Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
I'm posting this just as a FYI for those that want to deactivate their AFM and/or NPP function. I have a 2015 z51 M7 with some mods, Halltech carbon cai, Borla catless x-pipe, the secondary cats are gone, ARH mid length headers and a B&B bullet exhaust. The NPP was deleted via removal of fuse #42 and the B&B is not equipped for the NPP valves, so I removed the actuators. The car was tuned at DaSilva's and the function of the 1-4 skip shift and the AFM valves was tuned out, so neither are functional. I wanted to remove the AFM actuators but was told that it would cause the CEL to come on. I purchased 2 small resistors, from a vendor on another forum and plugged them into the AFM wiring harness. The whole process took about 1 minute and then I removed the AFM actuators. No CEL, car runs great, and the sound is awesome.

I'm posting this just as a FYI for those that want to deactivate their AFM and/or NPP function. I have a 2015 z51 M7 with some mods, Halltech carbon cai, Borla catless x-pipe, the secondary cats are gone, ARH mid length headers and a B&B bullet exhaust. The NPP was deleted via removal of fuse #42 and the B&B is not equipped for the NPP valves, so I removed the actuators. The car was tuned at DaSilva's and the function of the 1-4 skip shift and the AFM valves was tuned out, so neither are functional. I wanted to remove the AFM actuators but was told that it would cause the CEL to come on. I purchased 2 small resistors, from a vendor on another forum and plugged them into the AFM wiring harness. The whole process took about 1 minute and then I removed the AFM actuators. No CEL, car runs great, and the sound is awesome.
What resistance did you use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread