Have any Canadian owners joined the class action for the 8 speed transmission shudder problems? If so, how does one join the suit?

I'm not aware of a Class Action suit brought forth in Canada on this issue, or if a Canadian can join the suits that have been filed in the US.

Here's a link to the US filing.

Reactions: Tom Lundy
Had no shudder but was proactive.
Did not wait and see if I would experience the A8 issue and remedied a trans-fluid resolve.
I had a gr8 friend change out both my C7 A8’s with the “Mobil 1 Red Cherry Fluid” - youtube joke 😂. This fluid was only available via GM Dealerships.
Replaced the trans-filter and the pan gasket in the process. All bolts torqued to spec. All behind me and I drive on now. Cost me a bit … and had noticeable
a8 shifting improvement after the fact. I know of a couple of others in AB who have also done this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Lundy
Had no shudder but was proactive.
Did not wait and see if I would experience the A8 issue and remedied a trans-fluid resolve.
I had a gr8 friend change out both my C7 A8’s with the “Mobil 1 Red Cherry Fluid” - youtube joke 😂. This fluid was only available via GM Dealerships.
Replaced the trans-filter and the pan gasket in the process. All bolts torqued to spec. All behind me and I drive on now. Cost me a bit … and had noticeable
a8 shifting improvement after the fact. I know of a couple of others in AB who have also done this.
C7 - A8 fluid - spec was only available
Through a GMDealer Parts Desk.
Very Pricey 💰 Stuff
Lords, Napa, CT. Etc. could not
source this.

1CAD4E70-9545-44D8-AABA-83ABCF15F737.jpeg

Last edited:
Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your invoice on a pm?
I had mine done and the dealer wouldn’t warranty it, then I got ghosted by GM when I tried through their customer service..
Sent you a PM. I had mine done while the car was still under warranty. If yours was out of warranty before you asked for the tripple flush you might be out of luck unless you have extended warranty.

Same. There's a bulletin for it and GM is offering this for free as a "permanent" fix hence no lawsuit.
Are you saying, I can get my Corvette/Chevy dealer, to flush my trans for free , if I complain about this problem? Bought mine used about 2 months ago, with only 2950 kms on it. Warranty was done by then.

If your car is still covered under the 5 year Powertrain Warranty or, as previously stated, you have an extended warranty that will cover this type of service you should be able to get the triple flush done at no charge. Extended warranties are hit and miss in this regard but the factory GM Powertrain Warranty will cover it. If no warranties are in effect, it would be a chargeable service.

The attached TSB may be of some help.

Attachments

• C7.TSB.18.NA.355.Aug.2019.3rd.pdf
    779 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
If your car is still covered under the 5 year Powertrain Warranty or, as previously stated, you have an extended warranty that will cover this type of service you should be able to get the triple flush done at no charge. Extended warranties are hit and miss in this regard but the factory GM Powertrain Warranty will cover it. If no warranties are in effect, it would be a chargeable service.

The attached TSB may be of some help.
Oh, ok, I am not sure when this 2017 was bought. I will call my dealership. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.