For those who read this and wonder about their Corvette (as I have a 2016 & 2017)
Not exactly certain of the source ...
however my Dealership lead me to this text when I inquired about the steering recall ...

Vehicles recalled: 26,772 cars, including:
• 2016–2018 Cadillac CTS sedans manufactured from July 1, 2016 through May 24, 2017
• 2017 Cadillac ATS sedans manufactured from July 24, 2016 through May 30, 2017
• 2017 Chevrolet Corvette coupes manufactured from July 27, 2016 through May 4, 2017
• 2017 Chevrolet Camaro coupes manufactured from July 1, 2016 through May 19, 2017

... not sure how to find the build date on the Corvette ...

GM Canada is pretty good about getting recall info to the original registered owner
and it is not guaranteed for those who buy a resale C7 unless you call them to
put your VIN with your name ...

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWP and turbozig
... not sure how to find the build date on the Corvette ...

On 1 of the white factory stickers, it gives you month and year. If it wasn't 'under cover' right now, I'd look. It's either on the door, B pillar, or under the hood (I forget). Mine's Oct 2016, but no recall yet. Not on 'my gm' either.

Well the app is at least useful for more than the owners manual.

looks like I’m clear. Whew 😅
1583042442057.jpeg

And how long did it take? Anything to look out for? Did you get a loaner?

My '17 GS is going in April.
I also have a 17' GS ...... and as the original owner have received no notification. I wonder if there is a difference (prob not) between G.S. models with the Z07 pckge as mine does, or those with out. Next time I'm by my dealer I'll pop in and inquire. A shout out to EJChevy for running a quick search on my vin which turned out negative for recalls.

Here is the US site. Pretty sure it's going to give you the same info. You can even open an account and enter your VIN if you're not the original owner and you will be notified of any new recalls. This information is in your owners manual.

• Informative
Reactions: EJChevy and YFCvii
Thanks all for the replies. As the original owner I got a letter, but going onto the GM site GMJim referred to shows this for my VIN:

Recall Title:
Loss of Power Steering Assist

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2016 – 2017 model year Cadillac ATS, 2016 – 2018 model year Cadillac CTS, and 2017 model year Chevrolet Camaro and Corvette vehicles. These vehicles may experience a loss of electric power steering (“EPS”) assist while driving. Loss of EPS assist may last an entire ignition cycle, but may return once the vehicle is restarted. Customers may experience this condition during subsequent ignition cycles. If power steering assist is lost, manual steering functionality is retained but would require increased steering effort, particularly at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.

Safety Risk Description:
If power steering assist is lost, manual steering functionality is retained but would require increased steering effort, particularly at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:
Dealers will replace the power steering gear assembly.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

• Informative
Reactions: EJChevy
Thanks all for the replies. As the original owner I got a letter, but going onto the GM site GMJim referred to shows this for my VIN:

Recall Title:
Loss of Power Steering Assist

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2016 – 2017 model year Cadillac ATS, 2016 – 2018 model year Cadillac CTS, and 2017 model year Chevrolet Camaro and Corvette vehicles. These vehicles may experience a loss of electric power steering (“EPS”) assist while driving. Loss of EPS assist may last an entire ignition cycle, but may return once the vehicle is restarted. Customers may experience this condition during subsequent ignition cycles. If power steering assist is lost, manual steering functionality is retained but would require increased steering effort, particularly at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.

Safety Risk Description:
If power steering assist is lost, manual steering functionality is retained but would require increased steering effort, particularly at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:
Dealers will replace the power steering gear assembly.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

This recall has been done to my car last year (May 2019) .. my car stay with them for 24 hrs and I got a VW as a loaner (LOL)

Reactions: ddgermann
This recall has been done to my car last year (May 2019) .. my car stay with them for 24 hrs and I got a VW as a loaner (LOL)
Thanks for the response, glad it was only 24hrs.

I`m sure they`ll need to test drive it before giving it back and I hate the idea of that - I know they`re not all bad but I had a bad experience in the past. Oh well.

Re. loaners - these guys have yet to indicate they`ll provide one, we`ll see. When my wife`s BMW goes in she gets a similar car, so if they try to hand me a Spark I`ll snap!

• Haha
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Thanks for the response, glad it was only 24hrs.

I`m sure they`ll need to test drive it before giving it back and I hate the idea of that - I know they`re not all bad but I had a bad experience in the past. Oh well.

Re. loaners - these guys have yet to indicate they`ll provide one, we`ll see. When my wife`s BMW goes in she gets a similar car, so if they try to hand me a Spark I`ll snap!

This was my loaner for a week waiting for my new Z to get kitted out with some extras. Brand new Stingray. 👌😊
1583883580821.jpeg

Reactions: PITA
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.