Just joined the cracked wheel club with my 2019 GS with just 4000KM. The 2 on the right. My daugther went to the dealer this mornig with the car, they said it is not cover and they never heard about this issue. They took pictures and I have to call GM customer service. Any of you had this issue and had it fix under waranty? I am now looking for a new set of wheels (forged if possible) I called a few places in Montreal with no luck, I want the car to look close to OEM but with bether quality , any sugestion on brand and models? pictures? My OEM whells are gloss black cupwheels. On my 2012 ZR1, I have the same wheels, 41000KM and no cracked, same tire size.

BTW If a counter person at a Corvette dealer never heard about cracked wheels on a C7, this person was probably working at a Ford dealer before and never heard about a F150

View attachment 83392
Ouch!!! That sucks big time! I believe there is a Chevy recall notice for cracked wheels. I had mine checked and all four were good. Make sure you het GM to give you new wheels so you can sell them to help pay for your new beauties. As far a truly forged wheel...try Aerolarri on-line. Good luck!

Just joined the cracked wheel club with my 2019 GS with just 4000KM. The 2 on the right. My daugther went to the dealer this mornig with the car, they said it is not cover and they never heard about this issue. They took pictures and I have to call GM customer service. Any of you had this issue and had it fix under waranty? I am now looking for a new set of wheels (forged if possible) I called a few places in Montreal with no luck, I want the car to look close to OEM but with bether quality , any sugestion on brand and models? pictures? My OEM whells are gloss black cupwheels. On my 2012 ZR1, I have the same wheels, 41000KM and no cracked, same tire size.

BTW If a counter person at a Corvette dealer never heard about cracked wheels on a C7, this person was probably working at a Ford dealer before and never heard about a F150

View attachment 83392
I had experienced a cracked rim situation as well on my 2016 Z06 Coupe. I took it to my dealership and they inspected it, ordered a new free replacement no questions asked. Another buddy had the same experaince with his 2017 Grand Sport, and the same result, free replacement rim no questions asked.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Well ... despite what I said in June in this thread, last Friday (Aug 6) I joined the club! After whacking a manhole protrusion on a scraped road surface, I have 2 bent wheels on the right side. There were many manhole protrusion of about 3 inches and I avoided them easily. Then I got caught between cars on either side of me and could not swerve away. Bump, bump and then a slight shimmy at 80kmh. Checked the wheels today and they are both out of round by about 3/8" but no cracks. I put the winter wheels and tires on until I can find 2 new wheels. Very, very unhappy ... arrgh!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Rendawg and DavidWG
I'm curious of if any of the different styles of factory wheels are more prone to the cracking issue then others?
Hard to say, My friend's Z06 had the same issue with 1 wheel and GM refuse to replace it, they said no because of a 3 inches long curb rash on the exterior side of the wheel, just like if this small scratch would make the wheel crack on the inner side. I finnaly had mine fixed by one of my supplier. 200$ to repair 2 wheels and 48hrs down time. Still looking for another set of wheel to put on the GS, I will keep these oem as spares, they can fit on the ZR1 to so if any bad luck during the season, I can switch the set and continue to use the car.

Reactions: Rendawg
Well ... despite what I said in June in this thread, last Friday (Aug 6) I joined the club! After whacking a manhole protrusion on a scraped road surface, I have 2 bent wheels on the right side. There were many manhole protrusion of about 3 inches and I avoided them easily. Then I got caught between cars on either side of me and could not swerve away. Bump, bump and then a slight shimmy at 80kmh. Checked the wheels today and they are both out of round by about 3/8" but no cracks. I put the winter wheels and tires on until I can find 2 new wheels. Very, very unhappy ... arrgh!
Welcome to the club. It's a shame to sell cars, with a 6 digits price tag, equip with wheel that does not fit the performance. If these cars can go on the track, they should be sold with wheel capable to resist what the car can do. Your wheels can be fix, but by experience, every time they staigting them up, they get weaker.

I had experienced a cracked rim situation as well on my 2016 Z06 Coupe. I took it to my dealership and they inspected it, ordered a new free replacement no questions asked. Another buddy had the same experaince with his 2017 Grand Sport, and the same result, free replacement rim no questions asked.
I wish I had the same kind of service.

Ouch!!! That sucks big time! I believe there is a Chevy recall notice for cracked wheels. I had mine checked and all four were good. Make sure you het GM to give you new wheels so you can sell them to help pay for your new beauties. As far a truly forged wheel...try Aerolarri on-line. Good luck!
Hi DAL. No recall yet, dealer told me they never eard about that issu with wheels, beleive it or not, this was a corvette dealer :mad:. There is a law suit in the US and, not sure, one in Canada to

Welcome to the club. It's a shame to sell cars, with a 6 digits price tag, equip with wheel that does not fit the performance. If these cars can go on the track, they should be sold with wheel capable to resist what the car can do. Your wheels can be fix, but by experience, every time they staigting them up, they get weaker.
Agree that GM must be aware the cast aluminum wheels are subject to bending and cracking. I have not heard of the issue on the C8 yet.

Can you point me in the direction of someone who can straighten my bent wheels. If it can be done successfully I am willing to take a chance on future problems. It would save me a bunch of money.

Agree that GM must be aware the cast aluminum wheels are subject to bending and cracking. I have not heard of the issue on the C8 yet.

Can you point me in the direction of someone who can straighten my bent wheels. If it can be done successfully I am willing to take a chance on future problems. It would save me a bunch of money.
Most tire shop, dealers and general service shop have contact with company who fix them. I only know local company around my shop (Montreal area). I am pretty sure there is one close to you. I would take care of them for you if you where closer.

Most tire shop, dealers and general service shop have contact with company who fix them. I only know local company around my shop (Montreal area). I am pretty sure there is one close to you. I would take care of them for you if you where closer.
Thanks for support and guidance. I contacted a local NAPA AutoPro garage and he will send them out for repair. Next step is to see if the tires are ok once they are removed.

Reactions: theboss
Hi Nimm. That's the wheel I was looking at to. Did you order thrue there website or local retailer? How long before you can get them?
I ordered them through a local dealer here in ottawa,. They were recommended to me from a friend who ordered them online for his Z06
Price was similar, $3k for a set, should be here in 2 to 3 weeks, there was stock in the US.

I ordered them through a local dealer here in ottawa,. They were recommended to me from a friend who ordered them online for his Z06
Price was similar, $3k for a set, should be here in 2 to 3 weeks, there was stock in the US.
Thanks for the info. I will try to find a local dealer in Montreal, If I dont find any, Ottawa is only a 2 hrs drive from here

Thanks for the info. I will try to find a local dealer in Montreal, If I dont find any, Ottawa is only a 2 hrs drive from here
Here is what the rims look like on the car.

Other questions what the used rims worth? someone at the dealership was asking for them.

Attachments

• 20210903_160405.jpg
    20210903_160405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210903_160356.jpg
    20210903_160356.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
I put a set of Crays on my 2016 C7 Z06 after the factory wheels cracked and I got nowhere with GM regarding their questionable engineering...
Purchased the Crays from a custom auto shop in Calgary. As for the Crays, they were on my C7 for 3-years, about 30,000 km and held up well. My major complaint with them is the rims stick out an extra inch and would rub on the fender lips when you hit a bump in the road. After 3-years / 30k the tires had very noticeable grooves from the rubbing. I tried multiple times to speak with Cray about this matter and got zero replies, so their after sales follow-up stinks IMHO.
But the Cray rims didn't crack like the factory ones did at around 6,000 km.
If I was to do this again, I would find rims that match the size and offset of the factory wheels.
Sold my C7 last month with 60k on it. Totally fed up with the ice-cream headaches from dealing with GM.

Attachments

• 20201202_122430.jpg
    20201202_122430.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread