Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
I understand where all the jacking points are. My question is do I need two separate lifting points on the front (sort of as indicated) or can I use a board running the entire length? The two “holes” I beleive are the approximate jacking points. The second photo is a board (with a towel on it) running the length.

Thanks,

6BC3460F-3B49-4DBA-9585-C816F95F1121.jpeg
F76887D5-C9FF-43CA-B264-7A8CFF4E2FB8.jpeg

I would think you are okay where you have the board in the second picture. For the rear as long as the board catches the red and yellow areas you should also be okay but don't go outside the red areas (shorter board?)

You can lift from one point on the rear, center in the areas shown on the diagram. You can also lift from the front using a board to spread out the weight. The challenge I have when lifting the front is my jack is not long enough to reach the larger cross member with the red dots. Use wheel chucks and stands for safety. I hate crawling under the car.
Good luck.

You can lift from one point on the rear, center in the areas shown on the diagram. You can also lift from the front using a board to spread out the weight. The challenge I have when lifting the front is my jack is not long enough to reach the larger cross member with the red dots. Use wheel chucks and stands for safety. I hate crawling under the car.
Good luck.
Thanks. My car is on a 4 post lift and I have a rolling bridge jack. The center of the jack can be positioned directly under the crossmember with a board running the length of the crossmember. Once raised the jack locks into position so no stands required. Just pulling one wheel off at a time.

Reactions: tyho
I understand where all the jacking points are. My question is do I need two separate lifting points on the front (sort of as indicated) or can I use a board running the entire length? The two “holes” I beleive are the approximate jacking points. The second photo is a board (with a towel on it) running the length.

Thanks,

View attachment 76005View attachment 76006
Al, I have always used a solid 2x4 or 4x4 to distribute the force from a center jack location for the front and rear crossmember. No issues in 7 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.