Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
Still frustrated at C7 prices but found a 2019 C7 Z51 Manual tranny with 2500 kilometres. Price is high at $78,000 but nothing else out there. I know nothing about the C7 Z51 as originally looking for a Grand Sport. Any input is appreciated good or bad. Is this car track capable? Is it a good car. Will it hold some value?
Thx
Buff

Z51 is certainly track capable. I don't hold a crystal ball for future values, but as you seem to know, C7 values have held up well so far. Z51's don't have the wheel issue that the Grand Sports and Z06's have.

Might be worth waiting a bit longer to make the plunge. I was planning on testing the market with my car ('17 Z51) this Spring, but haven't bothered listing it yet since it's still in storage. I imagine some other people are in the same situation.

Z51 is certainly track capable. I don't hold a crystal ball for future values, but as you seem to know, C7 values have held up well so far. Z51's don't have the wheel issue that the Grand Sports and Z06's have.

Might be worth waiting a bit longer to make the plunge. I was planning on testing the market with my car ('17 Z51) this Spring, but haven't bothered listing it yet since it's still in storage. I imagine some other people are in the same situation.

Sorry. I screwed up! Thx for the advice

2019 Stingray Z51 MSRP last summer was approx $79k in Ontario. I was looking at that car and beside it was a Grand Sport that was already sold. Z51 is a track car. However there girth of the GS is very impressive and makes the Stingray look like a baby. I did find my GS 4 months later and I am happy I waited

Still frustrated at C7 prices but found a 2019 C7 Z51 Manual tranny with 2500 kilometres. Price is high at $78,000 but nothing else out there. I know nothing about the C7 Z51 as originally looking for a Grand Sport. Any input is appreciated good or bad. Is this car track capable? Is it a good car. Will it hold some value?
Thx
Buff

Seems slightly high to me, but the market is high in general for autos and even more so for the C7 right now. I might hold back like already mentioned unless your dead set on this one. Prices are starting to climb slightly as dealers/sellers know warm weather is coming so they bump prices, I've already seen a number of dealer prices go up 3-5k recently, corvette and non-corvette

Thx
Buff
If you're going to seriously track any car, be sure it has a dry sump oiling system (speaking from experience)! I don't believe that the C7 base model has a dry sump - the Z51 does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.