Feb 6, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Corvette Vert
Province
ON
Hey everyone,

My Dad is getting a bad itch to scoop up a 19 C7. He’s looking for a base car. Noticed Costco pricing is on now and the Vette qualifies. I read it’s invoice plus 1.5%.

I was curious to know what price or how much of a discount can he expect? Seen msrps around $67-74k. Would it be unreasonable to get the sale price to 60?

If anyone has recently made a purchase I’d appreciate your feedback. Located in the GTA.

Thanks!

Your range of 67-74 is for a base 1lt coupe. I see right now a local dealer selling msrp of $70 for $59k. Not too shabby. Thats with costco. Then an additional $500 gift card...
20190827_175559.jpg

I just wrapped up a Costco Purchase. I just received my $500 voucher tonight.
There's no dancing around and no negotiating the Costco Price Arrangement.
Costco is very particular on how this program works and they confirm all aspects
of the purchase with the Dealer and with the Customer following the purchase.

From what I understand, this is a trial run for GM and then it will be determined if continuing.
I think Ford Dealers must have done some strange shenanigans to lose this partnership
and GM Dealers have a specific procedure to follow - no games - as I just completed it.

I got a new 2019 GMC Sierra Denali … love it !
So you have to first register your Costco Card with Costco for your Discount Code.
It will ask your dealership in the process. So pick your vehicle and the Price is Set.
Once known you can then decide if you want to proceed with the purchase.

Yes, there are some great discounts out there so just ask the dealer if Costco method would beat it.
It's pretty simple and a good dealership will fully disclose this for you on your choice vehicle.

By the way, it will be a net $350 Costco Card as there is a $150 Costco fee added to the vehicle purchase.
This $150 fee is up-and-up as I bought from a Dealership who honestly has no doc fees added (only tax).

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
So if not a Costco member no discount pricing?..Right a dealership is not going to give you the same discount to sell you a vette.I think not.If you are a willing buyer I am sure you will get the same pricing. Costco member or not.I do not see line ups out the door of Costco members buying vettes anytime soon

The Costco Pricing is not GM "blow-out" pricing. Nor is it to build New Costco Membership Applications.
Yes, you gotta be a Costco Member and qualify online with Costco to take advantage of the Program.
It’s really rather simple to understand and I can see this program working really well
for those buyers who do not have the new vehicle negotiation ability.
I know some people just can’t negotiate and why I am sometimes asked to do it for(with) them.
This program is not like year end pricing. It’s also not just for Corvettes.

I am very particular with my purchases. I just used the Costco program so I can share first-hand experience.
I see nothing negative with it (otherwise I would have passed).
My new Sierra purchase that I just did also got 0% financing (instead of 5%) and
I also negotiated accessories being included ... I also used my $2100 GM visa money.
The program(s) all work very well together for someone with the drive to take advantage of them all.

more on the Costco Card ...
The $500 Costco card has no expiry.
It cannot be used for gas, smokes, alcohol, Costco credit card payments.
It is to be used for at-the-till purchases.
So I got a truck to haul my groceries for the next little while ...
although there are some pretty cool things in the electronic & tool section ... Win Win 😂👍🏻

Last edited:
  • Agree
Remember for cash buyers the Costco deal reflects preferred pricing BUT also includes current $5k cash back. Hence some great pricing as shown in examples I posted earlier in the thread. Costco gos away sept 3 then based on what new cash backs gm provides pricing may improve. Or be worse. I’ve seen cashback as high as $12k in the past......

• Informative
I bought from Julian at this dealership last month, it was the smoothest car buying experience I've ever had, and their prices were the best I could find. They're about 2 hrs away from me, but I did it all by email/phone, and they delivered my car to me and drove away my trade. It looks like 1LT's are ~$10k off, but I'm not sure how it works with financing, I didn't go that route.

I bought from Julian at this dealership last month, it was the smoothest car buying experience I've ever had, and their prices were the best I could find. They're about 2 hrs away from me, but I did it all by email/phone, and they delivered my car to me and drove away my trade. It looks like 1LT's are ~$10k off, but I'm not sure how it works with financing, I didn't go that route.

I kinda like the name on the Building at this Dealership 🤣
Even though this Spencer is in Calgary they had “my name” on their list for a ZR1 allocation (or two ZR1) which neither came through (oh well) ...
but a Spencer did get one (the Owner) 😂 ... however ... a couple of nice people I got to talk to there. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread