Crinks

Casual User
Apr 12, 2018
VetteCoins
Just headed out to go for an afternoon ride. Key fob is DOA, does nothing. Go get my extra key fob......DOA, does nothing. The car is in my garage. I last drove it 4 days ago. Never had any problem whatsoever. Any ideas and suggestions?

Just a long shot....but you could try putting the fob in the slot on the right side of the steering column and seeing if the car will start. But I would not
be surprised if the main battery is dead. The slot for the fob is an induced charge area for the fob battery if it is dead.

Thanks. I was able to get into the vehicle using the key from the fob in the hidden slot by the rear license plate and then opening the emergency pully in the trunk for the driver door. As soon as I did that, it triggered the alarm. The alarm shut itself off after 5 embarrassing minutes, and then surprise surprise both my key fobs began working again? I tested the battery with a volt meter, it's reading 12.8 when car not running, not perfect but not bad. After starting the vehicle the battery is up over 14 so perfectly normal. I'll call the dealer tomorrow but if anyone has any other ideas please send my way......much thanks.

I had key fob issues this spring with three different C7s. All remedied with new key fob batteries. I replaced every one and no issues since. Yours appears to be like the “corvette #3” problem I had. Try this less expensive resolve of key fob batteries. They are 2032 batteries and I will post my DIY next.

Last edited:
Mine went dead this past summer after I had been warned on the display to change the battery.
Went through the same procedure with the alarm except if you get in and start the car the alarm will go off.
After that the FOB worked fine for the rest of the day.
Long story short - change the FOB battery as per SN's excellent instructions. Make sure you put the battery in on the proper side or you will get to follow SN's instruction twice. LOL
So my battery lasted not quite four years. Second FOB works fine for now. Waiting for it to die.

Reactions: YFCvii
Just headed out to go for an afternoon ride. Key fob is DOA, does nothing. Go get my extra key fob......DOA, does nothing. The car is in my garage. I last drove it 4 days ago. Never had any problem whatsoever. Any ideas and suggestions?
I had the same problem with my C7. Had to replace both batteries in both key fobs. Batteries last about 2 to 3 years in those key fobs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.