Who has purchased GMPP or other extended warranty. Wondering about pricing for 84 mos/160 K.
Any advice appreciated..........tks
2015c7

Check around you do not have to buy from the dealer that you get your car from, I'm in Winnipeg had quote's from Ontario, Alberta, B.C. I found the one from Toronto was the cheapest, took all the price's to my dealer and they matched the lowest one, which was around $2300.

2015c7

Check around you do not have to buy from the dealer that you get your car from, I'm in Winnipeg had quote's from Ontario, Alberta, B.C. I found the one from Toronto was the cheapest, took all the price's to my dealer and they matched the lowest one, which was around $2300.

For that price did you get 84 months & 160K ??

I have been mulling this over since ordering the corvette and would LOVE to hear a bit more from those who have this. On my Z06, I have the bumper to bumper 60K/3 years plus the 5yr/160K powertrain component and I am wondering about the feasibility of this 84month/80K add on.... Will it benefit me once my 3 year/60k runs out??? And if so...how?

I have been mulling it over as well, but in the end, I will pay for peace of mind and add the additional mileage and term over and beyond the 3 years/60K. I will average about 10K a year and 80K over 84 months (bumper to bumper) seems like good insurance. To be honest, less concerned about the engine and transmission and more concerned about the electronics/computers on the vehicle.

I have been mulling this over since ordering the corvette and would LOVE to hear a bit more from those who have this. On my Z06, I have the bumper to bumper 60K/3 years plus the 5yr/160K powertrain component and I am wondering about the feasibility of this 84month/80K add on.... Will it benefit me once my 3 year/60k runs out??? And if so...how?

All extended warranties are a matter of personal choice. No right or wrong answer. Do you want to pay for peace of mind or play the numbers game. I know from reading some articles from the US at least that official stats are something along the lines that only 50% of people ever make a claim on ext warranty and only about 30% of those claims exceed the value of the warranty soooo the dealers make big money on them and that may explain the competition and pricing variances.

You also have to factor in that cars are by and large a lot more reliable with every new generation so that obviously diminishes the probability of catastrophic failure. If you want peace of mind you pay for it, nothing wrong with that either. Some brands are more reliable than others and the prices reflect that (I think GM lands somewhere in the middle which is why I'm shocked about the price a little).

Personally I'd look into how much and how hard I'd be driving the car before committing to a warranty. If it's going to be a track weapon or a daily driver definitely worth considering, weekend cruiser? Maybe not, but again my personal preference here.

Last edited:
I guess what I am wondering is whether previous purchasers actually found use in comparison to what they paid. I am also wondering if the 5/160 powertrain negates the necessity for this somewhat..

I guess what I am wondering is whether previous purchasers actually found use in comparison to what they paid. I am also wondering if the 5/160 powertrain negates the necessity for this somewhat..

I've purchased it twice on different vehicles, one GM and one a BMW. In one case I used about 80% of it (funnily enough it was a GM truck), BMW did not get used. So in hindsight was not worth it for me. I forget how much I paid but it was a fair amount of coin for the Beemer.

I bought a new 50th back in 2003 and never bought the extended warranty. To date that C5 has never required any service beyond normal oil changes.
It never went back once for any warrenty work. All it ever needed was tires, and after 9 years. Still has original brakes in good shape. I don't even think a bulb has been replaced on that car yet by need only by choice. As for my new Z06 I haven't bought it yet, but I think I will bite the bullet before the normal warrenty is over and purchase some. I agree it is purely a personal choice no right or wrong.

Reactions: C7Driver
We purchased the extended warranty and it allows a full refund if not used. When I traded in the 08 for a new C7 I got my refund
Not that it was not any less of a great deal for you, would that refunded warranty only apply towards and only when buying a new vehicle?
I love the peace of mind aspect ... but I just buy too many new GM vehicles (and appliances ... and tv's ... and computers ... and what nots)
that keep me from adding on the extended warranty costs. I learned to sleep at night ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.