Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
When I leave my garage the garage door opener will not close it; yet, when I return, it will open it to allow me to park my car. Does not make sense to me.

JCWP, pull down to the end of your driveway then try closing the door. Often the exhaust from any of our vehicles obscures the beam on the door sensors.

.... I am assuming the garage door will close using your visor control once you are inside?

That
JCWP, pull down to the end of your driveway then try closing the door. Often the exhaust from any of our vehicles obscures the beam on the door sensors.

.... I am assuming the garage door will close using your visor control once you are inside?
is what I do: open garage door on my way to car, get in, back out to bottom - than, hit button to close - does not close; I have to get out close door from inside garage, then leave and get into my car. No problem opening GD from car - crazy!!!

Okay. Now that is just weird? Opens but wont close remotely. .... Nearly unpossible! :Ack2:

I know exactly what to do; sell me your corvette for a insanely low price. Presto! Your problem would be solved! :)

Ummmm .... And your Vette is the only vehicle that has this issue? Is this a new problem or consistent with your Corvette since new?

Either way, I would delete all remote devices at the opener then "link" each device again. My old door opener can support up to five remotes. When I replaced the original remotes with new, tiny remotes plus a new truck I needed go through the delete/link process.
Also delete the garage door opener at your car's visor controls. So basically start from scratch .... if you haven't already tried this?

And if your wife won't close it for you, get your girlfriend to do it. :ROFL:
Reminds me of the time we were approached by a guy selling flowers in a restaurant in Zihuatanejo. He asked me if I would like to buy some flowers for my beautiful wife. I informed him that my wife was at home looking after the children... Should have seen the look on his face.... lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.