I read the article on the provided link. At $170K when you also factor in the taxes on top of that certainly appears to be steep, and may scare a lot of folks sitting on the fence from opening their wallets. I guess it will come down to what the pricing for a base C8 will be and see if a price point exists to ensure that good sales numbers will still occur to those who are anticipating the arrival. Personally, I will probably be out if I cant get into a nicely optioned C8 for around the $120K mark. I'll keep my C7 :)

wow over $100k would not be great at all
... if base is over $100k ... GM will cut their Corvette "money tree" down if they halt C7 production ...
I'll be selling my shares faster than the first C8 delivery
and buy colbalt stock that's currently "at sale price" for our anticipated electric future.

... I doubt the exotic owners will be embracing of a bow-tie in their clubs regardless what we spend.
So why not price it better and correctly so that there is more of the "exotic bow ties" out there than
any of the others ... so says this shareholder ... make more money by selling more C8's versus
selling fewer at a high msrp.

Last edited:
I don't think Zerv02 has a clue, and the majority of members on the US forum feel the same way. None of us have a clue quite honestly, but just ask Acura how that NSX pricing worked out for them since 2017....catastrophic failure of epic proportions..... People are willing to shell out big cash for marquee brands. Neither Chevy or Acura fit the bill. $100K seems about right for a mid engine sports car. I don't think Canada will get allocations similar to the C7. The bulk of the profits will come from the US market...as usual. Throw us a bone GM....the suspense....arrrggg 😁

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I read the article on the provided link. At $170K when you also factor in the taxes on top of that certainly appears to be steep, and may scare a lot of folks sitting on the fence from opening their wallets. I guess it will come down to what the pricing for a base C8 will be and see if a price point exists to ensure that good sales numbers will still occur to those who are anticipating the arrival. Personally, I will probably be out if I cant get into a nicely optioned C8 for around the $120K mark. I'll keep my C7 :)
Listen, IMHO you have the best C7 - period. God, you have the handling pkg. of the Z06: if I had known the GS was coming, I would have ordered one and been happy for a hell of long time. Best handling corvette ever!!!!

Well, if at all accurate, that’s a disappointment. I don’t think I recall anywhere anyone ever saying that for GM to increase the production numbers and longevity of the Corvette, they need to make it faster and more expensive. If that were the case, the ZR1 would be outselling the ‘base’ Stingray.
I mean, the Corvette has always been the ‘blue collar’ sports car that is affordable to those who don’t make 6 figures a year. So, moving up classes and competing against much more expensive cars, until it can prove itself, I would see people choosing those more expensive cars with a rich history of excellence (well, maybe not the first year when the Corvette is the new shiny toy on the market). But there’s no way they’ll sell anywhere near the numbers they do now if it’s that expensive. If they even averaged 5,000 a year over the course of its production run, I’d be surprised.
So, for me, I hope Corvette keeps its heritage of being affordable. However, the C7 has sold in such huge numbers that at least I’ll have a lot of options to upgrade my car in the future when I I’m in that situation.

Reactions: YFCvii
Ahhhhh ... more speculation... It seems that more and more 'C8 insiders' are jumping on the information release train almost daily... Which is the norm I guess as it gets closer and closer to a reveal date... One good thing though is the C8 chatter has cut down considerably on the forum discussions about oil prices, politics, weather, and how much longer we have to wait until Spring.... :rolleyes:

I read online (ya, I know) that Acura only sold a combined 850 NSX's in the U.S. for 2016 and 2017 model years. It was always intended to be a niche vehicle.
By comparison, the C7 peaked at 34,839 in 2014. Entirely on entry level Stingray's and Z51's in the first model year.
With all of the investment put into Bowling Green, wouldn't it be safe to assume that GM would be aiming for that many, or better in C8's first year. If so, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that C8 pricing would be similar to current pricing, at least on the entry level model(s)?
(And of course, the entry level Stingray has outsold the GS, ZO6 and ZR1 every year)

I read online (ya, I know) that Acura only sold a combined 850 NSX's in the U.S. for 2016 and 2017 model years. It was always intended to be a niche vehicle.
By comparison, the C7 peaked at 34,839 in 2014. Entirely on entry level Stingray's and Z51's in the first model year.
With all of the investment put into Bowling Green, wouldn't it be safe to assume that GM would be aiming for that many, or better in C8's first year. If so, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that C8 pricing would be similar to current pricing, at least on the entry level model(s)?
(And of course, the entry level Stingray has outsold the GS, ZO6 and ZR1 every year)
Makes a lot of sense to me and I think you will be right.

JMO but I'm betting they max out production first year at 20,000. That's based on the C8 entering the market at $70,000 for bare bone base c/w burlap bag seats .... lol... (ok... the burlap seats were a joke).... If indeed you are correct and the ME does enter the market at C7 base price ($55,500 +/-), then I could easily be missing the mark and they may strive to match early C7 production numbers. The other twist to this would be the level of what we currently call options that GM decides to build into the base model as standard. This could drive the base model entry price up into the $80 k range. (US $)

JMO but I'm betting they max out production first year at 20,000. That's based on the C8 entering the market at $70,000 for bare bone base c/w burlap bag seats .... lol... (ok... the burlap seats were a joke).... If indeed you are correct and the ME does enter the market at C7 base price ($55,500 +/-), then I could easily be missing the mark and they may strive to match early C7 production numbers. The other twist to this would be the level of what we currently call options that GM decides to build into the base model as standard. This could drive the base model entry price up into the $80 k range. (US $)

Reflecting on the recent announcements of GM plant closures, and the suggestions that the remaining plants will be required to operate at minimum 80% capacity, if the C8 is targeted for only 20,000 units in its first year, as you suggest may be the case, then it stands to reason that at least one other vehicle would need to be produced simultaneously at the plant.
C7 continues with a slight re-fresh? Cadillac sports car? Corvette based SUV? C7 Camaro moves to Bowling Green?

I've already chimed in my opinion on the MSRP pricing to be just slightly higher than the C7 for the base to base comparisons. All fine and good..right or wrong, there will be dealers rubbing their hands together and gouging customers that want to be in on the first release.
I know I'm glad I didn't pay 15 Z06 prices for a 14 Stingray. Then again they did it again in 15 for the release of the Z06 didn't they.

IMHO I believe the base price of the C8 will be within $5,000 from a base C7. Tadge even made that comment at least 3 years ago and with the time that has gone by hopefully (it should be) that gap is even less. Anything more and they'd loose a huge majority of past, current and new Corvette customers. Everyone thought the C7 - Z06 was going to be North of $125,000 base model, surprise in 2015 it was $89,900.00 CDN. Everyone was so dead wrong. The C7 - Z06 was really not that much more then the C6 version, even far less in some cases.
In late 2007 I recall looking at a Will Cooksey Edition Z06 listing for $108,000.00CDN, some 7 years later I purchased a Z06, 2LZ, A8, PDR, premium paint and black rims and it was only $96,840.00CND. That 2008 would have been the worst Corvette purchase ever for me. The C7 Z06 was so much more car for $12,000 less $$$$
I was actually really disappointed that ZR1 base was so much above the Z06. But chatter like this gives some insight to what GM thinks a Corvette buyer will pay. I think GM over priced the ZR1 because of all the hype people were preapred to pay based on what owners were thinking the price would be.
The Corvette is one of their highest profit margin cars. Settle down guys.........

Reflecting on the recent announcements of GM plant closures, and the suggestions that the remaining plants will be required to operate at minimum 80% capacity, if the C8 is targeted for only 20,000 units in its first year, as you suggest may be the case, then it stands to reason that at least one other vehicle would need to be produced simultaneously at the plant.
C7 continues with a slight re-fresh? Cadillac sports car? Corvette based SUV? C7 Camaro moves to Bowling Green?

Don't forget in addition to the 20,000 units (pure speculation) the 1st year they will still be producing the C7 as well.

Reactions: ddgermann
Frankly the MSRP on the C7 ZR1 is right in line to what I would have expected it to be. Sure it’s a ton of money for a few different body panels, a ZR1 badge and a spoiler but that engine is seriously beefed up through and through to handle the big ass blower. Hear of any failures or overheating..? Nope me either.
Engineering isn’t cheap and it’s clear GM did far more than put power and lipstick on a Z06 building the C7 ZR1.
I expect we will see similar ratios in C8 pricing as the different models are released over the next few years. I’m absolutely thrilled to see what the next generation king of corvette will be. And I still think I’ll (we’ll) be able to afford it if I (we) really want it.

IMHO I believe the base price of the C8 will be within $5,000 from a base C7. Tadge even made that comment at least 3 years ago and with the time that has gone by hopefully (it should be) that gap is even less. Anything more and they'd loose a huge majority of past, current and new Corvette customers. Everyone thought the C7 - Z06 was going to be North of $125,000 base model, surprise in 2015 it was $89,900.00 CDN. Everyone was so dead wrong. The C7 - Z06 was really not that much more then the C6 version, even far less in some cases.
In late 2007 I recall looking at a Will Cooksey Edition Z06 listing for $108,000.00CDN, some 7 years later I purchased a Z06, 2LZ, A8, PDR, premium paint and black rims and it was only $96,840.00CND. That 2008 would have been the worst Corvette purchase ever for me. The C7 Z06 was so much more car for $12,000 less $$$$
I was actually really disappointed that ZR1 base was so much above the Z06. But chatter like this gives some insight to what GM thinks a Corvette buyer will pay. I think GM over priced the ZR1 because of all the hype people were preapred to pay based on what owners were thinking the price would be.
The Corvette is one of their highest profit margin cars. Settle down guys.........

hmmmm.... That would put the C8 entry at $70k Cdn. I'm still betting it will be closer to $90,000 Cdn. Hopefully I will be proven wrong...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.