Regular
You're 5
Jun 19, 2014
Collingwood ON
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 Coupe A8
Folks:

Although I am focused on C7 since that is what I have recently ordered, this can be for other generations as well.

I was looking at a crystal red C7 Corvette that is a lottery prize offered by my area Rotary club. Holey-moley! There is a serious amount of orange peel on this baby. About the only place I did not see orange peel is on the hood and the roof panel.

Other C7 and C6 owners, have you experienced an inordinate amount of orange peel on your Corvettes? Never sure whether the orange peel is part of the paint or the clearcoat.

I currently have a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder and it has some orange peel. My '07 Jeep had lots. The Rotary Vette shows more orange peel than my Jeep did. :(

Do I need to be worried? This puppy is costing me only 6K less than my first house!! :confused:

Doug in Collingwood

Hey Doug,

There have been quite a few concerns about the orange peel on the C7. However, I believe this was mostly on the earlier models and some people had it, others did not. I believe they should be getting better with every unit made. What I would personally do if I wanted a smoother paint job is voice a concern with GM and find out if they would do anything about it or take it to a body shop and have them wet sand and polish it.
Some orange peel is pretty normal on a factory car but probably not in the amount you're concerned with.....

As for the Vette costing 6K less than your first house, I sure as heck hope a Corvette does not cost $340,000 - $400,000 in the future when I finally get to buy a new one! :rofl:

Hey Doug,

As for the Vette costing 6K less than your first house, I sure as heck hope a Corvette does not cost $340,000 - $400,000 in the future when I finally get to buy a new one! :rofl:

Hehe. Thanks for replying. Yes, I can appreciate robot paint tends to have 'some' orange peel. Even saw some orange peel on a higher end Beemer and just shook my head. This particular C7 just just seemed to have enough orange peel for three cars.

OMG no!! My first house back in 1979 cost me, oddly enough $79K - way back when I lived in the far reaches of Scarberia

:)

I saw my first up close C7 today crystal red and not was noticeable . When I order one I'm going to make it a condition of the sale . I find it intreating that orange peal appears on just about every introduction Corvette series for the first couple years .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.