I have watched this one a few times now. The car sounds very good. Different than the Z06 on PDR for sure. Supercharger sound is about the same but the exhaust note from the cabin is different.
This ZR1 really accelerates. The A8 seemed to work really well. :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Sweeeeeet! Nice work Team Corvette!......however, I don't think 1.37 seconds quite equates to "destroys". Different days, different drivers, different track conditions. If they ran back to back, then that would be a solid comparison for myself. (but yay Corvette! What a beast!)

Sweeeeeet! Nice work Team Corvette!......however, I don't think 1.37 seconds quite equates to "destroys". Different days, different drivers, different track conditions. If they ran back to back, then that would be a solid comparison for myself. (but yay Corvette! What a beast!)

Personally I think any one of us could have come out of a number of those corners a bit quicker on the pedal and clipped another half second or so....:rolleyes:

..... or maybe that was in a dream I had during today's siesta.....:rofl:

Personally I think any one of us could have come out of a number of those corners a bit quicker on the pedal and clipped another half second or so....:rolleyes:

..... or maybe that was in a dream I had during today's siesta.....:rofl:

If it was a factory car I would give it a try... but driving my own car... ah negative. Not a chance would I push that hard $$$$. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
If it was a factory car I would give it a try... but driving my own car... ah negative. Not a chance would I push that hard $$$$. :Biggrin:

No question there Derek....I'm not gonna drive my car like that... I was fully talking about him sliding out and me sliding in.... Hoorah!

I have one word: price. I get a little irritated when people compare cars and don't take it into consideration. Unless you are a billionaire and money is no object for you then price matters. Period. Price matters at the grocery store, price matters when you're buying a house, price matters when you're going out to dinner, price matters when you're planning your next vacation, price matters. I don't know anyone, and I'm certainly not well heeled enough, to not consider the cost between products when making a purchase. If you are buying a car as a status symbol, and you are willing to pay $400K U.S. dollars to satisfy your ego, then fine. But if you are a true car enthusiast who wants value for their money, and wants performance but isn't willing to sacrifice other life goals, such as sending your kids to college, or maybe even buying your wife that Jaguar E Type she really wants (my wife), then the Ford GT is overpriced. Just like Lambos, Ferraris, the new Porsche GT3 RS, and others. My feeling is, once you get over $175K you're just saying "Look at me", and that's a little weak in my books......just saying.

Good rant. And yes for us mortals price does matter. For the style and performance available Corvette and Viper are the way to go. The new Mustang coming out will be in the Z06/Viper level of performance but I am not sure the price is known yet. The Hellcats are great muscle cars and a great bang for the buck too.
The Ford GT turned me off when I found out you had to basically lobby and beg to get one. I mean they didn’t even consider applicants without a video. I’m thinking a celebrity with unlimited $$ does not have to do this but the loyal Ford masses who made payments on their cars and trucks all their live have to grovel to get a sniff at one of these ugly a$$ cars.... then possibly tell the kids to learn to use a shovel if they are “selected”
No thanks the GT is frankly offensive to me. I pay cash for my vehicles and like the value I received in my Z06.... which I only had to spec out and buy. Not apply. Even the coveted 2019 ZR1 was available to me up to last month without more than a bit of planning last year to have one.
Boo Ford..
There now we both have a rant over the price of that wannabe supercar.

I have one word: price. I get a little irritated when people compare cars and don't take it into consideration. Unless you are a billionaire and money is no object for you then price matters. Period. Price matters at the grocery store, price matters when you're buying a house, price matters when you're going out to dinner, price matters when you're planning your next vacation, price matters. I don't know anyone, and I'm certainly not well heeled enough, to not consider the cost between products when making a purchase. If you are buying a car as a status symbol, and you are willing to pay $400K U.S. dollars to satisfy your ego, then fine. But if you are a true car enthusiast who wants value for their money, and wants performance but isn't willing to sacrifice other life goals, such as sending your kids to college, or maybe even buying your wife that Jaguar E Type she really wants (my wife), then the Ford GT is overpriced. Just like Lambos, Ferraris, the new Porsche GT3 RS, and others. My feeling is, once you get over $175K you're just saying "Look at me", and that's a little weak in my books......just saying.

On that note, many of us (including me) will NOT be showing our wives this post..... :Nono1:

Good rant. And yes for us mortals price does matter. For the style and performance available Corvette and Viper are the way to go. The new Mustang coming out will be in the Z06/Viper level of performance but I am not sure the price is known yet. The Hellcats are great muscle cars and a great bang for the buck too.
The Ford GT turned me off when I found out you had to basically lobby and beg to get one. I mean they didn’t even consider applicants without a video. I’m thinking a celebrity with unlimited $$ does not have to do this but the loyal Ford masses who made payments on their cars and trucks all their live have to grovel to get a sniff at one of these ugly a$$ cars.... then possibly tell the kids to learn to use a shovel if they are “selected”
No thanks the GT is frankly offensive to me. I pay cash for my vehicles and like the value I received in my Z06.... which I only had to spec out and buy. Not apply. Even the coveted 2019 ZR1 was available to me up to last month without more than a bit of planning last year to have one.
Boo Ford..
There now we both have a rant over the price of that wannabe supercar.
I agree with your rant: if I can't pay cash without sacrificing a lot of something else its too much money. I do love the Ford GT; but, hate the way they apportion who gets to buy and all that B.S.. I think the new Shelby GT500 will be an awesome car - available with the same A.T. D.C. transmission as the Ford GT - finally into the 21st century.

It just seems to me that we as car enthusiasts are constantly bombarded with a "money is no object" philosophy, whether it be on YouTube, print media, or otherwise, and I find myself having to do a reality check that reminds me that the lifestyle these people are selling isn't realistic, and those of us in the real world need to make responsible decisions. I absoluely love the look and performance of the 911 GT3 RS and I'd have one in a heartbeat if my income could handle it. I agree that Ford's approach to the sale of the GT by turning it's back on so much of its market was offensive. I'm also excited to see what the Shelby GT500 is all about, but I'm kinda partial to two seaters. My STi hatch is a four seater, and that's as close to a mini van as I'm going to get. Not that the Ford is anything like a mini van, but one 4 seater is enough for me....not counting my wife's FJ ;)

Great video James. Not often I unconsciously roll with the turns while watching a video.... :thumbs:

Eric, you should try Forza Motorsports! I broke the arm off my 'racing seat' from trying to lean into the corners. LOL!

On track with this thread though, I am impressed with the common theme that I see among so many Corvette owners, and that is their desire to have the greatest bang for the buck sports car that money can buy.

That might not be the whole reason why I made the decision before I was even old enough to drive that I would own one, but it has stayed true through my life so far, and that is a long-ass time. :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread