT instead for the adding luxury, mostly ventilated seat, PDR (that I was ordering anyway) and rear mirror (but you have it in the HTC 1LT)..

Trust me, I will ride this thing so much... My 2008 Corvette as now over 365,000 km and I still love it so much.

My C8 is on the way, she may be built before Christmas, maybe one of the firsts 2021 build in 2020. Hope this will be the VIN 1968...

Hope someone will answer you better than me about 1LT because I got this week a new allocation for 2021, a dealer that I call 16 month ago has now an allocation for me.

But is it reasonable to buy a second corvette just to drive both and decide which one I love the most?

For who that will say go ahead your probably be rich... No I am not...

I save for that purchase since my 2008 is paid, I am just doing what not everyone do, I ride an old car for long time and put the payment on side for the next one.

My 1LT Sebring Orange HTC will be produced next month. If your not tracking the car then I don't feel Z51 is worth it.

My options were Mag Ride, NPP, Orange Belts and Carbon Flash Nacelles and Roof. Perfect around town, golf club and weekend cruiser... LoL
Sounds nice! May I ask why the Mag Ride? I thought the standard suspension would be adequate for a weekend cruiser?

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Sounds nice! May I ask why the Mag Ride? I thought the standard suspension would be adequate for a weekend cruiser?
My HTC is a 1LT, if you go for a budget build all you need is the NPP. It will drive the same as a 2LT or a 3LT. HTC is a better option than a 2LT coupe and opening the roof is way cooler than seeing the engine when you are not driving.

I've experienced both a Z51 non mag ride C8 and drove my buddies Z51 mag ride. His car felt better. Hard to describe it but over the same bumps it was a noticable difference.

Everyone raves about it and seeing as it's a standalone option for 21 and $2180 I felt it was worth it. Plus it's adjustable so I can lower the car a bit to reduce the ride height:

Screenshot_20201212-170911.png

Reactions: canadiansteelman
From a 2LT owner, allow me to share my perspective...

I get it, an extra $10K from a 1LT to a 2LT is not a small sum, but it's so worth it if you are going to use it as a daily driver.

1. The blind spot on this car is not exactly confidence inspiring when you need to change lanes. Even with the rear mirror camera, and side blind zone alert, you really do have to trust the electronics, because no amount of shoulder checks will let you see what the hell is really sitting in your 5 o'clock. I can't even begin to imagine what a kind of hail Mary lane changes I would have to make without the driver aids. With the rear view camera and blind spot detection, the system provides a good indication of what's around you.

2. This car is not slim...she's fat, and the mirrors stick out quite a bit. With the C8 in the garage, I have to pull the mirrors in every time, or my other car beside it is hitting the mirror. The power mirrors tuck them in with ease, and yes 1LT owners can pull them in manually, but I to do that every time I park the car is just barbaric!

3. Curb view is a god send. No more wondering "am I going to clear" when navigating a tight turn approaching a curb.

Like I said, I get it...It's a chunk of change to step up to a 2LT for a bunch of creature comforts, but they are comforts that once you own, you can't give them up. And personally, I value the 2LT options ahead of a HTC. They really are that important to me and figure I'll get it back proportionately if/when I sell the car.

See I'm the opposite. Never turned on the detection devices in my 2LT and the rear view camera mirror view is included in the 1LT HTC.

I'm a top off guy and I found it a pain in the ass to constantly remove and reinstall the Targa panel which takes up the entire rear trunk. I also golf a ton so really looking forward to keeping my clubs in the rear trunk. Additionally, I'm a road cyclist and much prefer being able to put my seasucker bike mount on the rear HTC lid.

Driving Sparros HTC I was immediately sold as you get way more side and rear visibility with the top down. To me that difference in price was worth stepping up to HTC vs 2LT.

From a 2LT owner, allow me to share my perspective...

I get it, an extra $10K from a 1LT to a 2LT is not a small sum, but it's so worth it if you are going to use it as a daily driver.

1. The blind spot on this car is not exactly confidence inspiring when you need to change lanes. Even with the rear mirror camera, and side blind zone alert, you really do have to trust the electronics, because no amount of shoulder checks will let you see what the hell is really sitting in your 5 o'clock. I can't even begin to imagine what a kind of hail Mary lane changes I would have to make without the driver aids. With the rear view camera and blind spot detection, the system provides a good indication of what's around you.

2. This car is not slim...she's fat, and the mirrors stick out quite a bit. With the C8 in the garage, I have to pull the mirrors in every time, or my other car beside it is hitting the mirror. The power mirrors tuck them in with ease, and yes 1LT owners can pull them in manually, but I to do that every time I park the car is just barbaric!

3. Curb view is a god send. No more wondering "am I going to clear" when navigating a tight turn approaching a curb.

Like I said, I get it...It's a chunk of change to step up to a 2LT for a bunch of creature comforts, but they are comforts that once you own, you can't give them up. And personally, I value the 2LT options ahead of a HTC. They really are that important to me and figure I'll get it back proportionately if/when I sell the car.
A 1LT HTC will always sell for more than a 2LT Coupe.
Anyway it's always a personal preference based on what's important to the buyer.

- Ya, the top is a pain to take off/on on the coupe.
- Ya, you get a ton of value with the 2LT IMHO.
Funny, I have no problems with blind spots. Side mirrors do adjust to cover them and they adjust for the FOB, but no amount of mirrors will help backing out when 2 SUV's park beside you. The cross traffic alert is amazing.
- For a daily driver the heated seats and steering wheel are so nice! Even for a 3 season car the extras are so nice. Hud, Garage door opener (where will you tuck yours on the 1LT? On the visor? Tacky and eventually destroys the fabric) Lumbar and bolster adjustments, front curb view etc. All valuable for a daily driver IMHO

Driver side mirror, rear view mirror, passenger side mirror. Repeat...
SAMCK! Cell phone texter doesn't see your ass backing out and smacks into you LONG before you can see him. Now IF you had cross traffic warning system you might be able to stop before he hits you.

If the bells and whistles help in some small way, what's the harm. They can't hurt and can only help.
I'm with you.

They are creature comforts and technology that make our lives and the driving experience more efficient.

Imagine what Senna could do if he had Hamilton's car today.

The cool thing about all this is that the C8 is so configurable and owners can make it their own for $70K.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
SAMCK! Cell phone texter doesn't see your ass backing out and smacks into you LONG before you can see him. Now IF you had cross traffic warning system you might be able to stop before he hits you.
I was answering your question. You shouldn't back out with on coming traffic approaching. When I park a car, I back in so that I can "pull out". BTW, that's what Matt's Mom said...

Reactions: JR410
I was answering your question. You shouldn't back out with on coming traffic approaching. When I park a car, I back in so that I can "pull out". BTW, that's what Matt's Mom said...
Yup, 1LT owners are forced to park that way. Us 2LT & 3LT owners can park anywhere, any way we want! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.