Dec 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 ZF1 Stingray
Province
QC
What are your experience with different seats, Stingray vs Z51 vs Grand Sport vs Z06? For comparisons sake I'm built like a muscled 320 pound strong man.

As I'm car shopping maybe for a Grand sport the dealer had Z06 in the showroom, I sat in a Z06 and half my butt cheek was riding on the ultra stiff seat bolster. It would be impossible to ever ride in that seat not even for 20 minutes. Are Grand Sport seats larger? A few weeks ago I sat in a Z51 and it wasn't that bad, I was on top of it but maybe I could live with it.

There is no difference in the seats from model to model. There is a GT seat which is the standard seat and a Competition seat which was an option. The competition seat is likely the one you sat in that didn't fit your 320 pound butt and felt stiffer.... lol... The comp seat is built to hold you in on the track and is 20% firmer than the GT seat. Side and lumbar are adjustable on the 2 and 3 LT. You may want to sit in the GT seat for a while and make sure it's gonna be comfy for you before you buy.... Either that or trim the butt down some....:Biggrin:

1578239622568.png

Last edited:
Reactions: V8! and frankmp
Does the C7 series have adjustable sport seats (like my C4) as an option?

My sport seats allow you to widen the seat back and bottom bolsters to make the seat wider (or small enough to grip you tight when cornering hard).

If the C7 offers similar seats, it might be worth finding one that has that option and seeing if you can make them fit better than “base” or “fixed” seats...

Last edited:

My sport seats allow you to widen the seat back and bottom bolsters to make the seat wider (or small enough to grip you tight when cornering hard).
As noted above, yes, but not on the 1LT and it relaxes the bolster, doesn't actually widen the seat.

Let's hear from @Jeffer2013 on seats. He had the same trouble with th eZ06 seat and actually went into a dealership got the salesman to put a GS and Z06 side by side inside and he spent a long time going back and forth measuring, adjusting and sitting in the different seats. I'll wait for him to give the story and his findings.

Reactions: Tango

If the C7 offers similar seats, it might be worth finding one that has that option and seeing if you can make them fit better than “base” or “fixed” seats...

In the 2019 Z51 I sat in the only adjustment were tilt(inclination), sliding back or forward for tall or short person and lumbar adjustment. Same thing for the Z06. Nothing in both cars to adjust the bolsters.

That's one thing I don't understand about this generation of technology, they leave their customers in complete darkness of possible options. Nowadays people shop online and do their research from home. If Car companies had a website that showed all the option with brief written descriptions and pictures like in video games they'd sell a lot more stuff because right now people don't know they could add this or that option. Sure chev has a site to build your car but its little school level. They didn't put much effort into it.

Someone who hasn't done a ton of research and goes into a dealer, the dealer will sell him the model they have in store. The buyer unaware he could have ordered so much more bells and whistles.

That's one thing I don't understand about this generation of technology, they leave their customers in complete darkness of possible options. Nowadays people shop online and do their research from home. If Car companies had a website that showed all the option with brief written descriptions and pictures like in video games they'd sell a lot more stuff because right now people don't know they could add this or that option. Sure chev has a site to build your car but its little school level. They didn't put much effort into it.

Someone who hasn't done a ton of research and goes into a dealer, the dealer will sell him the model they have in store. The buyer unaware he could have ordered so much more bells and whistles.
Caveat Emptor.....

Reactions: Rruuff Day

Ummm, not to be a pita, but all you have to do is open a brochure and the option packages are listed.

For example:

Go to the back pages where the tables are and it lists the options and what trim levels have what options and what options are standard for what level and/or can be ordered.

Then, you beat up the sales guy on what to order and how much you will pay for it.

But since you’re looking at 2019’s, you’re limited to what’s already out there....or; roll your own with aftermarket parts. The good thing about aftermarket parts is that right now, nothing is discontinued so you can order whatever you want/need. Unlike guys like myself who are still running a C4 and you have to make even simple stuff, like my “breadbox” delete dash panel...

:)

Last edited:
Ummm, not to be a pita, but all you have to do is open a brochure and the option packages are listed.

For example:

Go to the back pages where the tables are and it lists the options and what trim levels have what options standard and/or can be ordered.

:)

Nice, now were talking, I'll be reading that shortly!

You know it would of been very nice if someone at the 3 dealers I visited would of given me one of that brochure in paper form or guided me to this internet brochure. The 2 salesmen out of 3 who gave me their card their name and phone were filled out in pen, sheesh. It takes 2 days to get business cards from vista print. The last one didn't give me his card but I gave him mine! Like you said a good seller is hard work, they didn't apply that rule to themselves.

Nice, now were talking, I'll be reading that shortly!

You know it would of been very nice if someone at the 3 dealers I visited would of given me one of that brochure in paper form or guided me to this internet brochure. The 2 salesmen out of 3 who gave me their card their name and phone were filled out in pen, sheesh. It takes 2 days to get business cards from vista print. The last one didn't give me his card but I gave him mine! Like you said a good seller is hard work, they didn't apply that rule to themselves.
I’d suggest you print it off. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand trying to read something on the computer and its even more of a pain when you want to flip back and forth between pages to compare info. I suppose you coukd open the document twice to compare things, but that just drives me nuts.

Uses up a lot of ink, but I think it’s worth it in this case.

Ah, I so miss paper sometimes.....;)

In the 2019 Z51 I sat in the only adjustment were tilt(inclination), sliding back or forward for tall or short person and lumbar adjustment. Same thing for the Z06. Nothing in both cars to adjust the bolsters.

The bolster adjustment is not an option on the LT1 trim. On the LT2 and LT3, the bolster is adjusted with the same button as the lumbar support. For the lumbar, the button slides forward or backward. For the bolsters the button slides up or down. As with any vehicle, it also pays to read the owners manual. Surprising how many don't and never understand half the features or even know they are there or how to operate them.

• Agree
Reactions: Bixter44 and Tango
To me it just said that if I am spending this kind of money on a car, I am going to know all there is to know about it. Not depending on a salesman to present all the bells and whistles that day. I'm doing my homework, printing the brochure. I'll have the car optioned my way on paper, before I ever get to the dealership. And at the end of the day, and the car is ordered, it is on me to have it right.

Caveat Emptor

Check the video below. This is what it's supposed to be, evidently they are not obligated to a professional order. You do that as a professional you are exposed to disciplinary actions and fines.

If I'm not mistaken, registered financial services industries professionals and used car salespersons likely aren't required to play by the same rules. Much like politicians. lol

Reactions: Bixter44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread