just over 20,000 2018 models sold. If they have 9000 2019s available right now, one could expect they are on schedule to shut down and re-tool right about that earlier forecasted date of July. We may see a C8 release by October after all. I think if they produce 20,000 C8 units though, they will have more than just C7's sitting around gathering dust. JMO of course.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
just over 20,000 2018 models sold. If they have 9000 2019s available right now, one could expect they are on schedule to shut down and re-tool right about that earlier forecasted date of July. We may see a C8 release by October after all. I think if they produce 20,000 C8 units though, they will have more than just C7's sitting around gathering dust. JMO of course.

I would expect a limited release for the 1st C8 to garner the maximum amount of hype and get the line-ups running for the lucky "bidders" on the allocated Canadian cars at least. Many of the C7s will get picked up by a % of the unlucky bidders and some will pick one up to drive until their C8 is built and shipped. Plenty of folks are still totally against the ME Corvette and will buy up many of the final production year cars to have the FE C7. It will be certainly interesting to see what goes on with the release of the C8 in the US.

Lots of speculation on how this will all go down in Canada but those cars will sell. GM can't be that insane to not have a grand plan... can they? :oops:

Just for giggles, I did a couple quick searches trying to focus on Canada. First, AutoTrader Corvette dealer inventory of new, in stock, 2019's, nationally......498, of which 81 are Verts. A few 2017/2018's snuck into this search (AutoTrader search engine bad), and some dealers don't use AutoTrader so lets estimate roughly 500 new 2019's nationally available. Canada has averaged 900 sales in Q2 of each of the past 3 years alone except 2018 and yes, Q2 2018 went down 25% to 710 deliveries but still decent!

Q1-Q3 2018 USA sales were just over 14,000 units so again Canada should be around 1200 units, my guess is something greater than 1,500 were sold in Canada in 2018. My sources were GM/Chevrolet Investor Relations Q1-Q3 2018, GM Investor Relations Analysts Feb 2019, AutoTrader, GMAuthority, and Corvette Blogger. So frankly, I don't see any issue whatsoever with Canadian Dealer Inventory. Sure, it varies by province and dealer, some still holding a few new 2017/2018 units.....sorta tells me they shouldn't be selling Corvettes but that's another story. And for those that secure some great discounts on new C7 rides, congrats!!!

Just for giggles, I did a couple quick searches trying to focus on Canada. First, AutoTrader Corvette dealer inventory of new, in stock, 2019's, nationally......498, of which 81 are Verts. A few 2017/2018's snuck into this search (AutoTrader search engine bad), and some dealers don't use AutoTrader so lets estimate roughly 500 new 2019's nationally available. Canada has averaged 900 sales in Q2 of each of the past 3 years alone except 2018 and yes, Q2 2018 went down 25% to 710 deliveries but still decent!

Q1-Q3 2018 USA sales were just over 14,000 units so again Canada should be around 1200 units, my guess is something greater than 1,500 were sold in Canada in 2018. My sources were GM/Chevrolet Investor Relations Q1-Q3 2018, GM Investor Relations Analysts Feb 2019, AutoTrader, GMAuthority, and Corvette Blogger. So frankly, I don't see any issue whatsoever with Canadian Dealer Inventory. Sure, it varies by province and dealer, some still holding a few new 2017/2018 units.....sorta tells me they shouldn't be selling Corvettes but that's another story. And for those that secure some great discounts on new C7 rides, congrats!!!
Too much detail for me; however, here in Vancouver super deals on corvettes- a few 2017, some 2018 and less so right now with 2019s. This will change later in the year IMHO and there will be some really good deals - period!! All this means is those of us trading in C7 for C8 are going to get killed - ground into the dirt. I am first on list for C8; however, I am not going to take a huge bath just to own a C8!!!

Dealers don't want to lose their allocation rating. Thus putting as many Corvettes on the lot as they can. This will improve their chances of allocations for new models. Likely not in the first release year, as we saw with both the 2014/2015 early years C7 and more recently the ZR1 thatCdn cars are few and far between and at premium plus prices.. So 2019 rolls closer...and lots of dealers know they won't get a C8... Nothing wrong with having C7's on the lot to help pay for groceries. Yes. They will be discounted but no matter, the dealership is not losing money on these. Our local dealer had shipments coming in all fall and currently has 21 2019 Corvettes on hand, and probably that many again at their sister dealership in Edm. No 2017's or 2018's.

Dealers don't want to lose their allocation rating. Thus putting as many Corvettes on the lot as they can. This will improve their chances of allocations for new models. Likely not in the first release year, as we saw with both the 2014/2015 early years C7 and more recently the ZR1 thatCdn cars are few and far between and at premium plus prices.. So 2019 rolls closer...and lots of dealers know they won't get a C8... Nothing wrong with having C7's on the lot to help pay for groceries. Yes. They will be discounted but no matter, the dealership is not losing money on these. Our local dealer had shipments coming in all fall and currently has 21 2019 Corvettes on hand, and probably that many again at their sister dealership in Edm. No 2017's or 2018's.
Duecks in Vancouver has 17 x 2019 - all with $3000 discounts and one loaded GS 2017 at a huge discount - Price $102K - totally loaded car. Probably get another $2K or $3K off on the 2019s??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread