Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
IMG_5676.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG
Well, finally I put the base C7 Stingray wheels and tires on my car, then sporadically I decided to lower it on the stock bolts. My apologies for no proper before/after images. And shockingly, I didn't even measure the wheelwell heights prior to lowering.
Anyway, a couple notes/observations.
1) It is insanely easy to lower these cars.
2) I should have measured the wheelwells before/after just to know how much it lowered.
3) For C7 rear wheels, use a 20mm hubcentric spacer for a 70.3mm hub. It's the perfect thickness, maybe just a weee bit thick.
4) The ride is much rougher with runflats and I can feel the added weight. It's almost like a flywheel effect.
5) You have to cut about 5mm off the stock studs to get the wheel to sit flat on the spacer. Not a big deal as it's only the unthreaded part of the stud.

Other than that, pretty easy.

Wheel weights:
C5 polished rims with non runflats.
Front 44.9lb
Rear 49.9lb

C7 painted rims with factory runflats.
Fronts 51.4lb
Rear 59.5lb

Riley..
I like that look.
Well done
What are the tire sizes before/after.?
Graham

C5
245/45R17 Front
275/40R18 Rear

C7
245/40R18 Front
285/35R19 Rear

Thanks for the compliments guy.

In the future at some point I'm going to go back to a polished wheel. I must be old because I love the polished/chrome wheels. :D
Especially on a pewter car as there aren't any colours that are really compatible with it.

I'm surprised with how much bigger the the wheels look for only moving up one inch in diameter. It might be the white painted letters? Maybe not but the letters were just a fun project that are going to get sanded off in the next week or two.

Last edited:
So ... this might a bit like the day my Wife (C5) found out that our Daughter (C7) can now wear her shoes but actually likes how our Daughter's (C7) shoes looks on her (C5) .... and so I just say YES, those new younger generation C7 shoes look absolutely awesome on your C5 RileyP !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
I like the look as well Riley....The wheels really grab attention... I sort of like the white letter look but I was weaned on raised white letter T/A's... I suppose if the added weight concerns you, sanding the letters off will probably drop 30 grains or so of weight too...... :D

Reactions: Riley P
I like the look as well Riley....The wheels really grab attention... I sort of like the white letter look but I was weaned on raised white letter T/A's... I suppose if the added weight concerns you, sanding the letters off will probably drop 30 grains or so of weight too...... :D

Eric, when I had my Firebird Formula 400 I bought a set of raised white letter B F Goodrich Radial T/A's for it. They had an incentive program at the time that if you bought four tires you got a really nice jacket with "BFG" embroider on the back. Wore it out one night and some clown behind said hey there goes a "Big @#&% Goof".:p Never wore the jacket again.:banghead:

IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG
Thanks for the comments everyone. The raised white letter were an insane pain-in-the-aaaaaass to do. Never again for these tires as you had to actually outline each one and fill in in, where normal raised letters you can run the marker around the outside of the letter quickly and it doesn't touch the base of the tire.

It took about 8 hours to do the lettering and only about 10km of driving for it to crack and start flaking off. :rofl:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well some things just don't work Riley but man you have a steady hand. They looked good, real good at least for a while!:banghead:

I have seen others that are actual letters that you glue on. I wonder if you get a spell checker with the kit.:Biggrin:

Still think the rims look great on your car.:thumbs:

Reactions: vintageracer
Thanks Murray. I was looking at the glue on kits but they're around $120 US! However, after spending 8+ hours on doing the lettering, that's not permanent, $120 starts to look pretty cheap! :D
But I'd still have a hard time spending more money on tires that doesn't do anything for performance.

Hey Riley how's it going the wheels look fantastic on the pewter color really sweet . I wanted to ask about what you said about the stud needing to be cut off about 5 mm ? can you explain again why they need to be cut so I can understand thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread