Curious about these for my car anybody using them? Thoughts?

I missed out on a used set FS at a great price so if anyone has them and wants to sell I "might" be interested to purchase but would like to know from those that have them on their car now how they are. Obviously I'm not expecting major night and day differences between them and the factory alum. pieces that are on these cars but still............................YMMV.

As you noted yourself, unlikely to make a huge or noticeable difference. The car is already set up to track very steady... unless of course you are competitively looking to eke out 10ths of a second.

St. Nick is bringing me a set for my ZR1 courtesy of Mrs. Afterimage. When I get them and do the install I'll weigh the stock alum. pieces and these to see what if any the difference may be.
Nice. Thank you for posting this.
If you are installing them yourself, it would be great if you could add a bit more to the job and post photos of your first-hand progress and process as this thread moves along.
Yes lots of carbon fibre … and this would be one of a few add-ons that I would not sit back and see afterwards. It is never out of the question for doing anything carbon fibre on a C7 whether an upgrade and/or betterment or simply cosmetic. 🙂👍🏻

Last edited:
Yes, I'll install them myself and no problem, I'll do pics and a video of the installation. Stay tuned.

Tony
EEA0B8DB-80A4-4D6E-859D-78EF1801BFFA.gif

Got them on earlier this week. I don't have a proper scale where it will register the proper weights so I'll just say that holding 1 stock alum. brace and the corresponding CF composite brace in each hand you can tell the composite is lighter. It is a difference you can feel and the composites are bolted onto the car with 2 less bolts in the rear (alum stock brace held with 3 bolts in the back, CF one is just 2).

Not a big deal pulling the alum braces off and install these but I did run into an issue with 1 rear composite brace. The area where the bolt go through the metal U clip there is a high spot in the U section that was just enough to prevent the bolt from cleanly going through the brace and threading into the rear cross member. Of course if you man handle it and impact the crap out of the bolt it will go in but I don't do things like that. I ended up getting some sand paper and removing the high spot in that area (took quite a bit of sanding) until the bolt fits through freely and threads into the X member all the way in by hand. The other 3 braces had no issue so chalk that up to manufacturing tolerances (even on a Chevy Performance part). I expected all 4 to go in no issue but I guess as with most afkt items you install on your car a hiccup free install is the exception and not the norm.

Here are some pics and I still have to do a video where I will explain that issue in more detail with visuals later. I'm happy with how they fit and should work like the factory braces and lighter to boot.

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_164507.jpg
    IMG_20220106_164507.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220106_164532.jpg
    IMG_20220106_164532.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220106_164704.jpg
    IMG_20220106_164704.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220106_164910.jpg
    IMG_20220106_164910.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220106_164950.jpg
    IMG_20220106_164950.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.